News Membership 2020 - 37,278

Remove this Banner Ad

Current tally vs last years tally?
We're on 36,070 atm according to the website. Last year on this exact day we were 32,075

Also i have no idea what the exact final tally is for last year

We're on 36,070 atm according to the website. Last year on this exact day we were 32,075

Also i have no idea what the exact final tally is for last year

It was around 45k, I think the club fluffed the numbers like they all do at the end to hit right on 45k (Although no club fluffs more than the Saints).

Club is apparently setting its sights very high on 60k this year, would be extremely difficult unless we start the year like 9-2 or something at the bye, including an unbeaten run to start the season (We've started the last two seasons 2-3 with some super frustrating losses in there, the first month is so important for building membership).

It was around 45k, I think the club fluffed the numbers like they all do at the end to hit right on 45k (Although no club fluffs more than the Saints).

Club is apparently setting its sights very high on 60k this year, would be extremely difficult unless we start the year like 9-2 or something at the bye, including an unbeaten run to start the season (We've started the last two seasons 2-3 with some super frustrating losses in there, the first month is so important for building membership).
We won't get to 60k and the club in all likelihood knows it. We had 40k as our target for about 7 years before we hit it. If we have a great season we might get to 50k. 60k is a long term goal.

We won't get to 60k and the club in all likelihood knows it. We had 40k as our target for about 7 years before we hit it. If we have a great season we might get to 50k. 60k is a long term goal.
Definitely, I think we are currently the highest club (or one of) for supporter to member conversion. To get to 60k we will need to expand the supporter base.

I expect they took account of the crowds at last year's finals, especially the Geelong game where the crowd was predominantly Melbourne. Probably got a rough estimate of 60k Melbourne supporters at that game.

The MCC is the other Avenue. The club is campaigning hard for MCC members to sign up for a dual membership. I do wonder how many of our MCC base has actually signed up to that.

I expect they took account of the crowds at last year's finals, especially the Geelong game where the crowd was predominantly Melbourne. Probably got a rough estimate of 60k Melbourne supporters at that game.

The MCC is the other Avenue. The club is campaigning hard for MCC members to sign up for a dual membership. I do wonder how many of our MCC base has actually signed up to that.
May be generalising but youd think most of them have the means to sling a few extra dollars the clubs way :p

The crows have a membership you can buy which ONLY gives you a 10% discount to their online store. They count as memberships

The crows have a membership you can buy which ONLY gives you a 10% discount to their online store. They count as memberships
Wtf

I think the club counts those memberships as a promotional tool but the official audit where AFL publish the numbers scraps those types of memberships.

prices have gone up, which is alright, would like to see our MCC members be counted ^.^

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May be generalising but youd think most of them have the means to sling a few extra dollars the clubs way :p
Can't comment bc I'm not a member, but read in an article today that they only pay about $700 p/y and that includes MCC rights for all eligible sports. A Trident membership isn't much less than that.

Can't comment bc I'm not a member, but read in an article today that they only pay about $700 p/y and that includes MCC rights for all eligible sports. A Trident membership isn't much less than that.

It's a good deal. The premium MCC/MFC membership is about $220 on top of your annual membership payments. Since you already have access to all the MCC games you only end up getting a scarf, a pen and a guest pass to three games (Blockbusters not included). So it's essentially a donation to the club. I would be interested in knowing exactly how much the club retains from a regular membership and how much goes to the MCG and the AFL as well.

Beats the Cats on a Saturday night at Kardinia, beat Essendon on a Friday night, Swans on a Thursday, and we could see a huge boost going into ANZAC Eve. A lot of blockbusters for us early.

It's a good deal. The premium MCC/MFC membership is about $220 on top of your annual membership payments. Since you already have access to all the MCC games you only end up getting a scarf, a pen and a guest pass to three games (Blockbusters not included). So it's essentially a donation to the club. I would be interested in knowing exactly how much the club retains from a regular membership and how much goes to the MCG and the AFL as well.

This is it. I'm an MCC member and I live interstate, I can't justify it - when I lived in Melbourne I did, but I only get to about 3 or 4 games a year and that's already at a pretty big personal expense..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back