News Membership 2018 - 45,000 members (possibly)???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeverPuller

BigFooty Tanker
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
Thread starter Moderator #5
What is going to be our benchmark this time around? 45k-ish?
Given everyone just wanted to crack 40, I reckon 43k will be about it.

There's a certain point where we are genuinely going to struggle getting members. We aren't there yet, but I think there's an absolute cap on our members at around the 55k mark.

MarcMaverick

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans

There's a certain point where we are genuinely going to struggle getting members. We aren't there yet, but I think there's an absolute cap on our members at around the 55k mark.
That's rather depressing to say the least. Although to be fair not surprised given our recent history.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Axiom, Greenbay Packers

Not really Jacksons mo. Will certainly be 45k

mrmonkey

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
I certainly feel there's been a fair bit of growth recently but I fear we may lose some new supporters if we don't sustain some sort of success, a premiership would be handy is an understatement.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Women’s team will encourage a few more members. A big part of the AFL’s efforts in this area. Regional loyalties being pretty much locked up in Melbourne, the idea of broadening the scope of who is interested in buying a membership within the existing areas has merit. I can see the possibility of a few girls asking for a membership for Christmas this year, when previously it was just their little rat-taily brothers that wanted one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom