Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive been immensely enjoying my varied and weird training of late and am feeling pretty good so to hell with it, pics up kids.

For some context my stepdad (who was a total jerk) always told me you cant keep abs past 30 and this was the other night at the gym as a bit of an F** you to him (hence the finger). I'm closing in on 31, 90kgs, 183cm, really don't track what weight I'm lifting as I'm just pushing myself with different sets and excercises constantly. Lots of high intensity cardio and core work plus all sorts of weird lifting combos (sometimes 3 sets of 4/6 heavy sometimes 6 sets of 12 mid range weight).

All in all I'm pretty happy with the overall fitness and aesthetics at the moment.

IMG_9171 (004).jpg

Looking at my last belfie I think I’ve lost a bit of fat around my back/waist. Also trust my calves to still be the most developed part of my lower body :'(.

I also trained in a sports bra for squats for the first time in Thursday and no one gave two shits. It was excellent, I moved up weights!

View attachment 442009

Also a bit of a lol story - the mate I’ve whinged about (the ‘love yourself one’) has started sending me belfies because I have, and her butt is literally all fat - she doesn’t do any exercise (except cardio, yet she says I’m being mean when I tell her cardio will do nothing for her butt).

So somehow, I’m meant to praise her ‘big’ (aka fat) behind while listening to her lecture my ‘overtraining’ because I have an ‘eating disorder’.

The insecurity kills me.

Calf goals

No knee injury just stagnated at 120kg squat for the past 3 years while by Deadlift went from 140kg to 210kg in the same time frame.

I've got pretty long femurs which causes my body to fold over in a traditional high bar squat. Recently widened my stance a bit and moved to low bar which should give me a better biomechanics for increasing my squat numbers.

Watching these videos recently really struck a chord.

I'd try some squat variations. I don't conventional backsquat at all for similar reasons- long femurs & I don't like the 'fold' position it forces me into, but I do a lot of box squats which allows me to keep an upright torso. You'll probably be surprised how much weight you can move around doing these instead.

So I've used this week as a bit of test week;

2km time trial 7:58
Barbell shoulder press; 70kg
Squat; 140kg
Deadlift; 170kg
Barbell row; 110kg
Bench press;115kg

Current body weight 84.5kg

Pre season in full swing so cardio will increase. Weight training is 6 days a week one muscle group each day. 16-24 sets depending on which muscle and in the 8-12 rep range.

Just an update a few weeks on;

2km time trial is down to 7:36

My lifts all remained the same or slightly improved

Current body weight 83.5kg which I am very happy with. It’s the lightest I’ve been in 3 years since I was training for my comp.

My training over the pre season/Christmas break;

Weight sessions x 6 a week. Legs/pull/push split
Rep range was 5-8 around 12-16 sets for legs/back/chest and 6-8 for bis/tris/shoulders

Running has been consistent 4-6 sessions a week and would vary from hill sprints upto 12-16km runs just depends on what I feel like training

Diet has been solid, hitting around 2600 calories a day expect Saturday’s where I’d have a cheat meal Saturday night. Eating with a bit more instinct than strictly sticking to a meal plan. I will get around 250g of protein a day and vary carbs and fats.

Last edited:
Just an update a few weeks on;

2km time trial is down to 7:36

My lifts all remained the same or slightly improved

Current body weight 83.5kg which I am very happy with. It’s the lightest I’ve been in 3 years since I was training for my comp.

My training over the pre season/Christmas break;

Weight sessions x 6 a week. Legs/pull/push split
Rep range was 5-8 around 12-16 sets for legs/back/chest and 6-8 for bis/tris/shoulders

Running has been consistent 4-6 sessions a week and would vary from hill sprints upto 12-16km runs just depends on what I feel like training

Diet has been solid, hitting around 2600 calories a day expect Saturday’s where I’d have a cheat meal Saturday night. Eating with a bit more instinct than strictly sticking to a meal plan. I will get around 250g of protein a day and vary carbs and fats.
impressive stats mate, keep up the good work

Ive been immensely enjoying my varied and weird training of late and am feeling pretty good so to hell with it, pics up kids.

For some context my stepdad (who was a total jerk) always told me you cant keep abs past 30 and this was the other night at the gym as a bit of an F** you to him (hence the finger). I'm closing in on 31, 90kgs, 183cm, really don't track what weight I'm lifting as I'm just pushing myself with different sets and excercises constantly. Lots of high intensity cardio and core work plus all sorts of weird lifting combos (sometimes 3 sets of 4/6 heavy sometimes 6 sets of 12 mid range weight).

All in all I'm pretty happy with the overall fitness and aesthetics at the moment.

View attachment 445756
You're in good shape. Very lean 90 kgs. Impressive.

q Not as impressive as some guys but considering I'm 50 in May and a few years ago was obese and being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I'm pretty proud of myself.

50 yrs old
165 cm
80kilos
Diet: Keto/Low Carb/Carb Cycling
Exercise: Crossfit
Goals: Lose that fold of skin that is still visible.

Attachments

• 20180214_230009.jpg
    20180214_230009.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20180214_230512.jpg
    20180214_230512.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I've come along way since 2012. I do have the cheat meal now and then, but I do my best to keep it in check. I eat extremely low carb and low fat, hardly have any sugar at all. I'm in reasonably good shape. Very happy where I'm at.

FaT boY.jpg
Don't hesitate to pm me about any dietary advice and fitness regimes.

q Not as impressive as some guys but considering I'm 50 in May and a few years ago was obese and being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I'm pretty proud of myself.

50 yrs old
165 cm
80kilos
Diet: Keto/Low Carb/Carb Cycling
Exercise: Crossfit
Goals: Lose that fold of skin that is still visible.

Well done mate! Credit to you. I got no excuse for being lazy, inspirational Rask!

Whats that yellow object near your foot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done mate! Credit to you. I got no excuse for being lazy, inspirational Rask!

Whats that yellow object near your foot?

Cheers. Ha didn't notice until you pointed it out. It's a bit of a chewed up ball. I have two dogs that love chewing and destroying balls and other toys.

Haven't updated in a while, last year was pretty crap health wise so there were months where I didn't hit the weights and I lost a lot of strength and muscle. Been consistently going since December again and slowly starting to see changes :) Just wish my back would grow!

Attachments

• 28430452_237126680165693_1043895855741927424_n.jpg
    28430452_237126680165693_1043895855741927424_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 28153381_881220838703982_4521066602233331712_n.jpg
    28153381_881220838703982_4521066602233331712_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
Haven't updated in a while, last year was pretty crap health wise so there were months where I didn't hit the weights and I lost a lot of strength and muscle. Been consistently going since December again and slowly starting to see changes :) Just wish my back would grow!

New tatt?

Yeesh, those shoulders are amazing!

Just a quick update;

I'm down to 81.5kg. I went to India for 10 days in the middle of Feb, ate and drank to much but ironically i got food poisoning on the flight home which basically stopped me from eating for 3 days and my appetite took a week to get back to normal. I weighed 84.5kg the day i left and 3 days after i returned i was 84.5kg.

I've done a bit of a crash diet rightly on wrongly, will drop another 1kg or so and then introduce some more food. Training is still 6 days a week in the mornings splitting up muscle groups, training with a bit more intensity. Footy training twice a week plus some extra running sessions.

Taken tonight. Please excuse the nipplage

IMG_20180330_223344.jpg

And the small ass delts :poo:

Last edited:
Quads are growing and my slow-ass recomp is working. Still unhappy with tris but they’re slowly becoming more shapely.

People have been saying I look ‘wispy’. So negged.

51kg.

199931B2-77F9-491E-8BA0-72F90119B1AF.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back