1. Love your trade? Show us how to be crowned Home Timber & Hardware Tradie of The Year and WIN a Holden Colorado. Enter at homehardware.com.au

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, Training and Nutrition' started by Outburst, Oct 8, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. ThePezDispenser

ThePezDispenser Norm Smith Medallist

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    LeBron James, Phil Heath
    Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. showdownhero

showdownhero Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    on a journey through time and space
    Some people recommend it for strength gains

3. cptkirk

cptkirk Premiership Player

Sydney
    Other teams:
    that's demonstrating strength, not building it

Aeglos and ThePezDispenser like this.
  4. chrstphrwnstn

chrstphrwnstn Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Everton
    Thought I'd finally join in and post.

Height: 167cm
    Weight: 65kg

Supplements:
    Creatine Monohydrate, BCAAs (train fasted), Fish Oil, Vitamin D, occasionally Yohimbine HCl (when cutting).

Diet:
    IIFYM really, about to start reverse dieting and slowly up my calorie intake. Maintenance is around 1700-1800kcal (230C/140P/35F).

Goals:
    Just want to focus on strength in the big lifts (hoping for S: 140kg, B: 90kg, D: 180kg within 12-18 months) increase LBM and get towards 10% bodyfat.

Lift PRs:
    S: 3x125kg, B: 2x85kg, D: 1x155kg (3x150kg)
    About to start Candito's 6 Week Program, starting off with conservative maxes as it looks pretty full on.
    Size-wise, legs are definitely my weak point and looking to add a fair amount of mass in that area.

Achievements so far: Intermediate level lifts for my size, improved physique but always room for improvement.

General Mutley likes this.
  5. saj_21

saj_21 Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Haven't posted an update for a while.

So post grand final weekend I was around the 95kg mark....sine then Ive dieted down to 86.5kg. I've been trialling Neil Hill Y3T program, it's a 3 week program that cycles rep ranges.

Week 1 6-10 reps, week 2 14-18 reps, week 3 20-25 with dropsets, the leg work out includes 3 x 60-80 reps on the legs press. I've enjoyed it as a different style of training.

Id estimate my body fat is around the 13% mark. My short term goal is to hit 83kg by Christmas morning. Long term goal is to maintain 83-85kg throughout the footy season. Next year I will run the melbourne marathon and be around the 80kg mark.

Jab likes this.
  6. Ryannn

Ryannn Debutant

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Height: 170cm
    Weight: 92kg

Haven't tried for big lifts in a long time but my PR's are B: 132.5kg x 1 D: 200kg x 1 S: 182.5kg.

My goal was to get to 100kg but I've recently decided to get back into footy. Last time I played seniors I was 65kg and lightning quick so it should be interesting to see how 27kg of extra bulk goes. First pre-season session tomorrow.

7. cptkirk

cptkirk Premiership Player

Sydney
    Other teams:
    i'm thinking you'll blow up easily and very hard!

8. marty36

marty36 Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:

I felt the same way about getting to 100 Kilo but as you get older where you sit a 92 kilo is probably perfect. Once you hit 30 that 100 kilo will feel like 110 Kilo if you can be a cut 92 Kilo will keep you in better shape for when age takes over

9. CourtzMajora

CourtzMajora Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Phoenix Suns, Jacksonville Jaguars
    No updates in a while, I've been focusing on strength training the past 6 weeks, also focusing on squat depth/form.

Starting to see some progress with my quads, will be trying for new 1RM's next week and then start my 6 week program over again.

Will be going for 60kg bench, 85kg squat and 90kg deadlift eeep.

Attached Files:

lysp likes this.
  10. Silgni

Silgni Senior List

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Hi guys, I've been battling anorexia nervosa and have finally been taking some steps in the right direction to get rid of it. It has consumed my life for almost five years now and has quite simply sucked all of the enjoyment out of my life.

Height: 178cm
    Previous Weight: 53.5kg
    Current Weight: 63.5kg
    Goal Weight: 70kg

Diet: Trying not to track anything because it is encouraging OCD behaviour.

Goals: Squat at an intermediate strength standard. Reach my goal weight of 70kg, possibly more. Not feel so anxious around food. Get rid of this BS illness.

Stats
    Squat:
    5x75kg
    Bench: 5x55kg
    Deadlift: 5x100kg

Achievements so far: Gained 10kg. Regained my ability to think. Don't feel so cold anymore. Can actually function in life. But I still have A LOT of improvement to make. This is far from over. I am still so tempted to cut weight.

schmuttt, evo, Bonz and 7 others like this.
  11. ioppolo

ioppolo Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
    That's awesome. 3 years ago I was 171cm and got to 49/50kgs at my lightest. My BMI was about 16.9/17. I look back now and wonder wtf was going on in my head. I was a bit chubby so I went on a mission to lose it all. I went to far, refused to eat some food, over did the exercise, critiqued everything I ate and monitored by calories ridiculously closely. And somehow I was happy with myself at the time.

Now I'm the same height and 67kgs. I struggle to see myself 18kgs lighter, I legit must've looked like an Ethiopian child. Now I just eat and lift. Rinse and repeat. It took me a while to fully kick the disease, best of luck

Andre, Jab and Silgni like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Silgni

Silgni Senior List

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Congratulations on kicking such an awful disease. The brain really tries to do everything it can to prevent you from getting better.

An anorexic brain is wired so much differently to the brain of your average Joe.

When my weight was really low my brain perceived that to be good and it didn't understand the appeal of having more mass/weight. And it still doesn't to some extent.

As I gain weight, I'm beginning to appreciate aesthetics and the benefits of having muscle.

Andre, ioppolo and Jab like this.
  13. Shupe

Shupe Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Indianapolis Colts
    Yoooo. Time for an update.

I was about 78kg over summer (still 184cm, I doubt that's going to change at 26 years old). Decided I'm going to go on a bulk, but to actually do it right. My previous bulks have always been a bit half-arsed and amounted to nothing. My goal was to get to 85kg by September. I've stayed relatively clean, swapped out a lot of my salads for carbs etc and haven't gone near the 'dirty bulk' fast food side of things. So I'm still feeling great. I'm now weighing 83-84kg depending on when I weigh myself, so about a kilo and a bit to go. Shouldn't be a problem.

My god have I been reaping the rewards. I've smashed almost every PB of mine, but finally people have started noticing. A client of mine even asked if I was using roids. Another girl I haven't seen in a few months said I'm looking very athletic, people at work are now talking in the past tense when saying "Remember when you were skinny?!". New staff not knowing I was skinny wouldn't believe it when I showed them pics. This has honestly been the most encouraging part, getting the compliments. It keeps me on track and knowing I'm achieving something, even if I can't see it in the mirror (since I look every day!).

Anyway, lifts.
    Bench Press - I've finally cracked the 100kg barrier. Can squeeze out a couple of reps. 6 reps at 90kg, 12 reps at BW.
    Squat - 120kg x 5. It's a PB, but I feel like this will keep progressing since I was interrupted with a small tear in my quad.
    Deadlift - 165kg. These rose pretty quickly when I started deadlifting again. I don't deadlift in my gridiron season, so I was quite happy with this result. I suspect it will go higher in the next month, too.
    Standing OHP - I ******* love this exercise. I have new favourites all the time, and this is my current. 62.5kg x 4. Obviously a few more reps here, so I suppose I could go a bit heavier with less reps.

Overall I've hit PB's in every single lift in the last month or so. I'll post pics once I hit my goal, but I'll post this 78kg ish one for now to reflect back on...

(Please ignore the text! Haha)

IMG_4311.jpg

saj_21, ioppolo and Drama like this.
  14. ioppolo

ioppolo Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
    This pic must have a decent back story

15. Shupe

Shupe Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Indianapolis Colts
    Not really. I'm a gun ping pong player and have a lethal backhand. I always have the red side on the backhand. Hence, The Redback.

16. ThePezDispenser

ThePezDispenser Norm Smith Medallist

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    LeBron James, Phil Heath
    Hairy arms bro

evo, Andre and GROTTO like this.
  17. GROTTO

GROTTO Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I presume his waxing is a bitch.

18. Shupe

Shupe Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Indianapolis Colts
    You should see the legs.

19. RichRich087

RichRich087 Draftee

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Height: 6 foot 4 inches
    Weight: 90kg
    Body type: built
    Qualifications in the industry: none

Supplements: currently using: protein shakes

Diet: pretty healthy

Goals: maintain muscle and increase weight.
    bench 120kg
    deadlift 180kg
    squat 140kg

20. Shupe

Shupe Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Indianapolis Colts
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Jab likes this.
  21. stew42

stew42 Club Legend

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Fulham FC, Trinity College FC
    Height 184cm
    Weight: 95kg
    Body type: Meso/Endo
    Qualification: None

Types of training:
    • Progressive bodyweight calisthenics (Eg. start with doing pushups on the wall, progress to one arm pushups legs together. For squats, start with support, progress to full pistols) Currently do push-ups, leg raises, pull ups, squats, and bridging. Plenty of good books on the subject, I recommend Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade, and basically anything by Al or Danny Kavadlo if you're interested.
    • Kettlebells
    • Cardio (recently did the Run Melbourne 5k in under 29mins, which I was pretty thrilled with), also do skipping, burpees, yadda yadda
    PBs: Squats, Deadlift, Bench: No idea. Might try it some day, but I'm getting decent results in strength so far without it.

Supplements: Food and water

Goals:
    • to get my weight to around 80-84kg. Was up at 100 a few years ago, and got it down to about 89-91, but life has been super hectic this year, have ballooned out a bit.
    • To get to more progressive forms of bodyweight exercises
    • To run a sub-25min 5km

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Jab, Andre and saj_21 like this.
  22. saj_21

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    So I think I may be competing again. Early last year I did my first ever male fitness model shows, I dropped down from 95kg to 78kg over 20 weeks. I am back playing footy (just in the reserves) all season and we are last on the ladder which is partly why the gym is more appealing at the moment.

So long story short I'm aiming for a Comp most likely mid March, which means dieting will start around early December. This year I've hovered around 90kg, but weighed myself this morning at 94kg. The aim will be to maintain 92-94kg till dieting starts and enjoy calories while I have them.

Training the last few moths has been pretty simple
    M- back,
    T - legs,
    W a chest,
    Thurs - off
    Fri - shoulders and arms.
    16-18 sets on all body parts, in the rep range of 8-12, legs has been 12-20.

Once footy is over I will be doing push, legs, pull twice a week. Around 20 sets in the 6-10 rep range.

Dieting of late, protein intake has been spot on, but I have indulge in all the foods I shouldn't.

From now, I will be around 3000 calories a day. Just eating more good food if I'm hungry and indulge a little on a Saturday night.

Age; 30
    Height; 178 / 5'10
    Weight; 94kg

Will try and get a current pic up, hoping by publicly stating I want to compete you blokes on here will keep me honest!

PS; my current lifts
    Bench press 100kg x 13 reps
    Barbell row 90kg x 12 reps
    Squats 90kg x 14 reps
    Deadlift 140kg x 7 reps

23. Cotchin 9

Cotchin 9 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Ryan ten Doeschate. LFC, Hertha BSC
    16/18 sets? Massive.

24. saj_21

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Is it? I'm doing 24 sets at the moment for legs, back, chest. It does include a couple warm up sets, i've found my body responds well to volume.

25. Cotchin 9

Cotchin 9 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Ryan ten Doeschate. LFC, Hertha BSC
    How many different exercises would you do for your back, lets say? Just curious