News Membership 2018 - 45,000 members (possibly)???

Remove this Banner Ad

So that's an increase of 100.42%. Getting there!

Also, St. Kilda has more members so far this year which seems odd to me

Last edited:

Still haven't signed on for this year yet. On the to do list.

All the club has to do to get the members in is win. If they are say 5-1 after six rounds they will get the members in.

looking good,would be nice with some early wins as mentioned above. If we do make finals could be crack the 50k next year?
Big big call. I think the next step is 45k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking good,would be nice with some early wins as mentioned above. If we do make finals could be crack the 50k next year?
This we could achieve, we are no Hawthorn however. The success they had in the 70’s and 80’s when the VFL was huge created great support. But with some sustained success and because of the trend towards supporters signing up as members, we could hit 50k.

We should work out some system with the MCC whereby when you purchase a membership if you are a melbourne supporter you get a token dees membership aswell. That way we could see what our true numbers are.
They do have that. It's like $60-$150 extra

Do a lot of people actually do that though? I though our membership numbers were always lower because some MCC members don't count?
I don't think the numbers get published anywhere, probably because no club wants to admit how few of their totals members are actually 'full' 11+ game members.

My opinion is that a fair portion of our membership is from MFC/MCC members though. My whole family does it and it's pretty easy, if you have ever said you're a MFC supporter on any MCC form the renewal membership they send you each year has an extra tick box and price for MFC membership. It's also why I think that when member numbers start coming out Melbourne are generally one of the first clubs to announce the figure they're on because MCC memberships roll over in September, meaning I pay for my 2018 Dees membership in August or September 2017. My rough guess would be 5-10K MCC/MFC members out of the total 20-25K MCC members who support the Dees. It would be tough to get much more than that though considering the MFC membership is essentially just a donation to the club in return for a scarf and some stickers.

Last edited:
I don't think the numbers get published anywhere, probably because no club wants to admit how few of their totals members are actually 'full' 11+ game members.

My opinion is that a fair portion of our membership is from MFC/MCC members though. My whole family does it and it's pretty easy, if you have ever said you're a MFC supporter on any MCC form the renewal membership they send you each year has an extra tick box and price for MFC membership. It's also why I think that when member numbers start coming out Melbourne are generally one of the first clubs to announce the figure they're on because MCC memberships roll over in September, meaning I pay for my 2018 Dees membership in August or September 2017. My rough guess would be 5-10K MCC/MFC members out of the total 20-25K MCC members who support the Dees. It would be tough to get much more than that though considering the MFC membership is essentially just a donation to the club in return for a scarf and some stickers.
Yeah, every MCC dees fan I know does it. Maybe 6 in total

Undefeated and then win ANZAC Eve. That'll do it. Would love to send the Tigers to 3-2 (or even 2-3 if they lose to both Hawthorn and Adelaide at AO) while we go 5-0 to the top of the ladder

Of course it'll probably turn out more like last year and we'll lose to the Tigers and go 2-3 instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back