News Membership 2018 - 45,000 members (possibly)???

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
According to the ol' terms and conditions on the membership site the cut off was 5pm today. Basically says any members signed up after that time wont be counted officially by the AFL and the member wont have priority access to finals tickets.

I was about to sign up to the 3 game membership tonight but now haven't because of that. The clubs reminder email which they only sent yesterday didn't reference that info. I've replied and just suggested in the future that would be useful to make known in the reminder emails (nothing angsty, it was my fault I was lazy and left it too late).

I was a 10 year consecutive 11 game member too. Rather ironic that the entire 10 years I was a consecutive member (I have been one before many times though) we have not once made finals, the year I'm not a member and not attending games, we will probably make the finals. You can all thank me later!

Wouldn't you still be able to sign up to an armchair membership to keep your consecutive years going?

Pretty ordinary that the club doesnt specify a cut off date.

I will be calling them tomorrow to confirm my consecutive years are counted, it is my fault for leaving so long but i would think that signing up as a member before the end of the year would count.

Edit: i just twigged that you were specifically talking about finals tickets.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
According to the ol' terms and conditions on the membership site the cut off was 5pm today. Basically says any members signed up after that time wont be counted officially by the AFL and the member wont have priority access to finals tickets.

Correction on this, the club have now told me that members can still sign up as a 3 game (or I assume an 11 game general) member up until Friday and still get member access to pre-sale finals tickets (weeks 1-3 I think). But the member numbers wont be counted in the official AFL stats.

I also believe that existing members who did not renew for this year can actually buy a 3 game membership for just $10 if they agree to also buy one next year (though I couldn't find this on the website but I was told there was a link from instagram or some such thing, I don't know just call the club I guess). But I was happy enough to just renew to at the standard price.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
How this hasn’t yet been renamed Harmes paint is beyond me. Sorry I’m drunk and happy!
These days I honestly read it as Harmes Paint. My inner workings have already rebranded.

Mind you someone at work was telling a dull story about the time way back that they went to that ABBA revival thing called Bjorn Again - and I realised that I was listening with interest. Of course I realised I was tuning in because I was hearing “Gawn Again”. I might be going mad.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Correction on this, the club have now told me that members can still sign up as a 3 game (or I assume an 11 game general) member up until Friday and still get member access to pre-sale finals tickets (weeks 1-3 I think). But the member numbers wont be counted in the official AFL stats.

I also believe that existing members who did not renew for this year can actually buy a 3 game membership for just $10 if they agree to also buy one next year (though I couldn't find this on the website but I was told there was a link from instagram or some such thing, I don't know just call the club I guess). But I was happy enough to just renew to at the standard price.

Oh man! Just spent $140 buying an armchair membership for me and my dad a few weeks back, i would have snapped up the $10 tickets anand signed up for next year on the spot.

Anyone get their letter on entering the Grand Final ticket ballot? My old man got one but I didn’t, my good mate also didn’t receive one.

My old man reckons we have to enter the ballot this Wednesday, just want to confirm with others that it is this Wednesday as I didn’t get a letter.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone get their letter on entering the Grand Final ticket ballot? My old man got one but I didn’t, my good mate also didn’t receive one.

My old man reckons we have to enter the ballot this Wednesday, just want to confirm with others that it is this Wednesday as I didn’t get a letter.

Check this out

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/finals/grand-final-information

Priority 1 appears to be those with guaranteed GF purchase rights. I've no idea what constitutes priority 2 or 3 though, cannot find that info anywhere on the website, if anyone has found it please link

Back