Melbourne vs Collingwood - Blockbuster Clash Queens Birthday

Remove this Banner Ad

good test for us. Although I rekon Melb will be after revenge after we knocked them out of finals last year.
Dees by 17 points.

Genuine question - if Pies beat the Dees on Monday, do the Dees get pegged back as ‘pretenders’ or do people sit up and start taking the Pies seriously?

I’m not after validation for the Pies with the question, just curious around people’s view of the two sides.

As per page 3 of the ‘Richmond Supporters’ Almanac’:

“If an opposition team win a game that is not a finals game, tell yourself they have peaked too early. If an opposition team lose a game, tell yourself they are simply pretenders”.

here's one for the dees although I don't remember this one. Russell Robertson snagging 7 back in 2007 giving the Dee's the spoils.

RR was pretty flashy. Good player old Russ.

That game was hilarious, our season shot already and i think we were up by 6 or so goals at quarter time thanks to some decent umpiring for a change ;) Pies supporters going mental at quarter time as I walked up to grab a beer.

As per page 3 of the ‘Richmond Supporters’ Almanac’:

“If an opposition team win a game that is not a finals game, tell yourself they have peaked too early. If an opposition team lose a game, tell yourself they are simply pretenders”.
“...Throw in last year’s Premiership in an arrogant manner somewhere.”

English as a second language? Or just stupid?

Oh.. hang on. I just saw you come from Altona. A bit of column A and a lot of column B.

I take it your are just a typical Melbourne fan that drinks Chardonnay and brings your own cheese platter whilst sitting in the mcc yelling “go dees, go no.5”. And you like most Melbourne fans only attend 1 game per year on queens bday.

I also bet that you despise Collingwood and they are you’re most hated team, while Collingwood fans just think that Melbourne is just a minnow club that would not be around if it was not for Eddie and the Collingwood football club allowing Melbourne to have a home game on queens bday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also no way they’ll be 80k. Only got 77k against Richmond on Anzac Eve when it was our home game

Think you might be surprised. Public holiday list of neutrals will go as well. The first 3 levels of the afl members reserve are sold out and the mcc will be chockers. Melbourne will bring 35,000 of their fans but it will depend on how many Collingwood fans turn up plus neutrals. My prediction is 81,000.

If Collingwood can bring their 40,000 then all your will need is 5,000 neutrals and bang 80,000.

Also no way they’ll be 80k. Only got 77k against Richmond on Anzac Eve when it was our home game
We were coming off a hiding against Hawthorn

I take it your are just a typical Melbourne fan that drinks Chardonnay and brings your own cheese platter whilst sitting in the mcc yelling “go dees, go no.5”. And you like most Melbourne fans only attend 1 game per year on queens bday.

I also bet that you despise Collingwood and they are you’re most hated team, while Collingwood fans just think that Melbourne is just a minnow club that would not be around if it was not for Eddie and the Collingwood football club allowing Melbourne to have a home game on queens bday.

Herpa derp. You'd guess wrong. I like you lot. I use you as examples to my kids of why it is important to get an education and brush your teeth. And don't be sad that you can't afford cheese. I'm sure you can get your wife/sister to make enough of a distraction so you can steal some.

We're in pretty good form at the moment, but I think the Dees will win by 5-6 goals. They're in ripping form and their forward line is very dangerous at the moment.

I hope it's a good game like last years only with fair umpiring this time. The amount of inside 50 frees Melbourne got and how quick the umps were to ping us for HTB was disgraceful. Every neutral supporter in the Game Day thread here thought the umpiring was atrocious as well. None of that this time please.

Herpa derp. You'd guess wrong. I like you lot. I use you as examples to my kids of why it is important to get an education and brush your teeth. And don't be sad that you can't afford cheese. I'm sure you can get your wife/sister to make enough of a distraction so you can steal some.

I actually have very nice teeth thank you. I get asked quite often “why I barrack for Collingwood?”

And actually I had a cheese platter last night from my Melbourne mate it was really nice

I'm hoping for a roller coasting, smash'em, crash'em, no holds barred, put away the whistle slugfest.....

...that ends in a draw. 2 points each.

I actually have very nice teeth thank you. I get asked quite often “why I barrack for Collingwood?”

And actually I had a cheese platter last night from my Melbourne mate it was really nice

In all seriousness I'm going out with a Collingwood supporter. If she saw my last post I wouldn't wake up tomorrow. I think next week will be a cracker. Both sides seem to be evenly matched across all lines, and play a similar brand of football - fast and deadly when it works, and ugly when it doesn't. I think it will be a big test for both clubs, even if it isn't the be all, end all.

And you can believe this if you want or throw it in the bin, but my job is actually as cheese maker. Yeah, I cringed when that fella brought along the platter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back