Melbourne vs Collingwood - Blockbuster Clash Queens Birthday

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously you’re ready to buy your GF tickets. Just as you purchased your finals ticket last year.....

Yes thanks for reminding everyone that Collingwood, one of the most disappointing easy beats of 2017, ended Melbourne's season in round 23. We still finished above you lol

Let's not forget you led by 5 goals against us and 50 against Adelaide and still couldn't get the job done lol

If we don't win by 6 goals + I'll be genuinely surprised. Pies have been playing good footy (like the transition play), but, we've got a more talented team with the likely 22s lining up next Monday, playing committed four quarter football.
No doubt we’ve been playing well lately, but Collingwood is on a level above the teams we’ve been playing. I’ve been fairly confident the last few games but this one will be a contest.

If we don't win by 6 goals + I'll be genuinely surprised. Pies have been playing good footy (like the transition play), but, we've got a more talented team with the likely 22s lining up next Monday, playing committed four quarter football.
Good observation. Hopefully both sides are performing well enough towards the end of the year and the Pies can get Elliott, Varcoe, Aish and Moore on the park for that hitout.

Yes thanks for reminding everyone that Collingwood, one of the most disappointing easy beats of 2017, ended Melbourne's season in round 23. We still finished above you lol

Let's not forget you led by 5 goals against us and 50 against Adelaide and still couldn't get the job done lol
One of the most disappointing easy beats? We lost 10 games by under 4 goals and out biggest loss was by 6 goals. Try again troll.

Pies are there abouts. I honestly do not think either team are contenders. Both likely to play in September however.
Agreed, This year is a two horse race It's either Richmond or West Coast. A bit like 2009 with Geelong and St Kilda but not quite at that level. I see Melbourne as the Bulldogs in 2009, great side but a level below.

I don't know why there are so many melb supporters here super confident and cocky... lets get cocky once we win a flag ffs I reckon the Pies form right now is pretty good like definitely top 8 maybe top 4 worthy so I don't see why this is just another tick off the box - if we win even by a goal ill be rapped and i'll start believing. Losing Lever definitely doesn't help I have nightmares about Frost butchering the ball and giving away silly 50's that haunt me that could come back to terrorise again.

I actually think this game will be closer than most think.

Collingwood actually have the midfield to go with Melbourne.

Grundy can match Gawn in the ruck also.

The difference with Collingwood 2018 vs 2017 in the last month is they have actually been able to convert midfield dominance.

I'm not sure how the likes of WHE, De Goey, Mihocek, Cox, Thomas will go against Melbourne.

It's the strangest/ugliest looking forward line in the league, but it's been effective the last month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think this game will be closer than most think.

Collingwood actually have the midfield to go with Melbourne.

Grundy can match Gawn in the ruck also.

The difference with Collingwood 2018 vs 2017 in the last month is they have actually been able to convert midfield dominance.

I'm not sure how the likes of WHE, De Goey, Mihocek, Cox, Thomas will go against Melbourne.

It's the strangest/ugliest looking forward line in the league, but it's been effective the last month.
Funnily enough I don't think Collingwood have the backline. Dunn can only take one of them, and he gets worked over by hard-running enduro KPFs as well. Hogan and McDonald will have a field day.

I don't know why there are so many melb supporters here super confident and cocky... lets get cocky once we win a flag ffs I reckon the Pies form right now is pretty good like definitely top 8 maybe top 4 worthy so I don't see why this is just another tick off the box - if we win even by a goal ill be rapped and i'll start believing. Losing Lever definitely doesn't help I have nightmares about Frost butchering the ball and giving away silly 50's that haunt me that could come back to terrorise again.
Well said, I think on form we should win next week but never take anything for granted in this game.

Will be interesting to see the match ups on gameday.

We've got a very tall but mobile forward line and with no Moore and I think I read Reid was in doubt with a leg (is he still playing forward?) I'm curious to see how Collingwood match up.
Funnily enough I don't think Collingwood have the backline. Dunn can only take one of them, and he gets worked over by hard-running enduro KPFs as well. Hogan and McDonald will have a field day.
Moore has played 2 quarters in the backline this season and Reid has only played as a forward, when he has played.

We’ve got Dunn, Scharenberg and Langdon who will take the three talls with Howe (hope he is back) coming in as the 3rd over the top.

All 4 have been in splendid form so far this season, outside Dunn giving away some silly frees.

Sent via Telegram
melblol.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back