Member Advisory Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Did anyone participate in the member advisory forum last year (they started this last year, didn't they?)? Anyone thinking of applying for this year?

I'd be interested to know how they're run.

I applied last year but missed out.
I have just been on the phone to the club, if you applied last year, and missed out, you have to resend your application.
I am in the process of doing that now.
I believe the club sent out n email last week in regards to it.I have not seen it yet.

I participated last year. The 2 sessions were at Cockburn. This year I think there'll be 3, 2 of them online.

The face-to-face sessions were really stimulating and energising - it was great to mix with keen and creative like minds and have the chance to talk to various Freo senior personnel. Sessions were well facilitated with generous sharing of info, and a lot of ground was covered re participants' views on best ways forward for the club.

Re the latter, I'll be emailing FFC for a summary of which suggestions and themes (such as 'more Freo in Freo') from 2020 are earmarked for action. Hopefully I won't be disappointed in the response as there were excellent ideas forthcoming.

I urge anyone interested, put your hand up - the Forum's a golden opportunity for input.

I have received the Email and have just sent my application in.
I hope above hope that I can get a spot this year.
I have heard only positive report from those that have been lucky enough to be selected.

I participated last year.
Thanks. How many members were involved? Were there multiple parallel sessions, or was it a single cohort? Were participants provided with an agenda / discussion points in advance, or did themes and priorities evolve from open-ended discussion?

My interest in the forums is more from an ethnographic perspective than from wanting to have my say. Having said that, if you fancied sketching out the key "take-aways" from last year's forums, I'd be interested to hear them.

Thanks. How many members were involved? Were there multiple parallel sessions, or was it a single cohort? Were participants provided with an agenda / discussion points in advance, or did themes and priorities evolve from open-ended discussion?

My interest in the forums is more from an ethnographic perspective than from wanting to have my say. Having said that, if you fancied sketching out the key "take-aways" from last year's forums, I'd be interested to hear them.
The Forums were cut short due to the virus.I think only one session was held.
The previous poster may be able to give more info.

Ignoramus, AnchorMan: 2 Forum sessions went ahead in 2020 but the second was later than first planned because of COVID.

Around 40 members took part, with a fair representation of ages, membership length, city/country, women/men etc. We were divvied up into tables of 7-8 including a couple of Freo FC personnel on each, e.g. Simon Garlick was on mine.

We completed an online survey prior to the Forums and responses helped generate questions or opinions that each table discussed, then summarised. Facilitators sorted these into alternatives/suggestions which we voted for via our phones.

The overall theme was how to involve and engage members more - via communications & strategy, events, match day, away games and a Freo as well as Cockburn focus. A quick sample of things members thought important:
- more behind the scenes and online content content
- greater access as practicable to coaches and players
- more free activities on match day
- increased presence in Freo through occasional training, sports store, away games venue etc.

My sense is that the comms have been improved for starters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back