News Membership 2020 - 37,278

Stu_Hibachi

Debutant
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United. Celtic
Does anyone know what happens for premium members in the replacement home games. Is it just treated as an away game and just have to go GA?

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
There was a an email sent last week for a dedicated Dees section, but they could be sold out by now.

Thanks mate - got the same email and managed to snaffle up a few. Going to be an interesting experience!

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Holy crap - that's a huge result! Makes it all the more lamentable that we haven't repaid the faith by being halfway decent this year. You can't do this to new members - they are brittle and they'll drop off again next year if we don't consolidate them this year. We have a lot of work to do to keep them.

Holy crap - that's a huge result! Makes it all the more lamentable that we haven't repaid the faith by being halfway decent this year. You can't do this to new members - they are brittle and they'll drop off again next year if we don't consolidate them this year. We have a lot of work to do to keep them.
If we continue down this path we could lose a fair amount next year I'm wagering!

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Has anyone replied to the membership email survey yet. They are going to get some great responses this year!

What 5 words come to mind when you think of MFC.

What did you think of onfield performance in 2019.

1. *****
2. *********
3. *******
4. Useless *****
5. **** *******

They are my 5 words.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has anyone replied to the membership email survey yet. They are going to get some great responses this year!

What 5 words come to mind when you think of MFC.

Complete ******* shambles * off.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne

I loved this part. Gave good ratings throughout the survey, then rated zero for everything football related.

Also interesting on the questions about the MCG. Again, rated all individual elements of the MCG as a stadium highly, but then the Q 'How would you rate the MCG as a home venue overall?' - sorry, gotta give a zero.

I loved this part. Gave good ratings throughout the survey, then rated zero for everything football related.

Also interesting on the questions about the MCG. Again, rated all individual elements of the MCG as a stadium highly, but then the Q 'How would you rate the MCG as a home venue overall?' - sorry, gotta give a zero.

Same.

I feel that we will never have the home venue feel as long as the AFL members remains as it is.

We play the bigger clubs and they flood the opposite wing making it a neutral venue. Not sure what the solution is.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I genuinely wonder if them asking about how fans feel about the MCG is them considering playing smaller teams at a boutique stadium or even casey.
I wouldn't have thought so, given there isn't a boutique stadium to play at, and I doubt the City of Casey are going to be paying a couple of million to play a few games there.

I'd say it would be more about the home ground experience, which for mine, is a bit of a moot point, as it doesn't matter what they've got going on, or how they've dressed the place up when the team continues to play the venue so poorly.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn't have thought so, given there isn't a boutique stadium to play at, and I doubt the City of Casey are going to be paying a couple of million to play a few games there.

I'd say it would be more about the home ground experience, which for mine, is a bit of a moot point, as it doesn't matter what they've got going on, or how they've dressed the place up when the team continues to play the venue so poorly.

Yeah I remember doing one of these surveys about 5 years ago and just said it doesn’t matter what you try and do on gameday, team performance is all that matters. s**t like the website is pathetic though how hard is it to pay one guy to keep it updated. We don’t even get proper player photos for a couple years sometimes!

Back