Society/Culture Melbourne's Streets

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: the article itself it's quite refreshing to see. It's a very rare occurrence in our loony far left media. For example in Melbourne over the weekend a young Australian male while staying with his brother went out to investigate some noise involving a car only to be belted over the head with a bottle. He is now fighting for his life. The Hearld-Sun to their credit have foregone political correctness and say the police are looking for "four dark skinned individuals[/FONT]

Aw, s**t man, I saw those guys this morning!

Re: the article itself it's quite refreshing to see. It's a very rare occurrence in our loony far left media. For example in Melbourne over the weekend a young Australian male while staying with his brother went out to investigate some noise involving a car only to be belted over the head with a bottle. He is now fighting for his life. The Hearld-Sun to their credit have foregone political correctness and say the police are looking for "four dark skinned individuals"

Back to the article I found this the most jarring passage of the times we find ourselves in thanks to the Federal government
"
Aged 16 to 19, of Samoan and Maori extraction, they make a corridor of threat at the station entrance and it's all for fun. When a train arrives, they smile broadly as the commuters hurry past, tight-faced and looking straight ahead.
One of the boys says he's on a court order to stay away from the station because of assaults he's carried out in the past. Another talks of ''so many stabbings'' he's done and now regrets.
The boys laugh, make noises. They tell me they won't attack the man if he comes down, but they want to keep him scared.
They say that later in the evening, a Sudanese gang will turn up and take over the scene. ''They're worse than us.''"

In that case I see criminals every day - "white male Caucasian of average height and build."

Saintsland, take note of what TheBloods has written. Crime comes in ALL SHADES and ALL FORMS. Not just black. Not just white. Not just yellow.

As for reporting the race of the perpetrators in the media - if it helps identify them and make an arrest more likely, then I'm for it. If it's done to single out and villify EVERYONE of that particular shade of skin for a few 'bad eggs' then I'm dead against it.

There's always been parts of Melbourne you wouldn't go to.

And while some parts have gotten worse, some parts have definitely improved.

Last time I was home (middle of last year) I was amazed at how Russell Street between Bourke and Lonsdale is now pretty much like a normal city street. Anyone remember it in the 90s when it was an open air heroin market with all that entailed?

Saintsland, take note of what TheBloods has written. Crime comes in ALL SHADES and ALL FORMS. Not just black. Not just white. Not just yellow.

As for reporting the race of the perpetrators in the media - if it helps identify them and make an arrest more likely, then I'm for it. If it's done to single out and villify EVERYONE of that particular shade of skin for a few 'bad eggs' then I'm dead against it.
Yes, except that this is the approach the Federal government want you to have. That basically all is well and that k-krudd's & Julia Batshit's refugee/immigration policy is working a treat. Nothing to worry about. Just keep voting 1-K.Krudd. Personally I don't believe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back