Member Online Forum 9th Dec 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

With regards to playing AFL home and away games, there is no intention for these to return to Ikon Park. During the current year our average home game attendance increased to over 46,700, an increase of close to 15,000 supporters. This is a trend we would like to continue to see and exceed on average 50,000.

They think everyone is an idiot.
What is the average crowd against the interstate teams like GC, GWS, WC, Freo?
How much would we add to our bottom line by playing these teams @ PP instead of MS?

Grow some b@11s and do what is right for our club!!!

The whinging about the whinging isn't much better though SOAP.
Maybe these are concerns and opinions expressed and concerns and opinions disagreed with?
It's a discussion forum. You've got to articulate your opposition, not just label and dismiss out of hand.
There are a fair few usually positive posters expressing some of these concerns, not just your usual suspects.

Such a good post until this....
Why ODN do we do this and tag individuals as - You are this and you are that, types?

There seems to be a predetermined view on types and highlighting these types as being good or bad for this board.
If I say more I'll get banned again, but this isn't a particularly good platform to launch from........in my opinion.

There are all 'types' and as long as they have content to add, they really shouldn't be demonised just because they don't subscribe to a consensus.

Why ODN do we do this and tag individuals as - You are this and you are that, types?

There seems to be a predetermined view on types and highlighting these types as being good or bad for this board.
If I say more I'll get banned again, but this isn't a particularly good platform to launch from........in my opinion.

There are all 'types' and as long as they have content to add, they really shouldn't be demonised just because they don't subscribe to a consensus.
Thanks Harks. I was about to write the same thing.

SOS was GM List Management and Strategy. He was put 2 levels under the CEO and all decision to be decided by a sub-Committee.... That's a GM with no power at all. Sure it was different when he started. Seems the CEO has been dismantling him for a while..... no wonder it all ended in tears. Assume that SOS talked to the Board about the issue of being made powerless in the area you are responsible in....
Like the old situation of getting a second medical opinion. Don't get a second opinion just get one but make sure it is the best. If senior management don't have faith in SOS move him on but don't go through a pathetic charade that gives us management by committee and selections like Deluca .

Can't have responsibility without authority.

One comment tonight, sure. There are two camps on this though, so we have to respect each side.
One "side" just seems to be potting everything Liddle has ever done and acting like SOS has been murdered, and filling multiple threads with the same "sky is falling" routine.

But I will henceforth respect this approach, look forward to reading more of it.

Interesting how many posters on here would rather one individual have complete autonomy over the future of our club than have several. Remember, ‘two heads are better than one’.

I love SOS and appreciate how he has done things his way, which has certainly put us in good stead for the future - but it wasn’t sustainable particularly with two of his sons on the list.

With regards to playing AFL home and away games, there is no intention for these to return to Ikon Park. During the current year our average home game attendance increased to over 46,700, an increase of close to 15,000 supporters. This is a trend we would like to continue to see and exceed on average 50,000.

They think everyone is an idiot.
What is the average crowd against the interstate teams like GC, GWS, WC, Freo?
How much would we add to our bottom line by playing these teams @ PP instead of MS?

Grow some b@11s and do what is right for our club!!!

Surrey, it’s not going to happen...move on!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't know who I'm talking about though Harker, so no real need to be a champion of free speech. Some posters have caused us a lot of heartaches and don't really contribute an exchange of ideas in any meaningful manner. For the sake of my post though, I was more explaining that some of the posters being dismissed haven't really formed a reputation worthy of being dismissed. That was the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how many posters on here would rather one individual have complete autonomy over the future of our club than have several. Remember, ‘two heads are better than one’.

I love SOS and appreciate how he has done things his way, which has certainly put us in good stead for the future - but it wasn’t sustainable particularly with two of his sons on the list.

Autonomy of their area of responsibility, yes. Of the club, no.

You certainly don't want someone getting smashed by supporters and the media because of the failures of their area of responsibility, only to find they are outvoted by non-experts and underlings.

One "side" just seems to be potting everything Liddle has ever done and acting like SOS has been murdered, and filling multiple threads with the same "sky is falling" routine.

But I will henceforth respect this approach, look forward to reading more of it.

SOAP ... really? Just a tad hyperbolic perhaps?

A point that was made but not answered satisfactory. Last year we were all "upgraded" "for free". We have been Captains Club for many years with reserved seats. So they create a new category as we already had the most expensive: "Legends Lounge", same seats, same rooms at the MCG, just new rooms at Marvel (nice ones with view to the field). So renewal comes and of course higher price because we are now "Legends Lounge" . No possibility to go back to the old classification without loosing our seats (and probably GF guaranteed seats). Sneaky way of getting more money from loyal members.
Just wonder if something like this happened to members in other categories?
It's one way to make more money. On the back of members who paid up for decades. Interesting how things change when membership goes up. Member appreciation is out of the door (especially for those who have stuck with the club for decades...)

The whingeing on this board recently is actually incredible.

Yes, incredible. And it is the same people who have continually lambasted the club over the last week in the most ridiculous and immature manner are the same people who attack anyone and everyone for the slightest criticism on any other issue.

I support Carlton Football Club and back the club 100%! Go Blues.

I have two questions under review. One about an assurance that non-qualified staff won't be making recruiting decisions going forward, and the other about Deluca.

Looking forward to the Deluca answer.

SOS was GM List Management and Strategy. He was put 2 levels under the CEO and all decision to be decided by a sub-Committee.... That's a GM with no power at all. Sure it was different when he started. Seems the CEO has been dismantling him for a while..... no wonder it all ended in tears. Assume that SOS talked to the Board about the issue of being made powerless in the area you are responsible in....
Absolutely ridiculous this sub-committee. Absolutely ridiculous.

I sent 2 critical question on Friday. Looks like they are posting more "live" questions then the pre-submitted ones. Also looks like that overly critical questions (in their view) will not be posted or answered. This is what I feared from the start. They are getting into the areas many have asked about, but choose questions that suit them. This format can never replace a real members meeting. Might go to the AGM now to see if they get their behinds kicked...

not to many question on player development surprises me ...

This just isn’t a way to run things. I’ve never seen a business Board sub-committee run over the top of a specific Manager’s role.

This was just Liddle’s way of taking control. A joke.

Yes, incredible. And it is the same people who have continually lambasted the club over the last week in the most ridiculous and immature manner are the same people who attack anyone and everyone for the slightest criticism on any other issue.

Good on you what the view like from up above looking down? :moustache:

Everyone on this forum supports the Carlton Football Club but some are prepared to call the club out on good, bad and in particular the lying and misinformation as needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back