Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm - upper glutes on fire. Did a few sets on different band strengths as cptkirk and Aeglos suggested while watching TV. The burn.

Last edited:
Another update!

I am hovering 83/84 kg at the moment and things are going well. My 3 big lifts have all improved! Like I said in my previous update, I have mostly tried lower rep ranges ie. 5x5 for squat, bench, deadlift. I have benched a tonne in the last couple of months and have improved it from 50 kg for 10 to 77.5 kg for 3 reps since halfway through May. As a result from this (and some form changes) I am starting to see some actual pec development (much to my delight).

I squatted for the first time in probably 3 months on Sunday (don't blame me, I hate legs with a passion :'() but still managed to hit a PB of 100 kg for 2 reps ass to grass. I really enjoyed it too :thumbsu:. It is a goal of mine to do more legs more often because they are starting to lag behind my upper body development.

As for the deadlift, I have only just begun doing them again in the last few weeks. I have decided to incorporate them into back day after I do my pullups. So first time doing them again I hit a PB of 90 kg for 10 reps. So naturally I assumed 100 kg would be very reasonable for 5ish reps but the damn bar wouldn't move off the floor. :( I need not worry though, I am positive I'll break it soon enough. :) As for my pull ups, I have ditched the lat pulldown in favour of them and I really enjoy them. I can do 12 unassisted at the moment and 4 with a 10 kg plate around my waist. :thumbsu:

I have been getting compliments from people that didn't even know I was gymming which is always nice. I'm more motivated then ever to continue to improve! :) My goals before the end of the year are 100 kg bench for a rep. 90 kg body weight. 120 kg squat for 5 reps. 120 deadlift for 5 reps.

Thanks for reading guys! and I'll see you again with another update soon enough. :rainbow:
Another update! Some good news and bad news in this one.

So I've gained another few kilos and at about 87/88 and by my guesstimations about 17% bf. Maybe less. Dead lift has improved to 120 kg for 1 rep but that's about it. Feel like this could improve a lot quicker but progress is progress. My bench has improved to 90 kg for 1 rep. Despite this my pecs are still non existent. *Sigh* can do 70 kilo for 10 reps though. Squat hasn't improved at all. Still very much hate doing legs and have probably trained them 3 times in the last 2 months. :( I can also do 4 reps of pull ups with 20 kilo extra weight.

Now for the bad news. I think I have developed a small case of gyno. I have a small lump under both my nipples and they hurt when I touch them. Currently have a case of what I think is gastro as well. Have no appetite at all which isn't ideal for someone trying to bulk. Got the doctors today so will get the prognosis then.

Wish me luck. :)

Another update! Some good news and bad news in this one.

So I've gained another few kilos and at about 87/88 and by my guesstimations about 17% bf. Maybe less. Dead lift has improved to 120 kg for 1 rep but that's about it. Feel like this could improve a lot quicker but progress is progress. My bench has improved to 90 kg for 1 rep. Despite this my pecs are still non existent. *Sigh* can do 70 kilo for 10 reps though. Squat hasn't improved at all. Still very much hate doing legs and have probably trained them 3 times in the last 2 months. :( I can also do 4 reps of pull ups with 20 kilo extra weight.

Now for the bad news. I think I have developed a small case of gyno. I have a small lump under both my nipples and they hurt when I touch them. Currently have a case of what I think is gastro as well. Have no appetite at all which isn't ideal for someone trying to bulk. Got the doctors today so will get the prognosis then.

Wish me luck. :)

Honestly bench press sucks for building a good chest, most people just muscle up the weight particularly at heavy weight/low reps.

Incline dumbbell press is much better, a lower weight for more reps were you can control the weight and isolate the muscle better. Cable flys as well, much better for building the pec muscles.

Honestly bench press sucks for building a good chest, most people just muscle up the weight particularly at heavy weight/low reps.

Incline dumbbell press is much better, a lower weight for more reps were you can control the weight and isolate the muscle better. Cable flys as well, much better for building the pec muscles.
Yep I do these.
I start with bench.
Then dips superset with push ups
Then incline dumbbell bench
Then decline in the Smith really focussing on contraction and time under tension (take it slow and don't lock out arms)
Then finish with pec Dec with last set a drop set.

I get DOMS through the chest I guess I just have bad chest genes. :( my whole anterior chain sucks ass. Biceps, chest quads SUCK. My back is mighty strong though. Same with triceps, hammies and delts.

The GP reckons it is gastro btw. He says should only be 24-48 recovery time. Feel a bit better today but still very little appetite. It sucks cause I had a renewed focus to really do well this week. My food and training was on point Saturday, Sunday and Monday. And then it cut me down on Tuesday and barely eaten a thing since. :'(

Feel like I'm wasting away. Oh well, only a minor setback. I will comeback from it.

Also having an ultrasound for my gyno to see what the deal is there. Doc reckons it's just mammarory tissue but I don't want that.:thumbsdown:

Yep I do these.
I start with bench.
Then dips superset with push ups
Then incline dumbbell bench
Then decline in the Smith really focussing on contraction and time under tension (take it slow and don't lock out arms)
Then finish with pec Dec with last set a drop set.

I get DOMS through the chest I guess I just have bad chest genes. :( my whole anterior chain sucks ass. Biceps, chest quads SUCK. My back is mighty strong though. Same with triceps, hammies and delts.

For mine most guys chests suck because they don't build upper peck enough this is what gives you a balanced and the appearance of a big chest. Building the bigger lower specs without enough focus on the upper pecs will make you look like having man boobs.

Do upper DB incline first use some incline cable flys as well.

Ditch the decline for incline press in the smith machine but stick to slow and contracted reps.

Do some benching in between for the ego boost (it's why we all train to bench press haha)

Personally push ups and dips allow the other muscles to take the tension of the chest.

4 weeks since the last update, nothing on TV so time for another update to kill some time;

I've dropped down to 86kg without trying to hard. I've just cut back my big cheat meals on Saturday night and limited junk food during the week.

My training now I've switched to Neil Hills Y3T which cycles rep ranges over 3 weeks. So week 1 6-10 reps, week 2 14-18 reps week 3 15-25 reps with giant sets/super sets/drop sets you name it. The week 3 leg day calls for 3 sets x 60-80 on the leg press.

Funnily enough the hardest week is week 2, the 14-18 rep range still allows some heavy weight and high reps.

Calories I'd be around 2600
Protein - 230g
Fats - 75g
Carbs - 250g

Plan is to keep losing body fat, lean up for summer and hit the pavement for some running. At the moment I'm doing 1-2 runs a week, 2-3 30 mins walks with the dog.......Bring on footy 2018.

Now 52kg. Also spinal erectors coming out.

Glute Progress :thumbsupemoji:

Upping legs to twice a week... keen to see further improvements.

Still not training calves. Calves still uuuge. #asiangenes. Somehow they look deceptively proportionate there. Going to start dropping BF next year when I can control my diet more (dat living at home cooked dinner lyf).

Last edited:
how often you training glutes now?

I’ve added it pretty much everyday, doing bodyweight or light squats/hip thrusts/clams/kickbacks/lunges in between sets for back or arm day etc. while ‘resting’. Pretty much just keeping the heart rate up... I’ll do however many sets/reps it takes to feel the burn.

As for ‘properly’ scheduled with my maximum weights... twice a week (as of last week).

Is this a good approach? I know that doing more reps gives a different outcome than doing 3 or 4 max rep for eg. but I figure it can’t hurt as a female who does no cardio to incorporate it.

Now 52kg. Also spinal erectors coming out.

Glute Progress :thumbsupemoji: (first pic 55kg):

Upping legs to twice a week... keen to see further improvements.

Still not training calves. Calves still uuuge. #asiangenes. Somehow they look deceptively proportionate there. Going to start dropping BF next year when I can control my diet more (dat living at home cooked dinner lyf).

Just gonna throw it out there that those are some clean ass shoes haha
Oh, and good work ^_^

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve added it pretty much everyday, doing bodyweight or light squats/hip thrusts/clams/kickbacks/lunges in between sets for back or arm day etc. while ‘resting’. Pretty much just keeping the heart rate up... I’ll do however many sets/reps it takes to feel the burn.

As for ‘properly’ scheduled with my maximum weights... twice a week (as of last week).

Is this a good approach? I know that doing more reps gives a different outcome than doing 3 or 4 max rep for eg. but I figure it can’t hurt as a female who does no cardio to incorporate it.

perfect - the higher rep days set you up for better heavy days as you'll have better glute activation to put into the exercises

Also peternorth strong disappoint I was expecting you’d pop in and commiserate with me re: huge asian calves.

Also peternorth strong disappoint I was expecting you’d pop in and commiserate with me re: huge asian calves.

hey V. Sorry.....haven't lurked here for ages.

Commiserate? hehe nah me love strong asian calves (well on me anyway). But i have studied your pic and dont think they're huge and disproportionate at all. Maybe Im not looking hard enough?

PS keep up the good work!

hey V. Sorry.....haven't lurked here for ages.

Commiserate? hehe nah me love strong asian calves (well on me anyway). But i have studied your pic and dont think they're huge and disproportionate at all. Maybe Im not looking hard enough?

PS keep up the good work!

Asian calves on dudes look great! Huge calves on girls looks stocky sigh. Makes me wonder why, must be all the rice we consume. :grimacing:

Asian calves on dudes look great! Huge calves on girls looks stocky sigh. Makes me wonder why, must be all the rice we consume. :grimacing:
I thought it was because Asians are short so always have to stand on their toes.

Not really...

Nice shower cap :grinning:.

Haha that's my mrs shower cap :p

Whaaaaaat? You mean you don't voluntarily have flower tiles and candles in a bathroom? Colour me shocked.

Is Asian calves even a thing? Never heard it before lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back