CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Member online forum is up and running.

This should be interesting.

ELUyuHMUwAEz0yA

I’m a bit dubious on this afternoon’s “event”. It smells like a management ploy to take the sting out of the next AGM fielding questions in an environment which the club controls. Combined with the timing of the profit announcement there’s a whiff of “something“ about this that has been created by a marketing/PR department.
While I have every faith in the team, the club I’m not so sure on.

What does the board consider to be an acceptable result for onfield performance in 2020?

Mark LoGiudice |
We’d like to see continual improvement for all our teams. We have invested heavily this off season in our development programs across both AFL and AFLW.

We won’t put a set number of wins on it across both our programs. What we as a board consider as acceptable in 2020 is what every Carlton person expects, we need significant on-field improvement as we strive to win premierships. We will continue to invest resources around our playing groups to give them all the best opportunity to succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if any, new business plans are intended for 2020 in support of achieving/maintaining financial viability for the club?

Cain Liddle |
We will continue to strive hard to grow our membership, commercial partnerships and crowds. Those revenue streams are the lifeblood of all football clubs and we see great opportunities for continued growth in them. Our non-traditional revenue streams of Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport both continue to grow. We anticipate growing CIB to 140 businesses in 2020 making it the biggest corporate networking program in Australian sport. It is expected that more than $50M of business will be facilitated within the CIB network in 2020. Carlton College of Sport enrollments have already doubled from 2019 and interested students can get more information by following this link.
https://carltoncollegeofsport.com.au/

Can we expect more open training's on weekends when members aren't at work?

Brad Lloyd | That’s a fair question. We want as many fans at training as possible as it really gives the boys a lift, so we always try to make the most convenient training time of the week is available to our members so you can come and watch.

The reality at the moment is that at this stage during pre-season, there is no on-field sessions during weekends which is why we have not had the option of inviting members down during these days. It is a challenge that we are always trying to find a way to work around and certainly appreciate every member who makes the effort to come down and watch us during the week.

My take on the SOS/Liddle situation after reading between the lines on their responses.

1. The conflict of interest excuse is still a huge crock of s**t. It holds no water at all. The talk of SOS not being able to participate in multiple meetings because of two players makes no sense.

2. The recruiting sub-committee outvoted SOS on a couple of occasions, and SOS didn't appreciate losing the final say. Lloyd/Liddle/Agresta simply stuck together. Perhaps SOS should have been more open to other ideas and not so headstrong. I suspect SOS and Brodie were in line but outnumbered. Was this sub-committee implemented to dilute SOS's power?

3. If we did get Brandon Ellis, how on earth would that not have been a conflict of interest for Liddle, given their relationship as he had previously coached him at two different clubs?

Thank you for your letters, though from today’s I am confused and uncertain of our actual profit & loss & how much we still owe

Mark LoGiudice |

The Club’s Statutory Net Profit for the year is $6,292,164, however, our net underlying profit excluding Government Grants is $2,492,164. As at 31 October 2018, our outstanding historical debt position was $6.4m, throughout the current financial year we successfully repaid $2.4m of this. I can confirm that as at 31 October 2019 our outstanding Historical Debt position is down to $4m.

We released our financial statement to members today, with full details available here: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/539733/carlton-achieves-record-year-of-growth

My take on the SOS/Liddle situation after reading between the lines on their responses.

1. The conflict of interest excuse is still a huge crock of s**t. It holds no water at all. The talk of SOS not being able to participate in multiple meetings because of two players makes no sense.

2. The recruiting sub-committee outvoted SOS on a couple of occasions, and SOS didn't appreciate losing the final say. Lloyd/Liddle/Agresta simply stuck together. Perhaps SOS should have been more open to other ideas and not so headstrong. I suspect SOS and Brodie were in line but outnumbered. Was this sub-committee implemented to dilute SOS's power?

3. If we did get Brandon Ellis, how on earth would that not have been a conflict of interest for Liddle, given their relationship as he had previously coached him at two different clubs?

3. If we're going to start calling "conflict of interest" for players who have previously been coached in some capacity by someone at their club, you may as well shut the whole comp down, ODN.

been waiting for half an hour...you have to ask a suck job question to get answered...I’m checking out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back