Club History Members' Council

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m on a committee yes but I can not discuss, I was implanted with a brain bomb so if I mention any discussion content my head will explode!

Damn they think of everything.

Not even the name of the committee?

----

I like the idea, but the following people have to stay the hell away:

* The Alberton Crowd
* Any Port supporter that’s ever featured on Nuffies on AFL Pages
* Nazi guy in Melbourne
300 nuffies saying how the club should be run, no thanks.
It wouldn't be 300 nuffies, but some would get in. It is a price to pay when creating opportunity for good people to get in.

The election at Grêmio is by party list, with a % cutline. Then, the share of seats are given proportionally to the lists according to their votes.

wharfie_1870, do not forget that the nuffies already say how the club should be run. That wouldn't change.

Not even the name of the committee?

----

It wouldn't be 300 nuffies, but some would get in. It is a price to pay when creating opportunity for good people to get in.

The election at Grêmio is by party list, with a % cutline. Then, the share of seats are given proportionally to the lists according to their votes.

wharfie_1870, do not forget that the nuffies already say how the club should be run. That wouldn't change.

I’m sure with some digging it can be found.

Agenda Item 1:

The buses

Agenda item 2:

Bring back Choco

Agenda item 3:

The buses but in more detail.

Choco driving buses!!

giphy.gif

I like the idea, but the following people have to stay the hell away:

* The Alberton Crowd
* Any Port supporter that’s ever featured on Nuffies on AFL Pages
* Nazi guy in Melbourne

What about banana girl? She'd slip in a curve ball or two.

Also, let's spice up next year and take the 'selection night' pressure off Ken and the other coaches. Let the council choose, forcing Ken to do his best with the cards he's dealt. It's not as if we'd play any worse than we currently do.

Imagine 300 maniacal, re blooded, hot headed latinos trying to reach a consensus

The Ukrainian or Taiwanese Government come to mind

pbox.php

Hows the chick bottom left throwing haymakers! hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who has ever tried to get anything done with a committee of more than a dozen or so members knows what a complete cluster $&%* a 300 member committee, aka council, would be.
If you read the proposal, you will see that there would be committees with smaller number of people precisely because of that. The great number of people is for proposing, voting and questioning; not for working the details of anything.

----
Imagine 300 maniacal, re blooded, hot headed latinos trying to reach a consensus...
If Brazilians are Latinos (controversial topic), there is no need to imagine anything. I know. I have seen it. It is not perfect, but it is good.

----
Hows the chick bottom left throwing haymakers! hahahaha

The guy kissed the floor. Someone should have opened the counting!

Last edited:
I just don't see the point. The real board will have no obligation to do anything suggested by the fake board.

There's no simple way the members can get a board member removed. And seeing all bar 2 board members are appointed there is no accountability to the members, only the AFL.

If you read the proposal, you will see that there would be committees with smaller number of people precisely because of that. The great number of people is for proposing, voting and questioning; not for working the details of anything. ...
"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We're taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week. But all the decisions *of* that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs. But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more majority ..."

"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We're taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week. But all the decisions *of* that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs. But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more majority ..."

I stopped reading at "anarcho-syndicalist commune"... :p

What's the controversy? The African component?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Over 50% of Brazilians don't classify themselves as white in their census.

What's the controversy? The African component?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The controversy is in the US Census. Americans use Latino and Hispanic interchangeably. The terms refer to the Spanish America. Brazilians see themselves as Latinos, but not Hispanics. That's why the controversy.

Are Haitians Latinos? Would the Quebecois be Latinos? I lived there four years. The answer is "no." Brazilians and Haitians are classified there as "others."
Over 50% of Brazilians don't classify themselves as white in their census.
I would take the racial classification out of the Brazilian Census. It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. The Portuguese had some 16 classes, that were currently reduced to five: white, black, indigenous, yellow, and dun. It is ridiculous. I have answered "dun" in 2010.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back