Member Forum: did anyone go last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

IThe last question of the night was from a member wondering if we should do something with our team song - presumably to pep it up a bit somehow. That got good-naturedly shouted down.

Have to.agree with this last part.
Was just thinking today how "down and SLOW" our anthem sounds compared to all the others,.wish there was something we could do...

Have to.agree with this last part.
Was just thinking today how "down and SLOW" our anthem sounds compared to all the others,.wish there was something we could do...
I know we are not singing it all that often recently so some have forgotten how good it sounds at full volume ... but fmd, it is still better than any expansion club with an honourable mention to the Lions

I know we are not singing it all that often recently so some have forgotten how good it sounds at full volume ... but fmd, it is still better than any expansion club with an honourable mention to the Lions
Being sung full voice with thousands of supporters you're right bit purely as a song I think its quite a way behind many of the others.
Maybe if it was jazzed up a little...
That was my thought process ( random that this post mentioned it cos just popped into my head today), but yes it is better than most of the expansion clubs, IMHO, Brisbane included

Being sung full voice with thousands of supporters you're right bit purely as a song I think its quite a way behind many of the others.
That was my thought process ( random that this post mentioned it cos just popped into my head today), but yes it is better than most of the expansion clubs, IMHO, Brisbane included
the song remains the same - the end - cue idiot numbers led zeppelin YouTube

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was meant to be an email going out to every club member- I didn’t receive one, however I found out about it from another member and I then emailed the club - and I was registered.

I reckon plenty of members just turned up on the night and as long as you had your current membership card you were able to gain entry.

Although I’m sure Logudice wished that a couple didn’t get in.

jazzed up a little?

There was meant to be an email going out to every club member- I didn’t receive one, however I found out about it from another member and I then emailed the club - and I was registered.

I reckon plenty of members just turned up on the night and as long as you had your current membership card you were able to gain entry.

I get that, but that doesn't explain how they knew how it was on. Generally don't spend my evenings wandering through PP in the off chance there's a function on.

I get that, but that doesn't explain how they knew how it was on. Generally don't spend my evenings wandering through PP in the off chance there's a function on.

No you misunderstood me.

I didn’t mean there were random members who happened to be wandering through Princes Park on the night.

I meant there were members who probably heard about the event from other members and who then turned up without registering there attendance prior.

As long as they had a valid membership card they were admitted.

Where was the notification of this? Didn't see anything on the website, nor did I get an email, despite them informing me every time a staff member has a bowel movement.

I received the email on the 10th Nov:-

368175b6-2bcd-4694-96ce-7a5533ca9f2b.jpg

Dear Aph,

Here's your chance to have your say - we want to hear from you!

As a valued member of the Carlton Football Club, we would like to invite you to join us at our 2017 Member Forum to discuss a range of member related topics that will contribute towards the ongoing development of our club.

The forum will be a standalone event held on Wednesday 29 November, with the Annual General Meeting to be held in early 2018.

Carlton President Mark LoGiudice, newly appointed CEO Cain Liddle, Chief Financial Officer Simon Kelleher, GM - Football Operations Andrew McKay, GM – Consumer and Marketing Emily Pilling, AFL Senior Coach Brendon Bolton and AFLW Senior Coach Damien Keeping will be available to answer member questions and provide an update on new initiatives.

We will also welcome the new AFL and AFLW Carlton recruits who have joined us ahead of the 2018 season.

EVENT DETAILS:

Location: Carlton Football Club, Ikon Park, Royal Parade, Carlton North
Date: Wednesday 29 November
Time: 6:00pm start
Post Event: Join us for casual drinks

Members are asked to register their attendance at the Member Forum before 5:00pm, Monday 27 November.

We hope to see you there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back