Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems the most appropriate thread to post this - http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator by Casey Butt - "The following calculator gives you an estimate of the maximum muscular bodyweight and muscular measurements (at roughly 8 to 10% bodyfat) that a drug-free trainee of your structure is likely to attain."

Obviously not the be all end all but interesting nonetheless. Was curious because I wanted a target to aim for. My estimated maximum potential is 84.5kg @ 174cm and 10% BF. I'm ~70.7kg now and would defs love to add another 14kg over my lifetime given I was relatively happy with how I looked dieted down at 64kg lol

Been ages since I've updated, last year was pretty poo in terms of training wise. Was only getting to the gym 3 - 4 times a week which was a massive decrease on previous years. I turned 30 a few weeks ago and thought this year I'm going to get back into it.

I've been going to gym at least 5 times a week since the week before Christmas, most weeks I get to gym at least 6 times.

My current split is:

Legs (mainly quads)
Back
Chest
Legs (mainly hamstrings)
Arms (bi's/tri's)
Shoulders

As my last year of training wasn't as good my strength took a bit of a hit, I also haven't benched in a while as I prefer dumbbell chest press but my numbers at the moment are:

BB Back Squats: 70kg (can do 8 - 10 reps regularly so will increase this soon)
BB Front Squats: 40kg
Deadlifts: 70kg
Dumbbell Chest Press: 22kg (dumbbells), this is just on my own if I have a spotter I can get the 26kg dumbbells up
Unassisted wide grip pull ups: 7 reps
Lat pull downs: 67kg
Dumbbell Shoulder Press (20kg dumbbells)
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 14kg (dumbbells)
Barbell Bicep Curls: 30kg

Hopefully I can improve on those numbers this year, even if it's only by a kg.

A picture popped up on my FB memories yesterday from 6 years ago, in that time I've gone from 63kg to 52kg and back up to 63kg again but my body shape is definitely different.

Looking back at how far I've come is definitely the thing motivating me this year, I would like a goal as well but am yet to come up with one yet haha :p

16465184_1267777429971471_3319896822297657344_n.jpg

16123985_379191382473530_6681257851576385536_n.jpg

7 pullups is impressive

Thanks but I used to be able to do 10 so I'm a bit off.

Probably doesn't help me putting on weight, when I was doing 10 pull ups I was about 60kg.

Just found this board and I intend to be a regular here so....

I'm a newbie so don't judge.

weight: 76 kg
height: 182 (although think ive grown a bit since last measuring)
body type: ectomorph

supplements: creatine, glutamine, protein
goal: have my eyes set on 80 kg at the moment but eventually want to be at least 90 kg but probably more (lean)
achievements thus far: been at it for probably 2 months now and have gained 8 kg. ( starting 67-69 kg)

diet is very unstructured I just try and eat as much as I can and train most days. bulking atm. here are a few exercises I do and the weight I started at and weight im doing now.
exercise - weight - (weight when i started)
lat pulldown: 57 comfortably but can do 67 with assistance (47kg)
DB shoulder press: 12 kg (9 kg)
lateral raises: 14 kg (10 kg)
dumbell chest press: 22 kg (12 kg)

all 10 reps. Thats just a few, will post my whole workout later with some pics maybe.

My 3 big lifts:
Squat: 50 kg
Deadlift: 50 kg
bench:50 kg

only just started deadlifting and squatting so think theyre lagging. I think I covered most things. Oh and I can do 8 wide grip pull ups now. Pretty proud of that seeing as when i started I could barely do 1.

any comments would be appreciated.

oh and my bf% is 13% apparently according to one of those scales with the handles. Not sure how accurate it is. Gave me a muscle mass number too but have forgotten it. Will re-test and post here. Was 60 something IIRC.

oh and my bf% is 13% apparently according to one of those scales with the handles. Not sure how accurate it is. Gave me a muscle mass number too but have forgotten it. Will re-test and post here. Was 60 something IIRC.
Don't trust them, their body fat % are a fair amount off

Yeah I thought so. If I were to guess I'd be 13%. No real fat visible, however not much muscle definition either. Im just flat out skinny.
Without muscle I doubt you'd be 13%. Most people underestimate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to use BF%, take measurements over time using the same machine + under same conditions to monitor progress. A single measurement doesn't tell much. Usually your weight, training progress, and just the eye test are enough.

We had a BIA machine and used to compete to see who can lose the most BF over lunch break :D Led to a lot of unnecessary jugs of water and skipped lunches.

goal: have my eyes set on 80 kg at the moment but eventually want to be at least 90 kg but probably more (lean)
achievements thus far: been at it for probably 2 months now and have gained 8 kg. ( starting 67-69 kg)

diet is very unstructured I just try and eat as much as I can and train most days. bulking atm. here are a few exercises I do and the weight I started at and weight im doing now.

all 10 reps. Thats just a few, will post my whole workout later with some pics maybe.

My 3 big lifts:

only just started deadlifting and squatting so think theyre lagging. I think I covered most things. Oh and I can do 8 wide grip pull ups now. Pretty proud of that seeing as when i started I could barely do 1.

My 2c - forget body types even exist. Just a lame excuse for skinny people to not gain weight and fat people to not lose weight

My 3 big lifts:

Well done 8 kg in a couple of months and strength gains is good stuff. Great signs. Keep at it. You're young so you have time on your side.

76 kg isn't that skinny either. You're not huge but you are far from being a stick.

they can be but it will be consistently "off" so if you lose 3% bf according to that scale then you'll have lost 3% bf for realz
I wouldn't trust that

in the end if you don't like how you look then lose fat, the infatuation on specific bf levels is ridiculous for mine...i couldn't care what mine is but if i can't cover the ground or sprint as fast as i want or should be able to, then it's time to drop some kgs

in the end if you don't like how you look then lose fat, the infatuation on specific bf levels is ridiculous for mine...i couldn't care what mine is but if i can't cover the ground or sprint as fast as i want or should be able to, then it's time to drop some kgs

Just playing devils advocate here, but for some who are training to look good bf % can be a key number....someone like yourself training for footy, you are still focused on achieving a set of numbers, albeit a different number but a number none the less.

Just playing devils advocate here, but for some who are training to look good bf % can be a key number....someone like yourself training for footy, you are still focused on achieving a set of numbers, albeit a different number but a number none the less.

That and using only subjective markers is, imo, a surefire way to fail

but 10% bf can look different on different people so then you'd go back to my thought of i'm not where i want to be and lean down til you are

It's not always about leaning down. If someone doesn't have enough muscle they can diet all they want and still won't look impressive. This applies for guys and girls - especially those that want the "toned" look. Most people also won't realise how little muscle they actually have until they get really lean.

It's definitely A LOT easier to just lose weight to feel better short term though. And I suppose most people will be plenty happy with just looking above average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back