Membership 2016 tally

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't know who I am , do you ?

images

Hey Goldhawk. Did you go last night and if so, how was it? Any good info?
Once again another great night, Clarko started off the preceding and spoke about how Hawthorn have remained such a power and changing over their list as older players retire and grooming the younger players through the system at Box Hill,also told a story when he was in the office of Gill Mclachlan and was asked how do Hawthorn do it ( manage to stay at the top and being a power house) then Clarko told Gill to go and check his Black book and check all the salaries of the top AFL players and said that you will not find a Hawthorn player being in the top 20 , and as Gill came back said your right in fact there were 25 other players above Hawthorns best paid and that is part of the reason why Hawthorn have remained strong by having good values and the right people involved and players prepared to do the right thing by the club to remain together and wanting success.

Shaun Burgoyne also spoke about taking less money but is worth the sacrifice to winning Premierships, he spoke really well and mentioned that there would be heaps of Hawthorn players who could get a better pay deal but remained loyal to Hawthorn and winning Flags is the reward.

Last edited:
Shaun Burgoyne also spoke about taking less money but is worth the sacrifice to winning Premierships, he spoke really well and mentioned that there would be heaps of Hawthorn players who could get a better pay deal but remained loyal to Hawthorn and winning Flags is the reward.

Should be our new motto, kind of like "spectemur agendo"

Well that's not fair. Another bloody #freekickhawthorn!

and another big hello to Mr Franklin...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a couple of years ago Luke announced the final number during his captain's speech after the GF.
It's always announced earlier
Hodge just included the number in his speech, when he said 'I'd like to thank the 73,??? HFC members' , something along those lines

It's always announced earlier
Hodge just included the number in his speech, when he said 'I'd like to thank the 73,??? HFC members' , something along those lines
Probably it was last year. He had a piece of paper with the number written down I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back