News Membership 2018 - 45,000 members (possibly)???

Gee there are some shocking slogans in there.

I thought 2017 was 'Raise Hell'
That was the one I could find off the MFC website, but it probably was Raise Hell...

What is going to be our benchmark this time around? 45k-ish?
Given everyone just wanted to crack 40, I reckon 43k will be about it.

There's a certain point where we are genuinely going to struggle getting members. We aren't there yet, but I think there's an absolute cap on our members at around the 55k mark.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

There's a certain point where we are genuinely going to struggle getting members. We aren't there yet, but I think there's an absolute cap on our members at around the 55k mark.

That's rather depressing to say the least. Although to be fair not surprised given our recent history.

Not really Jacksons mo. Will certainly be 45k

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I certainly feel there's been a fair bit of growth recently but I fear we may lose some new supporters if we don't sustain some sort of success, a premiership would be handy is an understatement.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Women’s team will encourage a few more members. A big part of the AFL’s efforts in this area. Regional loyalties being pretty much locked up in Melbourne, the idea of broadening the scope of who is interested in buying a membership within the existing areas has merit. I can see the possibility of a few girls asking for a membership for Christmas this year, when previously it was just their little rat-taily brothers that wanted one.

Also i remember "Time to let your demon out" and thinking it was so hardcore at the time.

The last two years have been pretty good

Back