Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gym mirrors are meant to be filthy, sweat and spit on the daily. Sign of a good gym tbh.

I’m going to say he last . . . Six(?) gyms I’ve trained at don’t even have mirrors; in some cases including the bathroom(s)

That’s suuuuuper weird

Actually, now I think about it the last time I was at a gym with a mirror someone absolutely smashed the s**t out of it after they dropped a 50kg dumbbell from overhead and it bounced at a right angle into it.
Could be why crossfit/strongman/powerlifting gyms tend not to have mirrors lol

Actually, now I think about it the last time I was at a gym with a mirror someone absolutely smashed the s**t out of it after they dropped a 50kg dumbbell from overhead and it bounced at a right angle into it.

I think they should only be in certain areas (there is no need for them in the cardio room imo) but I can see your point too. I always got taught not to drop weights, it seems that’s less and less common now

I think they should only be in certain areas (there is no need for them in the cardio room imo) but I can see your point too. I always got taught not to drop weights, it seems that’s less and less common now

All the gyms I train at/visit are filled with experienced trainers/coaches and lifters capable of coaching which virtually removes all need for mirrors.
(They’re also deceptively expensive which would also be a major put off for keyclub type gyms)

All the gyms I train at/visit are filled with experienced trainers/coaches and lifters capable of coaching which virtually removes all need for mirrors.
(They’re also deceptively expensive which would also be a major put off for keyclub type gyms)
Maintenance too I suppose, having said that they make the gym look bigger and more equipped. Bit of a trade off I suppose.

I’m going to say he last . . . Six(?) gyms I’ve trained at don’t even have mirrors; in some cases including the bathroom(s)

But how do patrons preen and pose without mirrors?!!!!

Sorry to hear about that vonn :( I had an ectopic pregnancy last year, it was awful and so painful. I too was out of action for about 6 months (ended up in hospital for 5 days, and in the end they had give me a dose of a chemo drug to get rid of the growth).

Fast track to 12 months later and I'm the strongest I've ever been, so keep on pushing! You are looking great! :)

As for grip strength, start incorporating farmers carry into your workouts.

Hey Courtz, sorry to hear that you went through it too! But very glad to hear you’re all better (and stronger) now :)

Good to hear that you’re back into it vonn!

Personally hit 117.1KG last Saturday, so a 6.5KG drop in 5 weeks of meal planning and 4 weeks of following a training program. Being really careful with calories as I’m attempting and trying to hit 110KG by Christmas but I reckon I’ll fall just shy.

Have also made a few PB’s in the last week so getting stronger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the hell spits on mirrors?
the same people that don't believe they need to take a step back from the dumbbell rack to allow others to access it while exercising I imagine

79.95 Kg today. Heaviest I’ve ever been. Sigh

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven't been that light for probably 20 years
I did lose 5kgs in the last 3 days from being disgustingly sick but I know that's not going to stay off once I start eating again

I reckon ive lost weight- srsly cannot eat during the day and a workmate commented to me that ive lost weight. Dunno whats up tbh..

You've probably lost weight cause you are not eating during the day

I meant idk why ive lost my appetite smart ass :p

Has shell lost her appetite because she's lost weight?

tumblr_o789w10cFl1qz8x31o1_500.gif

I’m sitting around 87.5kg...heaviest I’ve been all year but since footy season has finished I always ease up on the running, eat more food and train harder. I’ve fluxiated between 82-87kg so happy I’ve stayed under 90 all year.

Pre season has started so training is now one body part per session for 6 days a week around 20-40mins per session depending on what’s been trained. 16-24 sets and higher reps 8-16.

Ideally aiming for 82-83kg once practice games start in March.

Well, the goal was to hit 110KG on Christmas Day, which would have been 9 weeks training and 10 weeks on a meal plan and I feel I’m going to fall just short!

Weighed in yesterday arvo at the gym at 111.3KG, 12.3KG down in 8/9 weeks, however I fly to Perth tonight and I’m not sure what I’m doing for food yet as I can’t meal prep. See what happens!

Well, the goal was to hit 110KG on Christmas Day, which would have been 9 weeks training and 10 weeks on a meal plan and I feel I’m going to fall just short!

Weighed in yesterday arvo at the gym at 111.3KG, 12.3KG down in 8/9 weeks, however I fly to Perth tonight and I’m not sure what I’m doing for food yet as I can’t meal prep. See what happens!
You've made great progress even if you don't hit your goal, and you'e got a better understanding for your next goal when it comes to setting it and achieving it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back