News Membership 2017 - 42K cracked!! Help us get to infinity members

Will MFC reach 40,000 members in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have attended every home and away game in Melbourne - now to see if I get a call from the club for this Sunday!
The club emailed me today and I signed up to be in the draw to win something, not quite sure what though. I don't think it was a jumper because they said there were 200 of them.

The club emailed me today and I signed up to be in the draw to win something, not quite sure what though. I don't think it was a jumper because they said there were 200 of them.
I got the generic 'prizes all week' email. Might ring 'em.

I think that might be a walk around the ground at the opening (???) of the round 23 match while the crowd ignore you. I entered too - I'm already excited

Isn't it round 22? Would be weird if we did it at Collingwoods home game.
Oh yeah. Round 22. I guess I'll be walking around the ground on my own in round 23 and probably arrested or something

If we make finals and get Port in an elimination final (looks like the most likely result), any idea how ticket allocation works for Dees fans? Will it be next to impossible to get tickets given they sell out Adelaide oval for regular home games?

If we make finals and get Port in an elimination final (looks like the most likely result), any idea how ticket allocation works for Dees fans? Will it be next to impossible to get tickets given they sell out Adelaide oval for regular home games?
Generally initially the allocation is split. There's more tickets allocated to away fans than normal H&A

Will be able to get tickets but wil have to be quick. I know it's a long time ago but for our last final vs Freo in Perth , tickets went on sale to Dee's members before Freo members due to time difference

How much was the Grand Final guarantee this season? I know I paid for it but i don't recall how much it was. $229 for next year
$150, bloody hell, they've spiked it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much was the Grand Final guarantee this season? I know I paid for it but i don't recall how much it was. $229 for next year
that is complete crap. I get it's a supply and demand type thing but we've all supported this team through some horrific times and to jack it up now that we're less s**t is poor.

Out of curiosity, How does the Grand Final Ballet thing work?

I'd like to think the more years you've been a member the more chance you'd have but alas I know it won't work that way. Guessing every member without a guarantee just gets an equal chance of getting a ticket, but I believe you have to nominate your interest before a certain date in the lead up to the game to be in the running. Then you just get whatever ticket/s your offered, if anything.

Out of curiosity, How does the Grand Final Ballet thing work?
Owing to my holding a Swans membership, I've some experience in this.

Two factors:
1) membership at a level that guarantees access to a GF ticket
2) all other members can choose to enter the ballot.
- all four Prelim Final clubs get this information in the week leading up to the prelims
- you get to nominate the level of ticket you want and number (max value and number)
- you put in your credit card details as a commitment
- if your team wins through to the GF, they run the draw and allocate tickets, then automatically process the sale to your credit card (no option to change your mind)
- as far as I'm aware, there is no weighting for length of membership, but you do have to have at least a certain level to enter (eg, not pet memberships, or armchair)

Back