Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Another update! Some good news and bad news in this one.

So I've gained another few kilos and at about 87/88 and by my guesstimations about 17% bf. Maybe less. Dead lift has improved to 120 kg for 1 rep but that's about it. Feel like this could improve a lot quicker but progress is progress. My bench has improved to 90 kg for 1 rep. Despite this my pecs are still non existent. *Sigh* can do 70 kilo for 10 reps though. Squat hasn't improved at all. Still very much hate doing legs and have probably trained them 3 times in the last 2 months. :( I can also do 4 reps of pull ups with 20 kilo extra weight.

Now for the bad news. I think I have developed a small case of gyno. I have a small lump under both my nipples and they hurt when I touch them. Currently have a case of what I think is gastro as well. Have no appetite at all which isn't ideal for someone trying to bulk. Got the doctors today so will get the prognosis then.

Wish me luck. :)
Update time.

I have officially hit 90 kg. 91 on a good day. Can't believe how far I've come since my 67 kg days ahaha. Reading back on my posts have been a bit of a laugh. 12 kg dumbell shoulder press??? Seriously?? :huh:

My main lifts:

Seated dumbell shoulder press: 35 kg for 5 reps
Bench press: 100 kg for 3 reps
Squat: ??? (More on that later)
Deadlift: 160 kg for 1 (no straps or belt, RAAAAAAW)
Chin up: +30kg for 5 reps

My last update was in September. Got a gf since then which has probably been detrimental to my training tbh haha and been on a drug called accutane since November which definitely has affected me negatively in the gym. The drug gives you lower back pain so I haven't been able to deadlift ( :( my fav lift) or squat :)) fck you squats) since November and won't be able to again until at least June.

I've been running a PPL with elements of nSuns to increase my bench. I've reset my numbers about 20% to work my way back up again with a wider grip and with a pause at the bottom to emphasise the chest more and increase drive off the chest cause I believe my big ass triceps were carrying me way too much.

The problem though is I'm 90 kg now but am still skinny af. I look at people of similar height and weight to me and they look much stockier and "filled out" than me and I don't know why. My waist is still narrower than my hip bones if that makes sense. I feel like I need to get to 96 kg now before I even think of cutting. Feels like a never ending cycle of bulking #permabulklyfe . I remember thinking I'd be huge at 80 kg. Oh poor little naive me. How wrong I was.:oops:

Also looking at competing soon. Maybe early next year. My gf competed on the weekend and enjoyed it a tonne so I thought why not. Some random at the show said I have "the shape for it."

I want to do a powerlifting meet as well some time in the future. Could be fun.

Update time.

I have officially hit 90 kg. 91 on a good day. Can't believe how far I've come since my 67 kg days ahaha. Reading back on my posts have been a bit of a laugh. 12 kg dumbell shoulder press??? Seriously?? :huh:

My main lifts:

Seated dumbell shoulder press: 35 kg for 5 reps
Bench press: 100 kg for 3 reps
Squat: ??? (More on that later)
Deadlift: 160 kg for 1 (no straps or belt, RAAAAAAW)
Chin up: +30kg for 5 reps

My last update was in September. Got a gf since then which has probably been detrimental to my training tbh haha and been on a drug called accutane since November which definitely has affected me negatively in the gym. The drug gives you lower back pain so I haven't been able to deadlift ( :( my fav lift) or squat :)) fck you squats) since November and won't be able to again until at least June.

I've been running a PPL with elements of nSuns to increase my bench. I've reset my numbers about 20% to work my way back up again with a wider grip and with a pause at the bottom to emphasise the chest more and increase drive off the chest cause I believe my big ass triceps were carrying me way too much.

The problem though is I'm 90 kg now but am still skinny af. I look at people of similar height and weight to me and they look much stockier and "filled out" than me and I don't know why. My waist is still narrower than my hip bones if that makes sense. I feel like I need to get to 96 kg now before I even think of cutting. Feels like a never ending cycle of bulking #permabulklyfe . I remember thinking I'd be huge at 80 kg. Oh poor little naive me. How wrong I was.:oops:
Awesome stuff my man. I remember you posting your first post ages ago. The fact you've stuck with it is props enough but it sounds like you've made some awesome gains too. 'mirin dat deadlift son.
Can I ask why you think your gf has hampered your gains? One of my mates has been in a long term relationship for about a year and his physique has turned to absolute shite lol

Last edited:
Awesome stuff my man. I remember you posting your first post ages ago. The fact you've stuck with it is props enough but it sounds like you've made some awesome gains too (mirin dat deadlift).
Can I ask why you think getting a gf has hampered your gains? One of my mates has been in a long term relationship for about 6 months now and his physique has turned to absolute shite lol
Thankyou it means alot. Can't wait to start deadlifting again! I fear I'm gonna have to start at 120 kg or something and work my way back up but oh well.

I'm not sure. To be honest, I think in the beginnings I had some anxiety issues (cause I really liked her) which caused me to have very little appetite so for a couple months there I was eating sfa. I've gotten over that now, we're happy, and I'm aboard the gains train again.

It's not like I thought "hey I'm taken now so I can give up and turn into a sloth". No.

Also looking at competing soon. Maybe early next year. My gf competed on the weekend and enjoyed it a tonne so I thought why not. Some random at the show said I have "the shape for it."

I want to do a powerlifting meet as well some time in the future. Could be fun.

Good stuff, what is your height again?

How long have you been training? I’d say such a big weight gain if over a short? period of time you would of gained a bit of extra fat along with muscle. You will find leaning out a bit you will look more defined and bigger. Just putting on more weight doesn’t mean you look bigger.

What competition are you looking at doing? I’ve competed before so happy to offer any advice

Good stuff, what is your height again?

How long have you been training? I’d say such a big weight gain if over a short? period of time you would of gained a bit of extra fat along with muscle. You will find leaning out a bit you will look more defined and bigger. Just putting on more weight doesn’t mean you look bigger.

What competition are you looking at doing? I’ve competed before so happy to offer any advice
Thanks. I am about 182 cm (around your height IIRC) and been training for a little over a year. Consistent training since about August last year and consistent nutrition since... Well.. never (never been a big eater).

My gf competed in first timers so I assume I'd go into the male equivelant of that. I guess I'd like to know (since we are similar height/build) what sort of bench marks should I be looking for in order to be competitive in a show? People are saying I could just cut now and be competitive but i don't think so personally.

I look alot like you do in the photo you posted earlier in this thread (the selfie in the bathroom). What sort of weight do you think K I should get to before cutting? I don't think I'm fat, I'm just soft. I measured my waistline the other day and it came up 85 cm. Not sure where that puts me.

Thanks. I am about 182 cm (around your height IIRC) and been training for a little over a year. Consistent training since about August last year and consistent nutrition since... Well.. never (never been a big eater).

My gf competed in first timers so I assume I'd go into the male equivelant of that. I guess I'd like to know (since we are similar height/build) what sort of bench marks should I be looking for in order to be competitive in a show? People are saying I could just cut now and be competitive but i don't think so personally.

I look alot like you do in the photo you posted earlier in this thread (the selfie in the bathroom). What sort of weight do you think K I should get to before cutting? I don't think I'm fat, I'm just soft. I measured my waistline the other day and it came up 85 cm. Not sure where that puts me.

Yeah i am 178cm.

So if you been training for a year and pretty consistently since August and you put on 24kg? Or was your 67kg from over 12 months ago? But regardless 24kgs in 12 months is a lot of weight and muscle takes time to grow, you would of gained body fat along the way....whereas thinking if you put that same weight on over 4 years its more time for muscle to grow. That might explain why you look soft you just don't have the muscle density.

I had been training consistently 6-7 days a week for 3 years before committing to stepping on stage, not saying you can't do it over 12 months but just to be realistic how much lean muscle mass you have. The best and easiest category to compete in is the fitness model novice category. You only need to wear boardshorts and the posing is pretty straight forward and not very technical.

As for weight, you don't diet to a number you diet down to how you look. For me i had a rough idea on what weight i wanted to be around because i had a dexa scan done and knew my fat free mass and could calculate body fat percentage from there.
but i was around 95/96kg first week of Jan 15. gave myself 18 weeks to diet and got down to 78kg around 6% BF and really probly needed another 10 days of dieting.

When is the competition date of your show?

Yeah i am 178cm.

So if you been training for a year and pretty consistently since August and you put on 24kg? Or was your 67kg from over 12 months ago? But regardless 24kgs in 12 months is a lot of weight and muscle takes time to grow, you would of gained body fat along the way....whereas thinking if you put that same weight on over 4 years its more time for muscle to grow. That might explain why you look soft you just don't have the muscle density.

I had been training consistently 6-7 days a week for 3 years before committing to stepping on stage, not saying you can't do it over 12 months but just to be realistic how much lean muscle mass you have. The best and easiest category to compete in is the fitness model novice category. You only need to wear boardshorts and the posing is pretty straight forward and not very technical.

As for weight, you don't diet to a number you diet down to how you look. For me i had a rough idea on what weight i wanted to be around because i had a dexa scan done and knew my fat free mass and could calculate body fat percentage from there.
but i was around 95/96kg first week of Jan 15. gave myself 18 weeks to diet and got down to 78kg around 6% BF and really probly needed another 10 days of dieting.

Hey out of interest have you put up a photo anywhere of how you looked at 95/96? Thanks

Yeah i am 178cm.

Oh yeah no doubt I've gained some fat along the way. I was dirty bulking for alot of it. I wouldn't have the patience otherwise. I was 67-69 kg (fluctuated) in November 2016. So 1.5 years.

Thanks for the tips. May I ask what your fat free mass was when you did the dexa?

Also this is something I've been thinking about for a few days so haven't got an actual show in mind yet. I agree that I don't have the required muscle mass yet so I'm thinking this time next year.

Looking solid here. I see that your torso runs all the way down like a straight line. The thing is with my physique is that it shapes in at around the belly button and then back out at the hips and upper torso.

I hope that makes sense. I have nfi why that is and would like to know. People at the same height/weight as me have the straight line too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior List
Looking solid here. I see that your torso runs all the way down like a straight line. The thing is with my physique is that it shapes in at around the belly button and then back out at the hips and upper torso.

I hope that makes sense. I have nfi why that is and would like to know. People at the same height/weight as me have the straight line too.

Oh yeah no doubt I've gained some fat along the way. I was dirty bulking for alot of it. I wouldn't have the patience otherwise. I was 67-69 kg (fluctuated) in November 2016. So 1.5 years.

Thanks for the tips. May I ask what your fat free mass was when you did the dexa?

Also this is something I've been thinking about for a few days so haven't got an actual show in mind yet. I agree that I don't have the required muscle mass yet so I'm thinking this time next year.

Don't worry so much about the muscle mass, the bloke who won could of ridden in the Melbourne cup the next day he was small and ripped. Me and a couple of the guys may not have been as lean but we had a good 10-12kgs of muscle mass on the kid.

My point being is that if you want to compete you may end up dieting down to a weight that isn't far off your original weight. Think about it over 1.5 years you may have been able to add on 5-6kg of lean muscle? Imagine a 300 gram steak and adding that evenly over your body every month for 18 months.

My fat free mass was around 73.5kg could of have been a bit generous, but it gave me an approx goal to get to. And you will lose some lean muscle whilst dieting for 14-18 weeks straight.

Check out ANB and INBA federations, i think they run a lot of shows March/May and then again in September. The season is pretty limited (depending what state you are in). If you can determine what BF % you are now then you can work backwards from there, to determine an end weight based on BF%. But it should be based on how you look not the weight. Give yourself an extra two weeks ontop of what you think you need.

FYI check out page 39 of this thread....comp day photos.

Don't worry so much about the muscle mass, the bloke who won could of ridden in the Melbourne cup the next day he was small and ripped. Me and a couple of the guys may not have been as lean but we had a good 10-12kgs of muscle mass on the kid.

My point being is that if you want to compete you may end up dieting down to a weight that isn't far off your original weight. Think about it over 1.5 years you may have been able to add on 5-6kg of lean muscle? Imagine a 300 gram steak and adding that evenly over your body every month for 18 months.

My fat free mass was around 73.5kg could of have been a bit generous, but it gave me an approx goal to get to. And you will lose some lean muscle whilst dieting for 14-18 weeks straight.

Check out ANB and INBA federations, i think they run a lot of shows March/May and then again in September. The season is pretty limited (depending what state you are in). If you can determine what BF % you are now then you can work backwards from there, to determine an end weight based on BF%. But it should be based on how you look not the weight. Give yourself an extra two weeks ontop of what you think you need.
I had a dexa done 3-4 months ago and my lean mass was 65.144 kg. Guess I am a fair way off the mark :(

I had a dexa done 3-4 months ago and my lean mass was 65.144 kg. Guess I am a fair way off the mark :(

Don't worry about your weight worry about how you look. I am down a round 83-84kg i'm leaner and look bigger and better than i do at 90kg

there is old school bodybuilding saying "if you want to look 10 pounds bigger, lose 10 pounds"

I CANNOT believe the guy in the middle won! WTF?

You look great

Fitness model is mostly about how you present yourself, essentially being a arrogant cocky prick infront of a crowd/spotlight is key. Something which doesn't come naturally to me at all.

I've put on 4 or so kilos since December, heaviest I've been in over 10 years but also the strongest I've been so I'm not complaining (the number on the scales means * all to me) :) My upper body is definitely my strong point so need to work on my legs now, doesn't help with hip pain but I'm not one to back down from a challenge :D

29739517_182759655856090_5923583297954250752_n.jpg

I've put on 4 or so kilos since December, heaviest I've been in over 10 years but also the strongest I've been so I'm not complaining (the number on the scales means **** all to me) :) My upper body is definitely my strong point so need to work on my legs now, doesn't help with hip pain but I'm not one to back down from a challenge :D

View attachment 481767

Your bathroom is impeccably clean!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back