Melbourne's Best 22 by tiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
How do you guys break down the starting 22? Make as many tiers as you see fit! I've broken the starting 22 down into the order that I would least like to lose for any given game. So this takes into account the depth we have to cover that player etc. I'm open to criticism! But make it constructive and tell me who a certain player replaces. Being placed in a lower tier doesn't mean I think they are bad, it's all relative. After all, we are PREMIERS!

Tier 1
1. Oliver
2. Petracca
3. Gawn: It seems silly to have him at 3. But with such an accomplished 2nd ruck in Jackson, he comes in at 3 for me.
4. May
5. Lever

Tier 2
6. Fritsch: Unlucky not to be in Tier 1.
7. Salem
8. Langdon
9. Viney

Tier 3
10. Ben Brown: I've put him just above Jackson because we aren't spoilt for choice up forward.
11. Jackson: If he can add goal kicking to his resume then Tier 2 is just around the corner. He misses out on Tier 2 because if he went down, Gawn could solo ruck.
12. Pickett
13. Petty

Tier 4
14. Harmes
15. Neale-bullen
16. Sparrow: Finals form was fantastic. Number 16 in a GF list is nothing to be sneezed at.
17. Rivers
18. Brayshaw: Most people would have him higher but his ball use for me put him about here for me.
19. Spargo
20. T.Mcdonald
21. Bowey: He could sky rocket very soon.
22. Hibberd: Stoked that he signed for another year. A very accountable defender. I'll be happy if he just gets nursed through the season for hopefully another flag tilt.

This is a but odd but I'll roll with it. Not entirely sure how you've worked out the tiers, but no way Jackson is a tier 3. He'd be ahead of Viney for sure..Salem should be tier 1 as well. Elite player now. I'd make an argument for Langdon for tier 1 also. Arguably the 2nd best wingman in the league. ANB I think was ranked the best pressure forward player in the comp. So he's higher than tier 4 imo too.

This is a but odd but I'll roll with it. Not entirely sure how you've worked out the tiers, but no way Jackson is a tier 3. He'd be ahead of Viney for sure..Salem should be tier 1 as well. Elite player now. I'd make an argument for Langdon for tier 1 also. Arguably the 2nd best wingman in the league. ANB I think was ranked the best pressure forward player in the comp. So he's higher than tier 4 imo too.

I think because Jackson doesn't offer anything forward. He is a pure ruckman. So if Jackson ever went down, he'd be easily covered with Gawn being solo ruck.

I think because Jackson doesn't offer anything forward. He is a pure ruckman. So if Jackson ever went down, he'd be easily covered with Gawn being solo ruck.
Don't agree. 16 goals is a decent effort for a ruckman. Especially a 2nd year one. He offers plenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back