Preview Melbourne Vs Footscray @ MCG, Round 14, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask about Griffen and who would get the job on him, but you've answered that already :p If Nicholson hasn't been tagging much, or isn't used to it, then Griffen should absolutely destroy him. No slight on Nicholson, Griffen has just been in ripping form, probably second only to the little master himself over the past few weeks.

Griffen will probably smash us no matter what. I've been mulling all week whether to put him as SuperCoach captain but I stuck with Gazza in the end.

Skills look alright when there's no defensive pressure.

This isn't all about the skills. This is purely the game plan. Under Neeld this was all the criss cross, switch, no corridor policy which was just one great big cluster**** watching it, even at training.

This is so much more simpler and it suits us.

s**t the game had it all. The Clint Bartram pass to an umpire, along with the Griffen dribble from the boundary with 30 on the clock, and the Scully 18 touch last quarter. Oh and who could forget Danny Hughes slotting through a couple, yes Danny Hughes. Think Bennell took MOTW, and GOTW as well.

Ahh I remember that game well. My mate left the game swearing under his breath with about 5 minutes to go. I managed to sneak into the medalion club to watch the last quarter. When Griffen kicked that goal I had a random supporter jump on my back and I ran up and down the wing screaming haha.

We owed you one though. I still have bad memories of Jeff White kicking that goal from outside 50 in 2005 and pretty much ending our finals hopes.

As for the weekends game. Will probably get scrappy. Think we'll win the midfield battle and probably win the game from there.

Do you have an iPad mate? If you can get Wi-Fi access the AFL Live Tv app gives you a pretty good live stream of every AFL match (via Telstra) for $15 a month.
Do you have to have Telstra as your carrier though to use it?
Otherwise, 15 bucks for one month for one game is probably worth it. Need to watch this game, I've been having nightmares about missing it for 3 nights in a row now

Do you have to have Telstra as your carrier though to use it?
Otherwise, 15 bucks for one month for one game is probably worth it. Need to watch this game, I've been having nightmares about missing it for 3 nights in a row now

No can be on wifi or any other network

I am with VOdafone and use 3g+ with it and it works ok. Well worth it imo

Am worried about this game.. I can only see us winning by a couple for some reason.. If it was Etihad I would be confident, I jsut dont like playing the Dees at the G :s

Ahh I remember that game well. My mate left the game swearing under his breath with about 5 minutes to go. I managed to sneak into the medalion club to watch the last quarter. When Griffen kicked that goal I had a random supporter jump on my back and I ran up and down the wing screaming haha.

We owed you one though. I still have bad memories of Jeff White kicking that goal from outside 50 in 2005 and pretty much ending our finals hopes.

As for the weekends game. Will probably get scrappy. Think we'll win the midfield battle and probably win the game from there.

The Medallion Club,do you mean the mcc? the game was at the mcg, unless there is some medallion club at the g I don't know of.
As for revenge from 05, considering we haven't beaten you since 07 and the fact that half the season has gone and we have only 1 win. I am not sure that this is the loss we owe you.(I would not be devastated if we lose) Maybe in a couple of years when we are pushing for finals and the bulldogs knock us out then I would consider that payback. :p
BTW 05 was revenge for round 4 1997 when Melbourne were umpired out of the match and Luke Darcy was gifted a goal late. The umpire retired the next week as well which made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back