Membership 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I’m confusing myself now - I did mean upgrading to Premium, rather than Prime. Have now settled on Sec 63 as we were able to get pretty close to the front in that section, about 4/5 rows back. Looks like the Sec sits on the 50 metre arc, so not central but not behind the goals either. I think we will be happy there. I prioritized being closer to the front, as moving around the other sections would have been out of the sun, but seats would be higher up as unsurprisingly they are popular sections. Looking forward to seeing the game from a different perspective and being around more club members. Hopefully we have found our home now, but I guess we can always tweak it again next year if need be.

I have to say the membership team were good to deal with as well, really friendly and they sorted it out in one phone call.
We found our old ground level section good at first, but did notice a negative difference this season. Nothing terrible happened just seemed a lot of inebriated young guys liked to gob off towards us and we just started to get sick of it. As you mention the implementation of the Verandah means opposition supporters have shifted around from behind the goals too.

With all that being said we wouldn’t want to go to unlicensed – we do enjoy our overpriced vodka in the plastic cups :)
Good that you have sorted seats out and also nice to hear the membership team helping out.
With the interchange on that side of the ground you should also see more of the play.
It is my only complaint about the section i am in. At least it feels that way to me.

I am in BB 67. No obstruction great seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally have permission from the minister of finance to buy a season ticket. Hope the seat on the end of BB 67 is still available on Monday.

Will phone the membership team to upgrade on Monday.

For the last two seasons, my mate had been inquiring about the seat in section 69 next to my two at the end of our group of 6 - because the closest available seat to add on his partner was in the row behind us - and he'd been told that it wasn't available. For 3 seasons now, no one with a ticket for that seat actually sat there except for when I found that it was available for guest ticket eligible games. Figured it must have been allocated to a three-game member who just couldn't get to the games or maybe sat in an empty seat with their friend. Renewing his membership this year he enquired about it again and was told that it wasn't available and we were texting while he was on the phone to membership, I had a quick look in my email and noticed in my starred folder the guest ticket for that exact seat was section 70 and not 69- he asked them to check if that seat number in section 70 was available and it was... Bob's your uncle we now have the 7th seat officially that we have been using for the last three years. It's a little silly though that the seat number was coming up as unavailable rather than non-existent when they punched it into the system. :D

Last edited:
My partner and I decided to pick up our member merch this morning and while the scarf isn't as good as last year's brilliance I have to say the cap this year is a cracker. Good, simple and mainly maroon

My partner and I decided to pick up our member merch this morning and while the scarf isn't as good as last year's brilliance I have to say the cap this year is a cracker. Good, simple and mainly maroon

I finally had to say a sombre farewell to my fave member's cap this year, the 2010 Puma one. After a decade of faithful service and travels across many countries, even I had to admit that it simply was no longer up to the task.

I was gonna wait until I could pick up this year's cap, but a 5 min Ebay surf over the Christmas break solved my dilemma!

IMG_6107.JPG

Never had to pay for a member's cap before but needless to say I had no hesitation in setting down $20 for this beauty. (The side by side comparison is remarkable. They are exactly the same cap!)

Bring on Season 2020!

I finally had to say a sombre farewell to my fave member's cap this year, the 2010 Puma one. After a decade of faithful service and travels across many countries, even I had to admit that it simply was no longer up to the task.

I was gonna wait until I could pick up this year's cap, but a 5 min Ebay surf over the Christmas break solved my dilemma!

View attachment 814608

Never had to pay for a member's cap before but needless to say I had no hesitation in setting down $20 for this beauty. (The side by side comparison is remarkable. They are exactly the same cap!)

Bring on Season 2020!
I got one of them floating around somewhere.

View attachment 814608

Bring on Season 2020!
This one was one of my old faves.
Got retired after I got it signed by the full 2018 list. D86C033E-DF87-4AD6-84E7-F7C0EDBDA359.jpeg

View attachment 814608

Bring on Season 2020!

That looks pretty much exactly the same as this year's member cap!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we?

I beg to differ as does just about every single one of our Victorian supporter base.

Pretty clear the particular context was about Brisbane Based supporters wondering about the sun.

Had 2 tickets last year, for a mate and I, got 5 this year because of friends/casual fans jumping on board full time, i prefer not to call them bandwagoners, all are welcome, I have watched the Lions for enough years be mediocre infront of a half empty stadium with no atmosphere, looking forward to an exciting year.

Another thing i think we will see this year is a lot of QLDers who arent necessarily Lions fans, but fans of another club, buying a membership because they just want to watch good footy live. 2 of the tickets in my post mentioned above are people who fall into that boat. Vics who live up here and count the Lions as their 2nd team, type of stuff.

Another thing i think we will see this year is a lot of QLDers who arent necessarily Lions fans, but fans of another club, buying a membership because they just want to watch good footy live. 2 of the tickets in my post mentioned above are people who fall into that boat. Vics who live up here and count the Lions as their 2nd team, type of stuff.
Not to mention the finals tickets that come with it.

I'm in 69 in row AA and I love my seats generally, never have a problem with the sun and I quite like sitting around half-forward usually. Learning that my regular seats were considered restricted view when the finals came around was a bit of a shock though and I realise now, yeah they are the way you have to peer between the safety barrier but it's never really bothered me for the benefit of leaning over the fence and yelling.

Getting centre wing seats on the northern side of the ground was a great experience though as I could see both ends equally well and rarely had to look at the screen to see what was going on compared to my usual seats. That northern side is steeper tiered then on the southern wing though so even though my seats were half way up the second tier the view was amazing because it was still pretty close to the ground. Even though you get further away as you go up on the southern side, I still don't think there is a bad seat on centre wing in the elevated section even if you were in the back row but I can't say that for certain.

I've always wondered about AA and the barrier, and whether it's obstructive, I guess it all depends on a persons height. I can understand they are perfect seats for standing and yelling/cheering and of course waving the scarf around! I ended up getting seats in EE so I think those will be good, my sister is not real good with heights so I had to keep that in mind (although I'm sure after a few vodkas she would be fine even in row ZZ) ;)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've always wondered about AA and the barrier, and whether it's obstructive, I guess it all depends on a persons height. I can understand they are perfect seats for standing and yelling/cheering and of course waving the scarf around! I ended up getting seats in EE so I think those will be good, my sister is not real good with heights so I had to keep that in mind (although I'm sure after a few vodkas she would be fine even in row ZZ) ;)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unless you’re 5 foot tall the barrier isn’t an issue. Sit there in the Gabba members section for afl and cricket and never have a problem.

the bonus is that AA is cheaper for a lot of things. Was half the price (I think) of BB for the finals games.

Ok so my first world problem is.

Section 66 or 65 row AA on the rail, but the seats are basically smack bang in the middle of the front row.

or

Section 65 row BB, second seat in from the isle.

So one seat is really easy to access, but I will have half the row squeezing past.

Either of the other two seats, presumably have more leg room, but I’ve got to squeeze past half a row to get to either one.

What are people’s thoughts on the dilemma?

Section 66 or 65 row AA on the rail, but the seats are basically smack bang in the middle of the front row.

or

So one seat is really easy to access, but I will have half the row squeezing past.

Either of the other two seats, presumably have more leg room, but I’ve got to squeeze past half a row to get to either one.

Bit more walking space in the front row so the squeeze shouldn't be as traumatic right?

or

Porque no los dos?

Attachments

• taco_girl.jpeg
    taco_girl.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16

or

Have been sitting in section 46 row AA pretty much in the middle seats of the row for the past 15 years.

Not sure how tall you are but I’m 6’3 and AA has heaps of leg room and in the middle you don’t have to worry about half the row going past you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back