Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

fleabitten, seems like less news on this over the last week, any noticeable distance on the ground?

There actually does seem to be fewer large groups gathering in the usual places (werribee plaza, tarneit central, etc). None that I've seen lately, in fact. Haven't seen any obnoxious and intimidating smaller groups either. A lot of people ready to offer a smile though. Was at Tarneit Central yesterday and there was a really nice friendly vibe there, from people of all ethnicities. Maybe a sign that people feel like their concerns have been heard and something is being done, and some of the kids who are not serious trouble (but maybe sometimes acting a bit loutish) pulling their heads in. We'll see, I guess.

There actually does seem to be fewer large groups gathering in the usual places (werribee plaza, tarneit central, etc). None that I've seen lately, in fact. Haven't seen any obnoxious and intimidating smaller groups either. A lot of people ready to offer a smile though. Was at Tarneit Central yesterday and there was a really nice friendly vibe there, from people of all ethnicities. Maybe a sign that people feel like their concerns have been heard and something is being done, and some of the kids who are not serious trouble (but maybe sometimes acting a bit loutish) pulling their heads in. We'll see, I guess.
Good to hear, perhaps a good example of how having an honest debate, avoiding PC, bringing the truth to the open may be a difficult conversation but it’s the way of resolving an issue. Hope it keeps getting better for you mate.

Good to hear, perhaps a good example of how having an honest debate, avoiding PC, bringing the truth to the open may be a difficult conversation but it’s the way of resolving an issue. Hope it keeps getting better for you mate.

I haven't had any trouble myself (other than annoyance at anti-social behaviour), my main concern has been the safety of my daughters. My 15 year old especially is out with friends a lot and it can be worrying when I hear of kids being mugged in areas where she hangs out or brawls kicking off near where she waits for a bus. But yeah, hopefully things are on the improve.

They were the kids that went on the spree last weekend.

And if you watched the ABC news tonight, you will have learn't that most of the kids who caused the kerfuffle on both the St.Kilda beach fore-shore & the street in Werribee, where rocks were thrown at police, actually comprised kids from visiting basketball teams from Sydney.
This has been found out to be false. Feel Daniel may have been telling porkies to try and minimise the poor reflection on Victoria.

27332713_473902666361364_7729619987200995516_n.jpg

The Sudanese have a significant 15 to 24 age demographic in relation to the rest of the population.

This inevitably impacts upon crime stats in combination with the obvious cultural pressures.

Obviously I don't think there is, but I am interested in people who actually think African gangs exist. If so, what ties them together as being an 'African gang'?

You might say their descent, but aren't we all from Africa originally? It's basically one kind of African accusing the other of being violent. This kind of hatred also exists amongst people living in Africa, where darker Africans have been villified by lighter Africans historically.

There is also no mention or thought of Northern Africans such as Egyptians or white Africans from Dutch heritage when discussing African gangs. It seems to mean just dark skinned people.

Also, mere descent or biology isn't any kind of reason for gang violence, unless you want to argue that Africans are simply genetically predisposed to organising in gangs and carjackings, etc etc, and that's obviously an extreme view. Religion such as Islam, or political affiliation i.e. extreme left or right, upbringing, social strata, etc, can be identified as temporary conditions under which someone may be more prone to street crime.

I'd argue African gangs don't really exist, and we should call this a wave of violence instead. Their genes have nothing to do with it.

Yes, you obviously don't think there is.
But it is very nice of you to make a thread about it, and give the talking points for those who do.

Obviously I don't think there is, but I am interested in people who actually think African gangs exist. If so, what ties them together as being an 'African gang'?

You might say their descent, but aren't we all from Africa originally? It's basically one kind of African accusing the other of being violent. This kind of hatred also exists amongst people living in Africa, where darker Africans have been villified by lighter Africans historically.

There is also no mention or thought of Northern Africans such as Egyptians or white Africans from Dutch heritage when discussing African gangs. It seems to mean just dark skinned people.

Also, mere descent or biology isn't any kind of reason for gang violence, unless you want to argue that Africans are simply genetically predisposed to organising in gangs and carjackings, etc etc, and that's obviously an extreme view. Religion such as Islam, or political affiliation i.e. extreme left or right, upbringing, social strata, etc, can be identified as temporary conditions under which someone may be more prone to street crime.

I'd argue African gangs don't really exist, and we should call this a wave of violence instead. Their genes have nothing to do with it.
Not an African gang at all.
They are a gang of Africans.

What a really silly thread (being nice there.....)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we can now all resume going to restaurants.;)

New official crime figures show Victoria is safer than it has been at any time for the past 10 years.

The Bureau of Statistics count of recorded crime across all states shows just 75,860 offenders in 2016-17, down from a high of 87,695 under the Baillieu government in 2012-13 and the fourth successive annual fall.

http://bit.ly/2FZwAeN

Uh oh...

BLACK AFRICAN ETHNIC IMMIGRATION GANG OF ONE INFILTRATES THE LIBERAL PARTY*
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/senator-lucy-gichuhi-defects-to-turnbull-government

Independent senator Lucy Gichuhi has defected to join the Liberal Party.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull confirmed the news with Senator Gichuhi on his Twitter account with a video.

In the video, Mr Turnbull told Kenyan-born Senator Gichuhi: "Lucy, your life story is an inspiration - of enterprise and hard work, passion, freedom. And your values are so Liberal."

"Yes, I didn't discover that until I did my maiden speech and I thought, 'Wow - I can't believe how Liberal I am at the core'," she responded...

...Senator Gichuhi made history last year when she became the first person of black African descent to serve in the Australian Parliament.

She was born in a small Kenyan village and went on to study commerce at the University of Nairobi before relocating to Adelaide with her family in 1999.

Senator Gichuhi studied law and was working as a lawyer at the Women's Legal Service when an opportunity came to enter politics.

In 2016, Senator Gichuhi took an internship in Canberra with then-Family First senator Bob Day.

She ran as the only other name on the Family First ticket in the July 2016 election and when Mr Day resigned the following November, following a recount, she was elected.

In April last year, Family First merged with Cory Bernardi's Australian Conservatives and Senator Gichuhi chose to continue as an independent senator.

*I may have made up that headline. I think Lucy Gichuhi is real though.

Uh oh...

*I may have made up that headline. I think Lucy Gichuhi is real though.

Yeah....They aired a story about her, & her family background a couple of weeks ago on SBS.....Even went back to her African village with her.....One of Mal's 'advisors' must have seen it & thought...."Oh, hang on....Now here's an opportunity."

I can't remember the last time I heard about a crime involving Asian gangs, unless we count the Chinese bastards who keep buying up all the baby formula and sending it home. I keep having to tour supermarkets to find our brand when it's time to restock. Annoying. I might start that thread.
Open a business on Victoria street Richmond and you will quickly get introduced to a few

The problem is not where the people com e from..it's the majority of the generation itself.

From hooning, to brawls to burglaries and other such actions. Most people under 25 disregard authority..be it their parents, police or anyone else.
when they don't get punished what do you expect?

Can't smack a kid or yell at them too loudly. what do you expect will happen if there is no consequences of being a *****?

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...a/news-story/db37465d0eb16e03760be826da8d8e18

IF YOU’VE picked up a newspaper in Victoria in the past 12 months, chances are you’ve read your share of crime stories.

Today alone you can read about a carjacking in Donvale, a milk bar robbery in West Footscray or a man left beaten and unconscious on tram tracks in Prahran. Then there’s the African gangs.

Even Victoria’s state election in November will be won and lost on who can convince the electorate they’ll combat the crims.

You’d be forgiven for thinking crime in Victoria is soaring when, in fact, the opposite is true.

New data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics shows Victoria has the second lowest rate of offending, trailing only the ACT. In Victoria, there were 75,860 offenders proceeded against by police in 2016-17, or 1392 per 100,000 persons. The rate in the ACT is 784 offenders per 100,000 persons.

That doesn't paint a clearer picture, it just tells us what many of us already know - Vic police are not recording all offenses. Surprise surprise.
Sure, that's what it says. Can't possibly be that crime is going down, no way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back