Preview Melbourne vs Adelaide - Prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be some technical difficulties this week with our man Wonaeamirri33 appending an official preview to this thread but we'll see what happens - he may be able to work something out via PM.

In the mean time feel free to kick off discussion and we'll add the teams tomorrow night.

AFL preview

Squad: Dees include three in squad

Final team: Dees make one change

Round 22 Melbourne team

B: Joel Macdonald, Colin Garland, Tom McDonald
HB: Jack Watts, James Frawley, Lynden Dunn
C: Jack Trengove, Jordie McKenzie, Jack Grimes
HF: Sam Blease, Jared Rivers, Rohan Bail
F: Jeremy Howe, Brad Green, Neville Jetta
FOLL: Jake Spencer, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones
I/C: James Strauss, Daniel Nicholson, James Sellar, Luke Tapscott
EMG: Jordan Gysberts, Matthew Bate, Tom Couch
IN: Daniel Nicholson
OUT: Tom Couch

MELBvADEL-246x316px12.jpg

Will be going to my 2nd game of the season, just to celebrate Greeny.

Hopefully we lose by less than 10 goals.

I really can't be arsed, but I should get along for greeny...

Hopefully under 100 points

Will be going, as always.
I wonder if Green will go to Freo next week? Might wanna go out at the G

Will be my girlfriend's first game for the year (Adelaide supporter), so should be a good day either way.

Where we need to stop Adelaide is at the clearances. Much easier said than done. They are the best at clearances, we are the worst. I think McKenzie will take the tag on Dangerfield. If anyone can stop him I reckon Jordie can (Jack Trengove too, but I'd rather him not get suspended this time around).

I'd like to think Tom McDonald takes Tippett and Frawley takes Walker. Also I think Joel Mac or Strauss will take Porpoise.

I think the X-Factor here is Sylvia. Kicked four goals in the corresponding game last season and I think he can have another big one here. Green's another one, he'll be playing on Johncock I think and he'll want to finish on a high. As for who to play on Jacobs, I'd love to think we can play Jamar (or Fitz, if unavailable). They can match Jacobs' ground coverage. While Spencer's past month has been great I think he'd get towelled by arguably the best ruckman in the game behind the Cox/Naitanui combination.

I think we can win. Would probably be the only one who thinks so though.

Sorry to intrude

Unfortunately for you we lost last week, boys will be angry and have been smashed in the press.
Expect a reaction.
Although you have been a bogey for us in recent years at the G, but we are a much different side from last year.

What are Melbourne supporters thoughts on Nel Craig ? He did a lot of good at our club but usual story probably stayed a year too long !

I think Craig's been a good get. Haven't seen or heard too much from him, but what I have got suggests he has decent ideas on how to develop a strong list (look at the Crows now!) and has a high benchmark for the players to strive to acheive, which I think is a big benefit to the club and players. I think him and Neeld get along very well in that they both have very high expectations of the players and where they want to get to.

Let's not hope to send off Greeny with a win, and create a winning culture and something to give us confidence with going into 2013, instead let's hope for a loss which will mean nothing towards our draft pick ordering. :thumbsu: Some people just don't learn.
I admire your sentiment and its not a good feeling hoping your team doesn't win. But you are wrong about the draft pick ordering.

Take a look at the ladder. A win will put us ahead of the Doggies - who also have 2 picks and will not win another game this year. Picks 3 and 4 will turn into picks 5 and 6. I'm not sure if GWS or GC would nominate Viney at picks 1 and 2, but i'm far more certain Doggies would with Pick 3 (essentially pick 4).

All a moot point anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I admire your sentiment and its not a good feeling hoping your team doesn't win. But you are wrong about the draft pick ordering.

Take a look at the ladder. A win will put us ahead of the Doggies - who also have 2 picks and will not win another game this year. Picks 3 and 4 will turn into picks 5 and 6. I'm not sure if GWS or GC would nominate Viney at picks 1 and 2, but i'm far more certain Doggies would with Pick 3 (essentially pick 4).

All a moot point anyway.
We'd be in front by a very small percentage. Dogs would go in with a good chance against the Lions in the last round, especially considering they are saying farewell to a couple of their players. So to say they 'will' not win another game is ignorant. I'm not sure about you but, at this stage at our club I'm not worried about ladder position and draft picks, I'm worried about developing a great culture, one or two pick difference in the draft isn't everything. You develop what you get to the best of your ability. Look at Geelong and what they've been doing in recent years, Jordan Murdoch is gonna be a player, he wasn't a top 5 pick, and the Cats won a flag, so I don't really agree with your stance.

We'd be in front by a very small percentage. Dogs would go in with a good chance against the Lions in the last round, especially considering they are saying farewell to a couple of their players. So to say they 'will' not win another game is ignorant. I'm not sure about you but, at this stage at our club I'm not worried about ladder position and draft picks, I'm worried about developing a great culture, one or two pick difference in the draft isn't everything. You develop what you get to the best of your ability. Look at Geelong and what they've been doing in recent years, Jordan Murdoch is gonna be a player, he wasn't a top 5 pick, and the Cats won a flag, so I don't really agree with your stance.
Ignorant is not the right word. Assuming, presumptuous, maybe, but really there is a negligible chance of them winning considering both of their picks will go down to places down the order. They're playing as badly as we are. They need a rebuild more than us, and this would jepordise their best chance. Go have a look at the Doggies board. They are already working out where to use picks 3 and 4 should we happen to beat Adelaide.

I agree we need to develop a great culture to take us forward. I just think we are more likely to acheive this by drafting better players (hopefully) via better picks, than winning a solitary game against a good interstate side, with a horrible record on our home ground. I completely understand your view though, i just don't agree.

Hey guys, remember the last time the supporters and the club itself didn't want us to win games? Well, now the AFL are investigating us and we could end up getting our picks taken away this year anyway! Woooooo!

DON'T WISH FOR A LOSS, PLEASE

May go along for Greeny, if so will probably be gone by half time.

MFCS depression has well and truly set in.

Ignorant is not the right word. Assuming, presumptuous, maybe, but really there is a negligible chance of them winning considering both of their picks will go down to places down the order. They're playing as badly as we are. They need a rebuild more than us, and this would jepordise their best chance. Go have a look at the Doggies board. They are already working out where to use picks 3 and 4 should we happen to beat Adelaide.

I agree we need to develop a great culture to take us forward. I just think we are more likely to acheive this by drafting better players (hopefully) via better picks, than winning a solitary game against a good interstate side, with a horrible record on our home ground. I completely understand your view though, i just don't agree.
Yeh, fair enough, we have two completely different opinions. I just don't understand how losing benefits your club, AFL clubs main focus it to win and that's what I'd hope my team goes out to do this week. I'll take culture and tradition before strategy and tactics (which have yet been proven to help a team win flags) any day.

Let's pull a Brisbane!

Attending for Greeny and Chip and what will be the last match for 7 months. Bring on the off-season, I say! Now that's a playing field we can win on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back