Melbourne Victory's Club Shop has officially opened!

Remove this Banner Ad

GENX

Senior List
Mar 2, 2005
Melbourne Victory's Club Shop has officially opened

Meet the players at the Victory Shop!
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005 - 9:37AM

Melbourne Victory's Club Shop has officially opened!
Melbourne Victory players will be appearing at the Melbourne Victory Club Shop on Wednesday 23rd and Tuesday 29th November between 6.30pm and 8.30pm.

There will be member discounts, player appearances, a signing session, loads of activities and a barbeque.

All your favourite Melbourne Victory gear is now available from 283 Bay Road, Cheltenham, just down the road from Southland Shopping Centre.

Now there's no need to miss any of the action on matchday while waiting in queues - get to the Victory Shop today!

Remember, the club retains 100% of the profits if you buy directly from the club. So do your bit for Melbourne Victory and grab a shirt, a cap and a jacket ... for yourself and the whole family.

You couldn't imagine a better gift this Christmas than authentic Melbourne Victory merchandise purchased directly from the club.

MELBOURNE VICTORY SHOP
283 Bay Road
Cheltenham
Open: M-F 10am-4pm
1300 783 014

Danny Allsopp #9 shirts are doing a roaring trade as we speak.

And SS, why is it a bad location? It's about 5mins away from one of the biggest shopping complexes in Melbourne.

I wouldve thought opening a shop in Melbourne would've been a good idea as we are the Melbourne Victory!

Cheltenham :thumbsdown:

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
And SS, why is it a bad location? It's about 5mins away from one of the biggest shopping complexes in Melbourne.

So even though its on the other side of the city to a lot of us its a good spot because its near a shoppping centre?

Obviously somewhere central would have been better, but they musn't think it will have a big enough turnover to justify the higher rent associated with that. I don't really care, we can buy anything we want at games or online anyway.

Pembleton said:
So even though its on the other side of the city to a lot of us its a good spot because its near a shoppping centre?

No matter where they put it, it is going to be inconvenient for someone. Now if you stop to think about it for a minute, shopping complexes the size of Southland attract a lot of people...

Pembleton said:
I don't really care, we can buy anything we want at games or online anyway.

So why complain?

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
No matter where they put it, it is going to be inconvenient for someone. Now if you stop to think about it for a minute, shopping complexes the size of Southland attract a lot of people...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to minimise the number of people inconvenienced and the level of that inconvenience? Do you think "5 mins" from Southland is the best location to do that?

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
So why complain?

Now if you stop and think for a minute, you'll notice that i simply put a question to you, and did not complain at all. Having an opinion that its not the best location isn't the same as complaining about it.

Pembleton said:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to minimise the number of people inconvenienced and the level of that inconvenience? Do you think "5 mins" from Southland is the best location to do that?

Now if you stop and think for a minute, you'll notice that i simply put a question to you, and did not complain at all. Having an opinion that its not the best location isn't the same as complaining about it.

You're definetley having a whinge about the location, as it seems to all rotate around what's best for you (first post), which you've then tried to rephrase as a generalisation (as above). Whinging is quite pointless in your case considering you and anyone else can order whatever you want online.

Does the phrase "Location, Location, Location" mean anything to you? If I was thinking of opening a shop of that nature I'd want to be putting it in a location that attracts a lot of people. Perhaps their membership data indicates the bulk of their members are from that region? I'm sure they didn't just throw darts at a map and decide where to put it.

Ultimately this discussion is rather pointless since a) you don't have to go there to get what you want, and b) no matter where they locate it, it isn't going to suit everyone.

You'd think some people would be grateful that there is a retail shopfront...

We are the Melbourne Victory. We're not the South Eastern Suburbs Victory.

I know the clubs HQ's are in Cheltenham, but straight off the bat you've alienated anyone who's in the Western or Northern Suburbs. And there's a lot of us that support Melbourne out that way, given they were looking at making the Western Suburbs home at one point.

In the former NSL there were two Victorian sides. Both have their hearts either in melbourne or on the other side of town. Surely that's some indication to where the bigger supporter bases are.

And who give a ******** if it's 5 minutes from Southland? I've never once been to Southland. So the likelihood that i will drive past it on one of my many trips to Southland is close to 0.

I think they may have erred in it's location. No doubt rent was a factor in it's positioning, as well as the fact that Cheltenham is where the Victory base their operations out of, but to be honest, i don't think they researched hard enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
If it was based in the West or Northern Suburbs, wouldn't that alienate anyone in the East/South East?

Either way someone is going to lose out.

What about putting it somewhere in a 5km radius of where we actually play?

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
I'm sure the almighty dollar had something to say about that.

I'm sure it did to, and as you said, by not putting in central, you're bound to alienate someone, and if it was on my side of town, i probably wouldn't be complaining, but it's not, and chances are, i'll never go to the Victory store, so they miss out on my impluse buying.

FFS who cares where it is. Whilst we'd all like a big shiny store in the heart of the CBD that is simply not an option. If people are going to be 'alienated' from MVFC based on the location of a ********ing merchandise store then good riddance I say. For the record I don't live in the SE suburbs.

AlwaysCarlton said:
FFS who cares where it is. Whilst we'd all like a big shiny store in the heart of the CBD that is simply not an option. If people are going to be 'alienated' from MVFC based on the location of a ********ing merchandise store then good riddance I say. For the record I don't live in the SE suburbs.

At no point has anyone talked about being alienated from the club, just the club shop.

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
You're definetley having a whinge about the location, as it seems to all rotate around what's best for you (first post), which you've then tried to rephrase as a generalisation (as above). Whinging is quite pointless in your case considering you and anyone else can order whatever you want online.

My first post was a generalisation about the fact that "A LOT OF US" (as in Victory supporters) live on the other side of the city. I do not understand how that seems to you to be a comment about what is best for me. If what you suggest is true, i'd be arguing it should be in my street or at least in my suburb, not somewhere central, which is what i did suggest in that first post, you know, the one thats supposed to rotate around whats best for me.

Using MY OWN POINT about why it doesnt matter to me to show why i shouldn't whinge about it, whilst saying that i am whinging about it, is nonsensical.

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
If it was based in the West or Northern Suburbs, wouldn't that alienate anyone in the East/South East?

That would also be a poor location.

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
You'd think some people would be grateful that there is a retail shopfront...

I'm sure some people are.

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
More whining - it's just a club shop. Nothing more, nothing less.

Something doesn't have to be particularly important to be worth filling some spare time talking about. You clearly agree because you have posted more times than anyone else on the issue of the club shop's location. Having a go at what someone posts then calling it whining when they respond is a strange thing to do.

Pembleton said:
Something doesn't have to be particularly important to be worth filling some spare time talking about. You clearly agree because you have posted more times than anyone else on the issue of the club shop's location. Having a go at what someone posts then calling it whining when they respond is a strange thing to do.

The only thing I've drawn attention to is your pathetic arguments and hypocrisy. Furthermore, if you opened your eyes for half a minute, you'll notice I haven't had a single whinge about it's location - most of that is coming from your fingertips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back