Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Been enjoying getting into this forum after bypassing it so long. Some really informative stuff on here and a few units about.

Height: 189cm
Weight: 84
Body type: Dunno the correct terminology. Recenlty dropped a lot of weight.
Qualifications in the industry: none

Supplements: Whey Protein, Multivites
Diet: Previous did a long high protein low carb, now trying to get more veggies in the diet and balance a bit with fruit and nuts. Still very high protein.

Goals: Shred and increase size slightly.

Basically just asthetics for me. I've always been pretty strong and had good muscle size (not in comparrison to a few lads on here), but ideally I want to get to a bit bigger size and then just cut.

Height: 187cm
Weight: 86kg
Body type: Meso/ecto
Qualifications in the industry: Ex-pro triathlete

Supplements: None
Diet: Recently been eating less volume and more healthy choices (salads etc), droppped 4kg in 4 weeks after being injured for the past 3 years (recovering from broken collarbone atm).

Goals: Get back to race fitness and win an age group world championship. Compete in a 24hr solo MTB race.

Have done ironman but better at the short stuff, doing forest 6hr MTB race in may

Been reading a bit here lately, so i thought i might introduce myself (no laughing :p)

Height: 6 foot 2 (about 188 cm)
Weight: 66 kg (i got pretty sick over the holidays and lost about 8 kg's, so i was at 74 before Christmas.)
Body Type: Ectomorph

Goals: Last year my goal was to get to 75 kg's which i was basically at, and i was going to aim to get to 80 by the end of this year. Given what i am at now, i think i would be happy to get back to 75ish some time in the next year and a half. Long term i want to be not skinny. I've always been extremely skinny, and i am hoping to ride whatever natural filling out i do to be considered 'athletic' and slightly ripped. Would probably be somewhere around 80-85 kg's maybe.

Wow, that is ridiculously light!

Are you lifting?

I was back when i was at 74, and, whether by progress, or just natural growth, i had gained probably 5 or 6 kilos in 6 or 7 months of on and off lifting. I am just getting back into it again, with a different mindset. I am trying to mainly do only compound lifts (squats, deads, etc.), as before i was skipping out a lot of my body, mainly the lower half.

I have a bench, barbell and dumbells at home, so i at least save myself the embarrassment of lifting in public hehe. But it also means i don't really have a spotter, so i generally don't lift too heavy, which i suppose is good for my form :p

As i said, i have always been pretty skinny, and i doubt i will ever be as big as some of you guys, i just want to put a bit of muscle on haha.

you don't need a spotter, just don't go to failure...in your case i wouldn't anyway...just finish the set before you get to the rep you don't think you'll get

Yeah this is basically what i do. I also avoid certain exercises, due to the safety issue. Like when i squat, i hold the barbell in front of me, instead of behind my head on my shoulders.

Prudster, I had a similar experience when I was 18.

I went from 63kg to 70 in my first 6 months of lifting, before losing it all through stress of my VCE exams.

I regained most of it, then had my jaw broken on Schoolies, meaning I didn't train or eat (much) for 2 or 3 months, and went back down to 63kg.

Got stuck into it again, and within 6 months I was up to around 75kg.

Good to know that even skinny guys can eventually become absolute beasts :p

Yeah, you'll be thankful for a thing called muscle memory. Makes re-gaining lost mass a lot easier than putting it on in the first place.

Welcome, by the way!

Make sure you take plenty of pics, to keep you motivated and so that when you've reached your goal, you can remember exactly where you started. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fail to see the point..

you don't want to know...

shia-labeouf.jpg

Re: Member Profiles

Achievements: DL 140kg x 4 (strength), I don't bench atm so DB chest 40kg x 8 (controlled for mass), Squats 110 x 6 (strength - bit disappointing atm)

Just quoting to see if there has been any improvement.

With work, uni and footy atm I'm trying to get in the gym 4 times a week. With less training sessions, and me being more inclined to drink and disregard diet these days on the weekends, I'm just going for strength.

I'm currently doing 160kg deads x 3, 130kg squat x 4 and 45kg with the dumbbells.

I'm at 72kgs atm.

Height: 183

Weight: 86

Body type: i guess i would say Meso (used to be skinny fat..but hated my pregnant belly..)

Qualifications in the industry: none as of yet.

Supplements: whey protein, creatine (i get all my supps for free atm), multi, fishoil, joint support and everynow and again some controlled labs

Diet: Eat what i feel like with a large emphsis on hitting 220g-250g protein per day, (a lot of roo, eggs, steak, tuna, beans, weetbix, chicken, dairy, whey)

Goals: be a better footballer, be 82-85kg @10% bf in the long run

Sport played: Football(first season)

Lifts:
Squat -125 x 8, 145 x 1
Deads -155 x 10 (touch n go), 180 x 1
Bench - 90 x 7, 110 x 1
OHP - 75 x 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back