Media Meltin' with Elton - Melt of the Year Award

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
At the heart of the SFA is banter. We love it, we really do. It is the foundation, the bedrock, the very heart of what this whole shebang is all about.

Most of the time, we have a lot of fun. Yes, there's been a few storylines lately that have caused some angst, but generally it's pretty good.

But sometimes, people redline. Sometimes, the tone of words are misinterpreted. Sometimes you just keep poking people with a stick until they lose the plot.

This is what is known far and wide, as a melt. There are some people that are very good at it, known for it. Hello SM and Frankston Rover how are you? I expect to hear from you in the coming weeks.

So, after what was occuring in our match thread I thought, you know what, we should really reward and recognise those that wilt under heat.

So without further ado, plese welcome your first nominee, sportsmaniac89

Congratulations on completely misinterpreting my post to U2t.

You sir have just made a dickhead of yourself.

What I said was that I felt that particular attempt at bringing out a bit of fire seemed forced. I didn't say that his posting was forced at all. The fact that you interpreted it that way says you don't read posts.

Humour, you know what, I'm not particularly good at that and guess what, I think that's because of how I am as a person. Now given you know s**t about me as a person, which might explain that, you can get ******.

Now, good people of the SFA, I am relying on YOU to help with this award. I can't be in every match thread at once, and nor do I want to be.

I need you, when we get a live one on the hook, to let me know. Nominate your fellow players. Goad them into exploding. Fish with the best bait you can afford. I WANT MELTS GODDAMMIT!!

Some rules to encourage you.

1. If you are nominated, stiff s**t, you're in.
2. EJW is the sole judge for the weekly award. You can sway me, bribe me, abuse me. All or none of these may work. But at the end of the day, the weekly nom is mine to judge.
3. The yearly winner will be decided by poll
4. As the creator of the award, I am ineligible. It's not fair, but them's the rules.
5. If you successfully nominate a round, and I like it, you may be also deemed ineligible, getting protection and a free pass.

Once again, congrats to sportsmaniac89 on your nomination

At the heart of the SFA is banter. We love it, we really do. It is the foundation, the bedrock, the very heart of what this whole shebang is all about.

Most of the time, we have a lot of fun. Yes, there's been a few storylines lately that have caused some angst, but generally it's pretty good.

But sometimes, people redline. Sometimes, the tone of words are misinterpreted. Sometimes you just keep poking people with a stick until they lose the plot.

This is what is known far and wide, as a melt. There are some people that are very good at it, known for it. Hello SM and Frankston Rover how are you? I expect to hear from you in the coming weeks.

So, after what was occuring in our match thread I thought, you know what, we should really reward and recognise those that wilt under heat.

Now, good people of the SFA, I am relying on YOU to help with this award. I can't be in every match thread at once, and nor do I want to be.

I need you, when we get a live one on the hook, to let me know. Nominate your fellow players. Goad them into exploding. Fish with the best bait you can afford. I WANT MELTS GODDAMMIT!!

2. EJW is the sole judge for the weekly award. You can sway me, bribe me, abuse me. All or none of these may work. But at the end of the day, the weekly nom is mine to judge.
4. As the creator of the award, I am ineligible. It's not fair, but them's the rules.
5. If you successfully nominate a round, and I like it, you may be also deemed ineligible, getting protection and a free pass.

Nice melt.

Cheers for the nomination. It’s well appreciated and well deserved so I’m all good with that :)

I still don't understand why pointing out that someone is a dick/cheat/idiot is 'melting'.

Blacky did the same thing to me when I made him and the small band of Royals who've bothered to turn up this round cry.

Good luck with the thread, Elton, ya cocksmoker.

I still don't understand why pointing out that someone is a dick/cheat/idiot is 'melting'.

Blacky did the same thing to me when I made him and the small band of Royals who've bothered to turn up this round cry.

Provide quotes for this outlandish statement please.

Elton Johns Wig surely this rates for a nomination? We all know Franga is a top 5 melter but you didn't even direct this thread at him and you've still managed to turn him into a bubbling mess.

mgllEx5.jpg

Sweet sweet irony

Elton Johns Wig surely this rates for a nomination? We all know Franga is a top 5 melter but you didn't even direct this thread at him and you've still managed to turn him into a bubbling mess.

Haha, you're as pissweak as ever, Nick. You couldn't touch me on the Bay and you're attempts on here are even worse.

Stick to sucking off STP, buddy. :) :thumbsu:

Good timing, sportsmaniac89 just been nominated for Flog Of The Year on the Bay again too, which he won last year. Could be in for a big awards season.

You failed to vanquish me.

Good timing, sportsmaniac89 just been nominated for Flog Of The Year on the Bay again too, which he won last year. Could be in for a big awards season.

I have???

Who by?

I’ve not posted there in 6 months.

Congrats mate

It’s a cute nomination.

Given I’ve not posted there in 6 months, all it shows is that I’m living rent free in some minds.

Now if the utilities were free as well, that would be great.

Back