Melbournes Balance of inside/outside players

Remove this Banner Ad

For the purpose of the exercise i have removed all rucks and KP players plus duds like bate
i just worry that our list is balanced far too heavily on outside players and its maybe why we have been accused of being 'bruise free' and downhill skiers, because when the going gets tough i dont think we have enough blokes who can go in an win the hard footy

GENUINE OUTSIDE TYPES
Brad Green
Addam Maric
Cale Morton
Johnston, Cameron
Lawrence, Kelvin
Nicholson, Daniel
Rohan Bail
Jamie Bennell
Sam Blease
Liam Jurrah
James Strauss
Aaron Davey

BOTH
Tom Scully
Colin Sylvia
Austin Wonaeamirri
Evans, Michael
Neville Jetta
Jack Grimes
Ricky Petterd
Lynden Dunn

GENUINE INSIDE TYPES

Clint Bartram
Nathan Jones
Jordan McKenzie
Brent Moloney
Luke Tapscott
Jordan Gysberts
Jack Trengove

you could easily argue to swap a couple ie scully into the inside group and sylvia, but i believe both have been used just as much 'outside'

i think our midfield group is lacking a luke ball type or two
at last count 8 genuine outside players werent in our best 22 and i think we may have over recruited in this department
95447500-1FB6-43DC-AA64-D99257B25C73.gif

Addam Maric was the Russell Coight of Outside Types TM.

I love how Bate didn't make any of the lists because he's a dud, yet Kelvin Lawrence managed to get through the sorting hat.

We should re-rookie him.

As for outside players with elite footskills, look no further than Blease.

At the moment he is struggling after his broken leg, but have a bit of faith in the kid.

He will be a weapon if he comes good.

Col Sylvia will become a more outside oriented player as the Trengove's, Gysberts' and Scully's develop IMO. He also has elite footskills.

😮

* what you wouldn't give for a Colin Sylvia in the team about now... gone too soon RIP Big Col

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** what you wouldn't give for a Colin Sylvia in the team about now... gone too soon RIP Big Col

Not sure bringing another inconsistent mid/forward into the side would change much.

Big muscular arms, and 40 n 4 every time we play Richmond? :$

Really enjoys a good loss too, so would definitely cheer the current side up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back