Membership 2020

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did an email get sent out for information on getting tickets to Saturday's game? Very disappointed to log onto the membership portal today and find that Saturday's ballot closed on Monday. I swear an email prompted me to enter the ballot for the last home game... I've been checking my emails every morning for the past week and have received nothing. Really disappointing to miss out tbh. Especially as a pledged member...
Email was sent.
Maybe check your junk mail see if it ended up there

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did an email get sent out for information on getting tickets to Saturday's game? Very disappointed to log onto the membership portal today and find that Saturday's ballot closed on Monday. I swear an email prompted me to enter the ballot for the last home game... I've been checking my emails every morning for the past week and have received nothing. Really disappointing to miss out tbh. Especially as a pledged member...

Yeah email was sent on 30th July advising of the ticket ballot.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Yes. Was sent out late last week or weekend.

Yep found it - buried between other Lions emails. completely overlooked that email last week - how annoying. Stupid outlook sorts my emails in a dumb way so some emails don't appear on my phone.

Anyway is what it is. Hopefully I can get to the next home game.
Bummer!

Yep found it - buried between other Lions emails. completely overlooked that email last week - how annoying. Stupid outlook sorts my emails in a dumb way so some emails don't appear on my phone.

Anyway is what it is. Hopefully I can get to the next home game.

Maybe try contacting the club ASAP tomorrow - I don't believe they have filled the ballot quota yet, so they might be able to help you out.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Anyone get this email with a survey about membership options for next year? The email is from the Lions but it appears to be an AFL survey.

There are 10 different scenarios presented and you have to pick from 3 different options or "None". They range from horrendous value to even worse.

$900 for an 11 game membership., no reserved seat but alternating seats within a "member bay", etc. Some are more expensive, some are less.

Are they planning for not full stadiums next year and therefore Membership being more exclusive?

If this is indicative of what is on the cards for next year then I'll be considering not buying a membership and I'm about as die hard as it gets.

Interested in other's thoughts.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys

Was definitely an email. Came last Thursday morning.

Anyone get this email with a survey about membership options for next year? The email is from the Lions but it appears to be an AFL survey.

There are 10 different scenarios presented and you have to pick from 3 different options or "None". They range from horrendous value to even worse.

$900 for an 11 game membership., no reserved seat but alternating seats within a "member bay", etc. Some are more expensive, some are less.

Are they planning for not full stadiums next year and therefore Membership being more exclusive?

If this is indicative of what is on the cards for next year then I'll be considering not buying a membership and I'm about as die hard as it gets.

Interested in other's thoughts.
I've gotten it too. It's all over the place. I hadn't considered it being a "next year if there's still COVID" thing but you might be on to something. Plenty of mine were ridiculous but some of them in mine were actually ridiculous in the opposite direction - reserved seat, grand final entrance, $150.

I was guessing they were distributed to find out what people value the most without explicitly asking.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I've gotten it too. It's all over the place. I hadn't considered it being a "next year if there's still COVID" thing but you might be on to something. Plenty of mine were ridiculous but some of them in mine were actually ridiculous in the opposite direction - reserved seat, grand final entrance, $150.

I was guessing they were distributed to find out what people value the most without explicitly asking.
Worth collecting the data for sure. Different priorities. Paying $100 for a seat at the footy is not something that I'll be involved in though, and I am single with no kids!

Last edited:

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Found it hard to pick any options presented. Just want access to all home games in my reserved seat, with priority access to finals seats. Not that hard surely.

If that survey is any indication you'll be paying almost double for the privilege in 2021! Personally picked 4 - None for 3/4 of the scenarios.

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If that survey is any indication you'll be paying almost double for the privilege in 2021! Personally picked 4 - None for 3/4 of the scenarios.
Yep I don’t think $80 per game just for me without the same seat( just in that bay) would get me over the line. Let alone what it would be for son ( every game) and rest of the family (few times a year.)Is the club or AFL trying to recoup everything in a year?

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Yep I don’t think $80 per game just for me without the same seat( just in that bay) would get me over the line. Let alone what it would be for son ( every game) and rest of the family (few times a year.)Is the club or AFL trying to recoup everything in a year?
Figuring out the max amount they can squeeze out of the die hards before we put away our wallets.

Nov 25, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Just did the survey,as a member of 24 years I would be pretty unimpressed if we had to give up our regular seats as seems to be the case with almost all options ,as Cat C seating seemed to be the go to.
As noted almost all options were pretty unpalatable and I left a lengthy response in comments at the end as to those thoughts.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I wouldn’t read too much into the survey.

They aren’t going to charge 800 dollars for an 8 game membership.

It’s just a sampling technique to see how people value all the various individual aspects of membership products. They keep giving you various combinations of price and benefits to test what your relative priorities are.

Perhaps they should have communicated that better to avoid worrying people but these sorts of sampling models work better the less the participants understand about how it works.

Perhaps they should have communicated that better to avoid worrying people but these sorts of sampling models work better the less the participants understand about how it works.
I still want to pay $150 for a reserved seat and grand final access, and if I don't get it I'll riot!

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
This was the only option that remotely appealed to me.

I to left a lengthy reply at the end.

6C43138C-2541-4A44-9391-DCC6F63BC880.jpeg

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls

Yes I think so too. With COVID likely to impact on the season next year they'll need to work out how to structure things. There are examples of other sports and businesses that don't change membership or subscription models despite changing environments and demand that get into problems pretty quickly

Yeah I could only laugh as I kept clicking that I wouldn’t renew if those were the choices. Especially the ones where you paid and got 0 games included.

And I told them as a platinum member that my choice to walk away from being a recurring premium / A category seat member over this should be pretty damning of their suggestions. But considering we are buying two adult and a kids ticket, to get access to 11 games was closing in on $200 extra per ticket in the cheapest of the proposed scenarios - no it’s all getting too expensive.

Lions_Insider if you’re still lurking in the background - that survey was a joke.

Back