Game Day Melbourne vs Fremantle - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s as bad a Saturday afternoon as we could’ve had.
Lose Hogan to what looks like serious injury. Lose Hill to soft tissue.

Then the actual game. Close but just couldn’t get a few goals up to control it.

Finally, the commentators.

A few too many passengers cost us today -
Tucker below his best (poor disposal) but did get involved.
Langdon works hard but simply cannot execute with ball in hand.
Wilson, Cox, Hill (before injury), Bewley, Mundy, Hughes, Duman all had little to no impact, some played stinkers while others probably just miss the pass mark. Thats 9 guys playing below the required level, + Hogan injured, left too much to too few.

Strong effort all game. Our playing list - especially when being played out of a position across the ground, doesn't have the connection and synergy to compensate two key players for an entire half of football. Would of been one of the mammoth wins of the season, but that's why we lost. You can't win these games.

Cox was terrible again.
I thought Darcy did quite well and never gave up.
BHill must have two hearts and four lungs. He was brilliant.
Too many times the ball was sent to Walters when another player was better placed. Was beginning to remind me of the Pavlich days.
Good job Ryan, Logue and co were on form.
Bewely is trying to hard I reckon but should keep his place.
All in all not a bad result when you consider the injuries to the usual players.
Doesn’t bode to well for Hogan and Hills future playing days.
Maters was on form today and Tucker was out of form today.
Switso was kinda of but tried.
Missed a few but like I said, not a bad result and we should get a look at Harley next week you would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always tough to win with two injured players. We’re turning a corner, we will have bad days like this. Time to tune up against Carlton and then please please please can we just beat the toast once

Some tired boys out there and the ones who usually lift for us in these situations didn’t really do so imo. Bewley and Tucker were garbage and would like to see them dropped next week.

More depressed about the SHill, Hogan and Wilson injuries tbh. Where’s the poster that called me an idiot for saying our medical team weren’t up to scratch? It’s clear Hogan was proppy from the first bounce, shouldn’t have been out there. Shill was so underdone it’s not funny.

Onto the next guys and gals. Hopefully there will be some good performances at Peel today!
Stephen Hill injured? Seriously? I’m done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back