News Membership 2020 - 37,278

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not missing much. Its actually not a bad oval to watch footy, but the facilities are 1980s at best.

Oh and the locals are somewhat... interesting.
I reckon you gotta go a least once, unless you're Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood supporter

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I reckon you gotta go a least once, unless you're Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood supporter
I’ve never been. We’ll both go sometime. We’re a few years away from 186 now so it might be a slightly more uplifting experience.

I’ve never been. We’ll both go sometime. We’re a few years away from 186 now so it might be a slightly more uplifting experience.
I'd take you up on heading down to Geelong, but no punch on's when we lose after the Siren alright?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'd take you up on heading down to Geelong, but no punch on's when we lose after the Siren alright?
Do you mean we can’t punch each other? If yes I’ll agree.

We can surely leave a flexible clause open to hit a few Geelong supporting randoms though? So long as you understand I’m not really talented in the fist department so I have to take on some evenly matched opponents. So basically the Geelong cheer squad

Can't comment bc I'm not a member, but read in an article today that they only pay about $700 p/y and that includes MCC rights for all eligible sports. A Trident membership isn't much less than that.
$700 sheesh! I glad I’m about 10years away from getting back in. When I first got in at 16 it was $150 for a junior restricted member. When I became a restricted member I was paying about $220. I gave it away when I was made a full member and they wanted $500, that was about 20 years ago though. I couldn’t justify that much whe I was only getting to one game a year. My sister does a smart/shifty thing though. We have family that lives Brisbane so she uses their address to get the interstate rate, that is still about $450.

Creepen

Senior List
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
When you fellas book interstate games do you do it through the afl or club? Or just sort everything yourself ?

When you fellas book interstate games do you do it through the afl or club? Or just sort everything yourself ?
When I did it in 2016 I went through the club - it meant I got a ticket in the MFC supporters area.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're not missing much. Its actually not a bad oval to watch footy, but the facilities are 1980s at best.

Oh and the locals are somewhat... interesting.
The ground has pretty much been entirely redeveloped, so is now as good as any other ground.

I was underwhelmed by Optus stadium. Aside from them flicking the lights on and off, it’s in the middle of nowhere, bugger all food places and having dropped a couple of k (including bogus tickets) we got flogged in a prelim... #notbitter

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
The ground has pretty much been entirely redeveloped, so is now as good as any other ground.

I was underwhelmed by Optus stadium. Aside from them flicking the lights on and off, it’s in the middle of nowhere, bugger all food places and having dropped a couple of k (including bogus tickets) we got flogged in a prelim... #notbitter
Really? I was over there for the test match. I agree its location is kind of confusing, but at least had public transport nearby. I was lucky to sit in the members there with friends, and the food choices were excellent.

That said, I did wander out to GA for a look down at ground level, and the beer they have on tap must be a key reason why west coast supporters are like they are...

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I upgraded to a reserved seat this week to get the Grand Final guarantee. It feels weird doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
How much?

I got sent an offer from the club for 'Trident open air' - $515 annually.

I was on just a home general admission membership before which is $227 - but the Grand Final guarantee is $227 on its own, so it's worth the big extra for the seat / room access / etc.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I got sent an offer from the club for 'Trident open air' - $515 annually.

I was on just a home general admission membership before which is $227 - but the Grand Final guarantee is $227 on its own, so it's worth the big extra for the seat / room access / etc.
any idea how much guest passes are if you have a reserved seat?

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never been interstate, haven't even trekked to Geelong yet

The stadium doesn't look too bad but some parts are a bit outdated - they've still got wind tunnels and temp fences setup.

Only been to Geelong once in 2016 when we got flogged by 111pts to end our season. Other than 2015, nothing but pain seeing that ground and I doubt I'll ever go there again.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
any idea how much guest passes are if you have a reserved seat?
$30 last year, but have to get yourself a ga ticket on top as it doesn't include entry. And guest passes only get you in p1-4 (if you can imagine watching on tv, they are left flank on far side of ground, level 2a)

$30 last year, but have to get yourself a ga ticket on top as it doesn't include entry. And guest passes only get you in p1-4 (if you can imagine watching on tv, they are left flank on far side of ground, level 2a)
Is that the same price for the reserved area guest passes (ie not reserved seat, but dedicated bay)? This is my first year with an upgraded membership so pretty excited - usually go alone to the footy anyway but wouldn’t mind taking a mate along here and there...

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is that the same price for the reserved area guest passes (ie not reserved seat, but dedicated bay)? This is my first year with an upgraded membership so pretty excited - usually go alone to the footy anyway but wouldn’t mind taking a mate along here and there...
Yeah, that's the one.

Typically speaking, if you take a guest with you, the guest pass will allow you to walk between most areas if the ground isn't totally full. There are usually a few spare seats if you wait til quarter time. In the past, I've bought mates in and gone back down to betty Cuthbert bar for first quarter, then grabbed a seat. May be a little tougher this year with redlegs/trident sold out.

Yeah, that's the one.

Typically speaking, if you take a guest with you, the guest pass will allow you to walk between most areas if the ground isn't totally full. There are usually a few spare seats if you wait til quarter time. In the past, I've bought mates in and gone back down to betty Cuthbert bar for first quarter, then grabbed a seat. May be a little tougher this year with redlegs/trident sold out.
$17/25 + 30 seems like a lot. Maybe i'll just sit GA...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back