News Membership 2020 - 37,278

Remove this Banner Ad

Emailed the club saying I’d payed up as a member this season and hadn’t received my scarf as I was due to pick it up at the first home game, asked if it could be mailed out instead, was told they could do that but there’d be a $10 processing fee.

They really don’t help themselves do they.

Emailed the club saying I’d payed up as a member this season and hadn’t received my scarf as I was due to pick it up at the first home game, asked if it could be mailed out instead, was told they could do that but there’d be a $10 processing fee.

That's pretty bad. Most people are keeping memberships despite what's happening. The least they should do is send the scarf out for free. I mean they should send it out anyways with the pack you get in December or January

very tone deaf of them wtf

Any MCC members here? what are your sorts on the 30% reduction in years membership fee, think it's a pretty poor result to be honest, in a year of no live sport, and with an already increasing fee every few years, they really could've done better.

Any MCC members here? what are your sorts on the 30% reduction in years membership fee, think it's a pretty poor result to be honest, in a year of no live sport, and with an already increasing fee every few years, they really could've done better.

I am. And I have no problem with it, to be fair. I first got my restricted membership in 2003, and since then have lived in Melbourne for a total of 5 years out of the last 17. Yes, I can pay an interstate rate, but for many years I didn't even realise that! I am paying for the privelege of maintaining a membership many would be desperate to have. I am happy to be contributing to the maintenance of what I think is the greatest sports stadium in the world, and I understand that businesses still need $ to come in during the current crisis.

Yeah terrible result. Doesn't sound like the exec who are all very well paid have taken any reduction in salary. But 200k on the waiting list means they're OK with losing members, so I suppose we just have to suck it up.

I only use it for the football and still haven't paid it so I'm basically going to have to give them hundreds of dollars just so I don't lose it.

Spent $700 plus on a membership

I’m ringing up for a refund tomorrow.

8th spot and we play 2 bottom 5 teams and we lose both.

Why should I pay to sit at home and watch that sh*t on tv?

Good to see when supporters match the team on toughing it out. Has been a wild ride though!
Nah that's a cop out.

Telling any Melbourne supporter to tough it out is the biggest wank. The most underperforming sports team in memory.

If blackas wants to can his membership then all the power to him. This club gives such little joy.

Toughed it out for 15 years as a paid member myself and so glad we had that "success" in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Goody somehow stays on I implore all current members to cancel the auto renewal until he's gone.

It's the only way these campaigners will get the message.

Supporters shouldn't be the ones picking up the tab for shithouse decision after shithouse decision.

Get off your ******* arses and find some sucker sponser to do so.

Playing on supporters emotions about "having a football club to support" has run dry. Couldnt give a * if the club folded honestly, I'll happily move on with my life and just be an NFL fan instead.

This club is just about dead to me. It's not worth it, financially or spiritually.

Is there a worse performing professional sporting club in the world? Im amazed there are 37 members let alone 37,000. They don't deserve us tbh. I'm so sick and tired of going to games, watching in tv, paying for memberships, buying merch for the kids when year after year we get given broken promises, poor coaches, horrible lost management, players who clearly either aren't good enough or don't give a f***! The last two games sum up this club perfectly against 2 teams we were red hot favourites against with finals as a dangling carrot. No other club in any code would put in the performance we gave last two games. The club is broken and no one knows how to fix it.

If Goody somehow stays on I implore all current members to cancel the auto renewal until he's gone.

It's the only way these campaigners will get the message.
I hate agreeing with you on this, but I agree.

Unfortunately I'll probably be doing this.

Got a young family now, I'd rather spend the couple of grand between AFL/MFC memberships on a golf membership or buy my kid something worthwhile.

Good to see when supporters match the team on toughing it out. Has been a wild ride though!
I’ve been a member for 13 years.

Don’t tell me I haven’t toughed it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back