Membership 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Yeah I could only laugh as I kept clicking that I wouldn’t renew if those were the choices. Especially the ones where you paid and got 0 games included.

And I told them as a platinum member that my choice to walk away from being a recurring premium / A category seat member over this should be pretty damning of their suggestions. But considering we are buying two adult and a kids ticket, to get access to 11 games was closing in on $200 extra per ticket in the cheapest of the proposed scenarios - no it’s all getting too expensive.

Lions_Insider if you’re still lurking in the background - that survey was a joke.

Read my earlier post explaining how this type of survey technique works.

Those aren’t actually seriously proposed packages. They are trying to get very specific information.

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Read my earlier post explaining how this type of survey technique works.

Those aren’t actually seriously proposed packages. They are trying to get very specific information.
Could have just asked what do you value the most from your membership. Then asked from our 4-5 options which would suit your situation.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Could have just asked what do you value the most from your membership. Then asked from our 4-5 options which would suit your situation.

Nowhere near as much nuanced insight from that sort of model. Sometimes people don’t really understand their own motivations when they are overly simplified like that.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did an email get sent out for information on getting tickets to Saturday's game? Very disappointed to log onto the membership portal today and find that Saturday's ballot closed on Monday. I swear an email prompted me to enter the ballot for the last home game... I've been checking my emails every morning for the past week and have received nothing. Really disappointing to miss out tbh. Especially as a pledged member...
Tickets still appear to be available on Ticketek

Edit: just noticed bit late ...

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pledged my September membership for this year thinking it was really just a sunk cost/donation to the Club at the time. As it turns out it has been fantastic. I have managed to get a balloted ticket to every game at the Gabba so far and have also taken advantage of the member access (with paid tickets) to our Metricon games - much better than I ever anticipated and I have seen every Lions game in Queensland this year - far more games than a normal season.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Pledged my September membership for this year thinking it was really just a sunk cost/donation to the Club at the time. As it turns out it has been fantastic. I have managed to get a balloted ticket to every game at the Gabba so far and have also taken advantage of the member access (with paid tickets) to our Metricon games - much better than I ever anticipated and I have seen every Lions game in Queensland this year - far more games than a normal season.
Same...for selfish reasons this year has been good as we've got to see more games than usual with a couple at Metricon which is 15 mins from home. Can't believe Melbourne clubs get this every year!

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Same...for selfish reasons this year has been good as we've got to see more games than usual with a couple at Metricon which is 15 mins from home. Can't believe Melbourne clubs get this every year!
The Lions members down here couldn’t have been more disadvantaged if we’d tried. Won’t see them at all this year and more than likely next year if things don’t drastically change.

Great for you lot but to say it doesn’t sting would be a massive understatement.

Just curious apart from the Eagles game has anyone here actually been unsuccessful in a home game ballot so far this year?

Yes - we didn't get tickets to the first two balloted games. By the third game they said there was a problem with groups of more than four people, even though you could nominate for six. Up to three hours before they game they were still manually sending out tickets - we got ours that morning. Poor staff members were getting hammered.

The first few games had less people so not sure if it was the six people thing that was the problem or we were just super unlucky.

Have you got today's ballot email yet? I got one yesterday saying it would be here by ten am but nothing so far.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Have you got today's ballot email yet? I got one yesterday saying it would be here by ten am but nothing so far.
The one I got yesterday was the ballot email Gadz, there was a link in it to the ballot that you could access today at 10am, I'm pretty sure there will be no 2nd email coming today.

Yes - we didn't get tickets to the first two balloted games. By the third game they said there was a problem with groups of more than four people, even though you could nominate for six. Up to three hours before they game they were still manually sending out tickets - we got ours that morning. Poor staff members were getting hammered.

The first few games had less people so not sure if it was the six people thing that was the problem or we were just super unlucky.

I was unable to enter the ballot for the Eagles, Crows and Port games due to legal reasons, but I have been successful in the last two home games (with a ballot group of 4 then 6). I'm just a bit worried because I have 7 other people wanting to enter the ballot for the game against the scum which is more than the permitted 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious apart from the Eagles game has anyone here actually been unsuccessful in a home game ballot so far this year?
Consider myself and 1 other, very lucky as we have got into every game so far (touch wood).
Especially with this game being against Collingwood, I don’t want to speak too soon and push my luck.
I am sure there will be lots of the scummy’s there taking ticket numbers off us.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Lion's memberships section is on the fritz for me. Let's me login, but doesn't show anything on the page, then when i click ballot information it says '403 Forbidden'.. lol anyone else experiencing this?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
The Lion's memberships section is on the fritz for me. Let's me login, but doesn't show anything on the page, then when i click ballot information it says '403 Forbidden'.. lol anyone else experiencing this?
Message on Twitter saying they are aware of it, and hope to have it rectified by tomorrow.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Consider myself and 1 other, very lucky as we have got into every game so far (touch wood).
Especially with this game being against Collingwood, I don’t want to speak too soon and push my luck.
I am sure there will be lots of the scummy’s there taking ticket numbers off us.
Surely we have a set percentage allocated to us as the home team.

Pretty sure that’s how it’s been in the past.

And I’m guessing more than a few members have been asked by friends or colleagues if they can get them tickets for the game.

I know I took the option for two extra tickets.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gees , missed out on the ballot,didn't notice the time was up yesterday.
Might give them a ring today and try and get in, I mean we have pledged so why shouldn't we get out tickets without all this fuss.
Maybe I'm getting it wrong and it's all about the club and not the paying supporters.
The game is Saturday week if I'm not wrong.
Okay next Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back