Membership 2020

Coming off a very poor season.

If they show encouraging signs during the pre-season and early parts of the H&A season, I think they may get a big rise in numbers.

I know that, but to go sub north isn't good for a club like melbourne

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder why Pies are reticent about posting membership figures??? They used to trumpet the numbers on a regular basis.
They didn't really display them last season either even thought it was record breaking, might be wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Just got upgraded from my flexi member 5 game membership to a full membership in my 7th year.
I grabbed a Blue and Gold terrace membership row 8 seat 30, would someone who is a member in this area give me some info on what's on offer in this area...cheers

Happy Eagles full member after 7 years !!

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It seems likely the Corona Virus will have an effect on late membership buyers with the fan lockout in place!
Clubs need their fans to sign up more than ever before. If you’re rightly procrastinating on whether to buy or not, buy a 3 game package for the back half of the season or a digital type / non match day option. Clubs will find it very difficult to get it through this without its membership revenue coming through..,

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Clubs need their fans to sign up more than ever before. If you’re rightly procrastinating on whether to buy or not, buy a 3 game package for the back half of the season or a digital type / non match day option. Clubs will find it very difficult to get it through this without its membership revenue coming through..,
Only problem is new members aren't really getting anything for their money because of the attendance ban. Buying a non matchday membership isn't going to bring much revenue for the clubs.
Buying a membership in the current circumstances is essentially just a donation.

Last edited:

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Only problem is new members aren't really getting anything for their money because of the attendance ban. Buying a non matchday membership isn't going to bring much revenue for the clubs.
Concern is if the remaining 10-15% don’t sign up from here (1) and on flip side the positive impact new members add to the bottom line by joining. If 20,000 Essendon fans for instance buy a 4 game membership at around $75. That’s $1.5M . That’s Big dollars.

Back