Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, it goes both ways. I was born here and still asked “where I’m from”.
When you’re a teenager trying to fit in, that s**t matters.
Understandable that that would give you the sh!ts. Would a question along the lines of "What's your heritage?" have been as annoying? As a teen, probably.

Funnily enough, so do I. I was born with an odd accent and it became less "aussie" sounding the more I traveled. Even as a kid though, people would often ask where I was from. "Here. I'm just a weird kid who talks funny."

Ha... I wonder how you developed that accent. I hear kids sometimes adopting American accents but put that down to too much tv.

Remember years ago my brother and his then partner getting pulled up by some cops in Adelaide when they were walking through the Mall late one night. Cops just being cops and asking them what they were doing out so late (she lived off Gawler Pce at the time... so they were going home) and then one of their questions to her was 'where are you from?'

'What do you mean?'
'Where were you born?'
'I was born in Keith (small rural town 220km from Adelaide)- What has that got to do with anything?'
'Where were your parents born?'
'My mum is from Korea, if that's what you are on about - how is that relevant?'

They were both pretty annoyed that they got hassled for no reason in the first place, and then for the cops to actually ask someone with a non-anglo face 'where are you from/born' is pretty damn well disrespectful and amazingly ignorant of how a lifetime of that questioning can impact someone

That’s ridiculous.

I’ll freely admit as a teen I felt less “Australian”. the occasional primary school comments “go back to where you came from”..... (eh? I was born here)... and “where are you from?” really reinforces ones non-Anglo background, and at those impressionable ages I can see why they might want to identify more as from their parents country.

can someone answer me this: everytime I watch tv and read the paper there is always crime involving Africans, carjackings,home invasions, jewellery robberies riots etcs now my question is: are the majority of crimes committed by Africans or media just doesn't show crimes committed by white people?

can someone answer me this: everytime I watch tv and read the paper there is always crime involving Africans, carjackings,home invasions, jewellery robberies riots etcs now my question is: are the majority of crimes committed by Africans or media just doesn't show crimes committed by white people?
The stats show the media is orchestrating a moral panic.

They only commit a minority of crime but commit crime at a rate far in excess of their presence in the population and the police/judges continually let them off softly. If the left stopped making excuses, courts would give them proper sentences and those who aren't citizens were deported as easily as they deport white foreign criminals, it wouldn't get any where near as much attention.

They only commit a minority of crime but commit crime at a rate far in excess of their presence in the population and the police/judges continually let them off softly. If the left stopped making excuses, courts would give them proper sentences and those who aren't citizens were deported as easily as they deport white foreign criminals, it wouldn't get any where near as much attention.
They are genuine refugees so it is hard to deport them as you could be sending them to their deaths. It is a complicated subject and using language like you just have does not help the cause at all. How about we find a solution instead of throwing out left, right, etc for the blame. It's people like you who make everything difficult.

They are genuine refugees so it is hard to deport them as you could be sending them to their deaths.

Surely they are the ones who should be considering that fact before they decide to s**t all over their new country? There are heaps of refugees (Sudanese and otherwise) who would give anything for the chance to live here and would bust their arses to make a good go of it if they were fortunate enough to get in. These dropkicks have done nothing to deserve their 3rd, 4th, 5th chances to be decent citizens here.

Surely they are the ones who should be considering that fact before they decide to s**t all over their new country? There are heaps of refugees (Sudanese and otherwise) who would give anything for the chance to live here and would bust their arses to make a good go of it if they were fortunate enough to get in. These dropkicks have done nothing to deserve their 3rd, 4th, 5th chances to be decent citizens here.
Yeah... no. There are massive differences that they have to overcome, hence why some struggle. It's our fault a lot of the time.

The stats show the media is orchestrating a moral panic.
soooo,the media is racist and obviously run by racists to let it happen and this would be occurring to sell papers? why would they want panic in the streets? surely they are just reporting the facts, I don't hear of that many white home invaders or white car jackers and very rarely seen white people smashing up jewellery stores seems like an imported thing to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soooo,the media is racist and obviously run by racists to let it happen and this would be occurring to sell papers? why would they want panic in the streets? surely they are just reporting the facts, I don't hear of that many white home invaders or white car jackers and very rarely seen white people smashing up jewellery stores seems like an imported thing to me.
The media knows that easily scared idiots will buy papers, click on stories and watch segments.

Yeah... no. There are massive differences that they have to overcome, hence why some struggle. It's our fault a lot of the time.
cant let this one go surely you are joking or being sarcastic I would think where they come from they struggle with starvation poverty being killed and crime and the only thing they struggle with over here is getting to centrelink which drugs to take and which gang to join

cant let this one go surely you are joking or being sarcastic I would think where they come from they struggle with starvation poverty being killed and crime and the only thing they struggle with over here is getting to centrelink which drugs to take and which gang to join
Why do you rural types insist on thinking you know something outside your very small box?

The Sudanese wouldn't need to be over here to begin with, were it not for Western oil interests dividing their country into a civil war, in order to requisition their oil reserves for themselves.....Because that's precisely what's been happening over there these past 15 years amigo.

As for the rest of your HUN inspired, drip-fed, manufactured consent, stereotypical racist bollocks.....The less said the better.

It wasn't the west that divided the country. Chevron would have preferred it to remain stable when they went in there in the 70s (at the invitation of Khartoum). The government hoped they would find oil in the north, but it was in the south, so Khartoum armed Arab peasants and turned them on the South Sudanese, trying to push them out of the oil rich areas. Most western oil companies gave up there ages ago.

For the last 15 years, most of South Sudan's oil has gone to China.

I caught the train today and sat directly opposite a couple of Sudanese chaps.

Somehow, I got out of there with my life, amazing given how they are all the same.....apparently.

I reckon there's a fair bet that you've done your share of stereotyping in the past.
The difference is that I don't go around telling everyone I am a goody tooshoes and am morally superior like KV does

It wasn't the west that divided the country. Chevron would have preferred it to remain stable when they went in there in the 70s (at the invitation of Khartoum). The government hoped they would find oil in the north, but it was in the south, so Khartoum armed Arab peasants and turned them on the South Sudanese, trying to push them out of the oil rich areas. Most western oil companies gave up there ages ago.
For the last 15 years, most of South Sudan's oil has gone to China.

Oh?.....Really?

Dear oh Dear.

There is conflict all along the sub saharan divide in Africa between Christians and Muslims.

Yet apparently its OUR fault. May as well blame Australia for outbreaks of Ebola

I caught the train today and sat directly opposite a couple of Sudanese chaps.

Somehow, I got out of there with my life, amazing given how they are all the same.....apparently.

Some escaped from Treblinka => Treblinka was safe

#statsfail

Dear oh Dear.

There is conflict all along the sub saharan divide in Africa between Christians and Muslims.

Yet apparently its OUR fault. May as well blame Australia for outbreaks of Ebola

Some escaped from Treblinka => Treblinka was safe

#statsfail
Yet another topic you have no clue about, whats that now, 1000000?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back