Melbourne - What am I missing?

Remove this Banner Ad

I live an hour from Melbourne, on the coast. Best of both worlds. Melbourne is only an hour away, go up regularly for social or sporting things, but don't have to put up with the bullshit. It's a great city, especially when you live an hour from it on the coast.

And what's this no beaches garbage? Bells is 15 minutes from me and the whole of this coastline has fantastic beaches. Because you don't have a beach on Collins st there's no beaches?

And what's this no beaches garbage? Bells is 15 minutes from me and the whole of this coastline has fantastic beaches. Because you don't have a beach on Collins st there's no beaches?

Regardless of GOR/bells, etc- who cares. Some sand, some water. That's all a beach is, as long as there's no rubbish floating around in it (hello Altona im looking in your direction) a beach is a beach.

I live an hour from Melbourne, on the coast. Best of both worlds. Melbourne is only an hour away, go up regularly for social or sporting things, but don't have to put up with the bullshit. It's a great city, especially when you live an hour from it on the coast.

Yeah I don't think you can count Bells or the surf coast as part of Melbourne.

I honestly think beaches are ******* over rated.

People complain about the rocky beach in the UK but I prefer them. Harder to get hundreds of rocks stuck in your crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surf Coast Shire isn't Melbourne.

Regardless of GOR/bells, etc- who cares. Some sand, some water. That's all a beach is, as long as there's no rubbish floating around in it (hello Altona im looking in your direction) a beach is a beach.

Went to St Kilda Beach on a really hot and crowded day years ago. Couldn't ******* believe how much rubbish was around.

Haha lionaround.

(Australian drivers are among the worst in the world generally - impatient, pushing in, indicators etc)
Really think the trouble is more like Texting and Ice/Drug use to be honest. I mean only yesterday and today I saw two HORRENDOUE Accidents. Station Street Chelsea yesterday two cars stationary minding their own business when a Feral looking guy with woman next to him just absolutely slammed up the a^se of a the car in front at high speed with such force it caved his Ford falcon in and The poor girl in front had a Nissan and the front was all that was left and it was pushed up to hit the car in front of that. I mean FFS you cant slow down and go round the inside or pull up slowly. Then today on the Peninsula link a smallish truck ran up the back of a Jims carpet cleaning van, So bad only the front was left. And the cab of the truck was ruined caved in and if the driver didn't die I'm guessing he wished he was dead. I must also mention this morn a guy on a Harley tried to show off in Parkdale and nearly lost it in the main street. All of these things I saw while on a bicycle. It just makes me shake my head. Place is full of F^cken idiots, and you can be minding your own business and be injured or dead the next.:mad:

Last edited:

My father is very very sick with heart trouble and desperately needs surgery, and is blind in one eye now. God forbid he goes in the short to longer term I will defiantly be looking at moving at least an hour out of town.
Been doing so for a while I'm not at all fussed as weather it is by the sea or not. Wouldn't bother me to be honest.

Really think the trouble is more like Texting and Ice/Drug use to be honest. I mean only yesterday and today I saw two HORRENDOUE Accidents. Station Street Chelsea yesterday two cars stationary minding their own business when a Feral looking guy with woman next to him just absolutely slammed up the a^se of a the car in front at high speed with such force it caved his Ford falcon in and The poor girl in front had a Nissan and the front was all that was left and it was pushed up to hit the car in front of that. I mean FFS you cant slow down and go round the inside or pull up slowly. Then today on the Peninsula link a smallish truck ran up the back of a Jims carpet cleaning van, So bad only the front was left. And the cab of the truck was ruined caved in and if the driver didn't die I'm guessing he wished he was dead. I must also mention this morn a guy on a Harley tried to show off in Parkdale and nearly lost it in the main street. All of these things I saw while on a bicycle. It just makes me shake my head. Place is full of F^cken idiots, and you can be minding your own business and be injured or dead the next.:mad:
It's been a problem for years before ice and texting were ever really a problem. Australians have no idea how to merge properly, far too many people tailgate and nobody has any idea what the right lane is actually for, they sit in it for kilometres and it totally *s the traffic flow.

As a nation we're a bunch of woeful drivers.

the heck..

theres definite accents in SA and WA

This.

VIC/NSW/QLD have the same accent.

WA has its own subtle difference which is the most recognisable.

SA is even more subtle but definately there when listening for it.

I can definitely tell if a person is from Perth or Adelaide after talking to them.

Whilst I agree South Australians have a more high brow accent than the rest, the Victorian accent is also different to the rest of Australia and very distinguishable. Their confusion in the usage and pronunciation of the letters A and E in a lot of words is a huge give away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back