Game Day Melt Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone mentioned we have missed melt day.

How about we take it in turns to name the team (like the old game preview thread), with reasoning for selections and everyone can melt at them.

We could nominate for games to be the 'Hinkley'. Results from the fe games can be used in the determining for the week after?

Too complicated or a fun idea?

Opponent - Member selecting

eg.
Showdown - Chiwigi

Rozee-Hayes-Butters
Powell-Pepper - Marshall - Westhoff
Duursma - Ebert - Amon
Hartlett -Clurey - Byrne-Jones
Burton - Jonas - Garner

Foll: Lycett, Boak, Houston

Bench: McKenzie, Motlop, Georgiadas, Farrell

Dixon is injured, so I'm blooding a young tall who can also pinch hit and just in case Lycett goes down.

Westhoff at half forward gives Marshall a little height support and his tank is there.

McKenzie, stiff but benched.

No Rockliff. Not worth the hassle.

Bonner - jeez.

Last edited:

Showdown - Chiwigi

Powell-Pepper - Marshall - Westhoff
Duursma - Ebert - Amon
Hartlett -Clurey - Byrne-Jones
Burton - Jonas - Garner

Foll: Lycett, Boak, Houston
We're supposed to melt over your team right?

So then this is easy.
Showdown...
Ctrl+F "Robbie Gray"... No Results Found.

I didn't think anyone could make Ken Hinkley's selections look competent but you've done it. :p

We're supposed to melt over your team right?

So then this is easy.
Showdown...
Ctrl+F "Robbie Gray"... No Results Found.

I didn't think anyone could make Ken Hinkley's selections look competent but you've done it. :p
Look, I considered Robbie, but believe getting games into the youngsters was more important.
He wont be a part of our next premiership team and needs a rest to ensure he is up for the more difficult games this season.

Look, I considered Robbie, but believe getting games into the youngsters was more important.
He wont be a part of our next premiership team and needs a rest to ensure he is up for the more difficult games this season.
OIP.jpg
Yeah, nah. Robbie's in. So is Rockliff. If Hayes is in we don't need Westhoff. Not sold on Farrell yet, he'll get his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean Toby "three goals in a winning GF" Thurstans??? And you leave T-Shirt Tommy out of this.

I can see i'm going to enjoy this thread :p
Ah. Great, now you've taken game melt day and added arguably the single biggest missed trade opportunity (unless a 1st for Lobbe is in contention) to it. * you :mad:

You mean Toby "three goals in a winning GF" Thurstans??? And you leave T-Shirt Tommy out of this.

I can see i'm going to enjoy this thread :p

Thurstans was ok as a third forward, as a backman I’d regularly find myself inserting my lukewarm Whickerdog into my furious anus.

Westhoff is a recent BnF.
I won't drop him, he offers the versatility someone like Gray can't.
Agree, but we only need Westhoff's versatility because we never select the right team in the first place. Gray up forward lifts the team and stresses opponents. Just like Rockliff and Boak in the middle. And anyway, both Hayes and Marshall can cover elsewhere if needed.

He was one of those guys you kept willing to be better than he actually was.

There was a whole generation of Western Australian players who could find a shitload of footy and run all day but just weren’t very good: Cale Morton, Liam Anthony, Bradd Dalziell, Rhys Palmer, Kane Mitchell.

Matt Priddis well and truly crashed through to break that streak, as maligned as he was.

fu** Ken and his midget forward line. Why the hell did he drop our only KPF in Butcher.

My lifelong dream is see how 2014 pans out with a settled-in John Butcher riding shotgun with Jay Schulz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back