Membership 2020

Whats the chances those who pledged get an 'exclusive benefit' (as per their original email to retain members) to grand final tickets before the general public? :)
September and pledged members will get first crack for Lions tickets without doubt.

I am a September pledged member, but I also hope the club gives priority to those who were members during our really lean run between 2015-2017 over people who just signed up this year because we are winning.

I am a September pledged member, but I also hope the club gives priority to those who were members during our really lean run between 2015-2017 over people who just signed up this year because we are winning.

Ten years ago the post premiership bandwagoneers were leaving in droves, Five years ago couldn't find anyone (outside of this highly intelligent group) to talk footy to, and now have friends saying they've always loved footy and how much are memberships.

Love the $, and the atmosphere they bring but have ground a few on my teeth down when smiling inanely during these conversations.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ten years ago the post premiership bandwagoneers were leaving in droves, Five years ago couldn't find anyone (outside of this highly intelligent group) to talk footy to, and now have friends saying they've always loved footy and how much are memberships.

Love the $, and the atmosphere they bring but have ground a few on my teeth down when smiling inanely during these conversations.

Absolutely correct. What's even more frustrating is being grouped with those 'bandwagoners' when I've been here ever from the start of 2008, riding every victory & loss. Bigfooty is when I learned there were peope like me who enjoyed talking about the game.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Below from AFL site

2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final Tickets
The 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final will be played at night at the Gabba on Saturday, October 24. The official start time of the 2020 Grand Final will be determined at a later date.

Club Members
All club members will be communicated to by their club regarding eligibility and the process for Grand FInal ticketing in the coming weeks.

AFL Members
AFL Members will be communicated to directly by AFL Membership regarding eligibility and the process for Grand Final ticketing in the coming weeks.

General Public
Grand Final Packages

There is currently no scheduled on-sale for the General Public to purchase Grand Final tickets, however if this changes all relevant information will be updated here.

Alternatively, General Public can purchase Grand Final packages here.

I signed up in 2011 (the first year of my adult life) the same year all the Fev bandwagoners jumped off.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

My sister and her kids, my mum and myself have been members since day dot of the Brisbane Lions down here in Melbourne. Unfortunately it does not record me as being a member since the inception of the Brisbane Lions though as at the demise of the Fitzroy Football Club the AFL then offered Fitzroy members the opportunity back then to purchase and become an AFL restricted member ( which i put Brisbane as my supporting club) which then allowed me to skip the waiting list, which i gladly jumped at but for some reason did not record me as a member at the start. Only when i cancelled my AFL membership and joined as a Brisbane Lion member through the club did it then start my run as a member.

My sister and her kids, my mum and myself have been members since day dot of the Brisbane Lions down here in Melbourne. Unfortunately it does not record me as being a member since the inception of the Brisbane Lions though as at the demise of the Fitzroy Football Club the AFL then offered Fitzroy members the opportunity back then to purchase and become an AFL restricted member ( which i put Brisbane as my supporting club) which then allowed me to skip the waiting list, which i gladly jumped at but for some reason did not record me as a member at the start. Only when i cancelled my AFL membership and joined as a Brisbane Lion member through the club did it then start my run as a member.

when things like access to finals tickets is impacted by years of membership they should get it right. Doesn’t feel right that you didn’t get lions acknowledgement from the start.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
when things like access to finals tickets is impacted by years of membership they should get it right. Doesn’t feel right that you didn’t get lions acknowledgement from the start.
Only reason why i found out was people were receiving gold membership awhile ago and i was on silver and thats when i queried and found out.

What he's describing is pretty standard though, isn't it? AFL membership is not the same as club membership and doesn't get counted as such?

What he's describing is pretty standard though, isn't it? AFL membership is not the same as club membership and doesn't get counted as such?

The afl membership meant you still got to go to other afl games right? while joining the lions meant only six games a year (at the time, and we all know it’s even less now). I wouldn’t want to just stop going to games cause my team moved away. hell, I go suns games.

If the afl membership got access to the lions games it wouldn’t be a stretch to skip the direct lions membership.

Given how tough the fans had it with their team moving away surely a bit of largess from the new identity is appropriate. It wouldn’t be many

Is anyone else having grief trying to pay for additional tickets from the ballot?

The Payment Option field is blanked out and I can't do anything with it, and that leaves the Pay Now button inactive. :mad::'(

I tried to call the club but apparently there is 48 hour turn-around on callbacks. :(:rolleyes:

How do the Giants have more members than us? We came in 2nd last behind GWS, North etc; with Suns firmly in the last spot.
Much bigger catchment. More focus on short and cheaper memberships. Not sure about the relative cost, but it could be less too.

Gotta factor in Canberra memberships too. Plenty of people I know were fans of other teams but purchased 3 game Giants memberships to go to games in Canberra.

Yeah, I mentally threw that under "bigger catchment".

I had a similar issue. Joined the club from inception as a full AFL member with Lions Club Support package and then a few years later the club said due to a problem with their database they couldn't confirm when I became a member so they would only count it from that later date. Fortunately I had kept my old AFL membership cards showing me as a club support member and the key ring issued to foundation members back in 1997 and after sending them copies and extensive toing and froing eventually I convinced them to accept that I was a foundation member. Took quite an effort though.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Bummer. I've been a Foundation Member of the Brisbane Lions since our inception in 97 and to be honest there are few, if any perks. The only perk that springs to mind was access to purchase a one off special jumper a number of years back.

Back