Membership 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

John Olsen will be on AA breaky talking about membership issues this morning
Huh?

Something has gone wrong and a senior member of the club is fronting the media to explain the issue?

That's weird. Usually they go silent and then a week later our CEO Tweets some positive fluff about an adorable kitten he saw.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You’d think the AFL might do some homework......
It is timing.

Most Calandars are sold before the end of the year, especially Christmas time.

Trade Period is October.

They seem to select players before this period to make the deadline to design, print, distribute, sell.

It is timing.

Most Calandars are sold before the end of the year, especially Christmas time.

Trade Period is October.

They seem to select players before this period to make the deadline to design, print, distribute, sell.

From what I remember hearing they start producing them in August/September to get them out in time, which probably means you're in June/July when you're actually designing them and picking what players to use.

This has been an issue at the club for years. The membership lines phones have always been understaffed. Even calling outside of peak periods is a painful experience where the queue is exhausted and you just get an engaged signal.

The club needs to invest some serious resources into their membership team.

You mean their customer service team

The whole pod thing is stupid anyway when you can use the same toilets and go to the same food outlets as other pods.
The whole thing is stupid when you see how jam packed places like the train station will be after the game

C’mon you two you’re not allowed to question this stuff. It all makes perfect sense.

To be on the safe side you’d think you’d stick to players that are not trade bait, or out of contract.

Or never, EVER leaving.

Like David Mackay.

Or even just players that supporters actually like, want to watch play and are getting AFL games. So not Rory Atkins or Riley Knight

I know people who have got their membership packs including tickets in the last week or two, so they are on the way.

I'm guessing they had to wait a long time to print them, once seating info was known.

My non-ticketed pack was registered with Australia Post in the first week of February and I was notified via the Auspost app, but I think this is because my club membership email matches my Australia Post email so it was linked. I think this just means the club has registered the shipping label, not necessarily that they have sent the item, and non-ticketed membership packs shouldn't be the priority so I'm good waiting for that one.

What they should have done is said they were going all in on the digital ticket this year (card to come in the mail but because of covid and seating issues they WILL be late), launched a new simple membership/ticket app (scan app or print a unique barcode for each match), don't have a smart phone? Let them know that there will be more than the usual amount of ticket collection areas at Adelaide Oval, not just the day of the match, but on the Friday before the game as well.

They might already do some of the above, but it's not been well publicised, people just want to know what is wrong, that you know it's wrong and what you are doing about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Barcodes all “invalid”

Perhaps the AFL have declared our entire team and membership invalid?

We are Essential Crows, general admission. Is this problem purely for Essential Crows?

Last edited:
Yep same here.

My Dad was only able to get my father in laws but not the rest. Both my father in law and I are sma members so dont know wh his would work and not mine. Hes now sitting by himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back