Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we going for membership numbers so far, anyone know? had a quick look, couldn't see any anywhere.

As for our gift pack, I'd be happy with just a lanyard and sticker.....they can keep their pin, what a useless piece of gear that is. Straight in the bin every time.

Haven't got mine yet but had an email saying should be here by 17th, so hopefully todays the day.
Hi MacMum,
I agree with your interest in following the numbers, was great to compare year from year and watch us increase.
Not sure why they stopped posting the numbers on the Lions main page , and can't see them even if you go into the membership site.
Mind you still pretty early in the year, guessing all of the staff would only be back this week.

I don’t expect those who have been members for less than 10 years to understand where I’m coming from, but as someone who has been a member since the merger to get just a sticker and a pin is abysmal.
I've been a member for 30 years and don't understand ;-) Only joking. I do understand really but for me, the less disposable tat in my life the better.

I'm fortunate enough to already have my Platinum lanyard/s but there is no reason to wear it anymore. Not interested in the stickers but like the pins as I put them on my favorite Lions cap. Cat getting a bit heavier every year.

Think the scarves able to be purchased should reflect your membership status. Again I have an old platinum one but last years was generic.

I dead set miss the fixture fridge magnet. Our family always reverted to it when planning things in our social life. I no we can print it out and put it somewhere but we just dont and whenever your planning something Im always googling the damn Lions fixture.

Bring back the fixture frdge magnet Lions !!!

I dead set miss the fixture fridge magnet. Our family always reverted to it when planning things in our social life. I no we can print it out and put it somewhere but we just dont and whenever your planning something Im always googling the damn Lions fixture.

Bring back the fixture frdge magnet Lions !!!
You will need to wind it back to "AFL scrap the rolling fixture!" - then you will get your fridge magnet back.

How true, but you do know on what weekend and weather you are playing home or away which is a guide inofitself, but point taken.
Don't worry, my wife misses those fridge magnets herself, because she knows she can't rely on me to update her old school analog calendar that hangs on the fridge.

Well, if nothing else the membership pack was on time....just got it out of letterbox. They said it would be the 17th:heavycheck:

..it was in a lovely solid envelope in Lions colours advertising MacMums 2023 membership:heavycheck:

..upon opening I got a lovely BIG sticker that had GOLD written for the bottom part of the 2. It will need cutting back like last years one, cropped on both sides:heavycheck:

Who decided we wouldn't want our team lanyard?:heavymultiply:

(...but then again, who needs a gold lanyard, I don't. When I reached bronze i got a prominant bronze colour lanyard that looked like I followed Hawks. I like my lanyards to show the strong main colours of my team. I shall continue to use 2020 one, best of the lot imo.)

..and a pin, much bigger than usual but still, nah...:heavymultiply:

Compare the pair.

Top photo - 2022 generic ‘member’ lanyard, no membership card. Makes me feel like I’m nothing but a number. No use other than for.. dunno really.

Bottom photo - 2020 gold member lanyard, with membership card attached. Made me feel proud to be a Lion/member, taking my lanyard off so I could scan my card allowing me to enter the battle ground.

Attachments

• BE4225E3-EC4F-4BA6-B241-A043D66D2177.jpeg
    BE4225E3-EC4F-4BA6-B241-A043D66D2177.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
Compare the pair.

Top photo - 2022 generic ‘member’ lanyard, no membership card. Makes me feel like I’m nothing but a number. No use other than for.. dunno really.

Bottom photo - 2020 gold member lanyard, with membership card attached. Made me feel proud to be a Lion/member, taking my lanyard off so I could scan my card allowing me to enter the battle ground.
I ticked the green box so opted not to receive anything the last few years.
Does the 2022 lanyard have a clip at the end? I can't tell from the image.
If so, transfer Hugh McCluggage card over then you have something that has "Gold" mentioned.

My daughter and i requested a seat change via the Lions web site in October.
Was granted our 3rd choice being section 421. This was okay but was outside the "Members Only" sections of 423-425 i was hoping for.
After being allocated the 3rd choice i pretended to buy online a double seat in those 3 members sections. Just to see what else was available.
Sure enough at that time nothing was available within 10 rows of the front which was as far back as i was prepared to take.

I decided to check again today and to my surprise there were quite a few doubles available in sections 423-425 within 10 rows of the front.
Possibly members not renewing their membership.
Rang membership department today and spoke to Georgia.
Georgia was excellent, and we are now in Section 424 EE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter and i requested a seat change via the Lions web site in October.
Was granted our 3rd choice being section 421. This was okay but was outside the "Members Only" sections of 423-425 i was hoping for.
After being allocated the 3rd choice i pretended to buy online a double seat in those 3 members sections. Just to see what else was available.
Sure enough at that time nothing was available within 10 rows of the front which was as far back as i was prepared to take.

I decided to check again today and to my surprise there were quite a few doubles available in sections 423-425 within 10 rows of the front.
Possibly members not renewing their membership.
Rang membership department today and spoke to Georgia.
Georgia was excellent, and we are now in Section 424 EE
Great seats you won’t be disappointed there.

How does the Lions decide on our game Membership prices. I don't know exactly but some information below gives us a better understanding.
Lots of other revenue source may come into play but i thought this information from a Stadium Queensland Taskforce report was interesting.

Ever wondered what costs are involved in staging an AFL game day or other Gabba events. You probably haven't but it does affect us all.
Costs of course are passed on to the Lions and other venue hire people like say a concert event promoter add cricket.
With these costs in mind the Brisbane Lions then need to calculate what's a fair price to charge for game membership.
The idea is to make a profit, but this is largely (but not entirely) determined on the Lions ladder position year to year.
Good ladder position = most likely a reasonable profit. Bad position bottom 4 = most likely a loss or break even

Stadium Queensland (SQ) call these costs Event Day Costs. They are paid by the hirer (Lions)
These costs include inside stadium and outside stadium costs. Also, a small contribution for the maintenance costs of the venue.
Lucky for the Lions, the outside stadium costs are subsidized by other Qld. Government department/s to the tune of 14% to 20% of total outside costs.

The last SQ taskforce report that i could find was back in 2018. So, my information is from this report. Link Below
Below information will show % as they are more constant and would be fairly accurate in today's market. You may be surprised at what's included.
The % are for a combined average number from Suncorp, The Gabba & Cbus Super Stadium.
Also, a chart of the Operating Model - Venue Services. Most is outsourced.
The report (118 pages) includes recommendations but i have no way of knowing if they were implicated except for one.
They recommended "Naming Rights" to The Gabba stadium to generate a good revenue source.
That was talked about some years ago by the government, but nothing came of it that i am aware of.

1674176604178.png 1674176604178.png
1674176713141.png
1674178270006.png

This pillowcase was in a kid membership pack in 2009.

Best ever membership gift. Way better than the rubbish that goes straight to the bin.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE KIDS PILLOWCASE. LET THEM FALL ASLEEP DREAMING OF THE LIONS.

Also want them to bring back the pink zip front girls hoodie. Was awesome, and would buy for the daughter and granddaughter.

Attachments

• IMG20230121125902.jpg
    IMG20230121125902.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
Got mine the other day just got a sticker and a pin.

And wasteful packaging that goes straight to landfill. It's ridiculous.

Would rather they upped the lions shop voucher and have stickers available through the shop (they probably already are).

Got our membership packs today, very underwhelming, don't mind the car sticker, pointless pin and an iron on Platinum member patch:rolleyes:.

Bring back the membership cards please, if not just get rid of the pack for adults, give out an upgraded kids pack and give a discount merchandise voucher barcode for adults.

Got our membership packs today, very underwhelming, don't mind the car sticker, pointless pin and an iron on Platinum member patch:rolleyes:.

Bring back the membership cards please, if not just get rid of the pack for adults, give out an upgraded kids pack and give a discount merchandise voucher barcode for adults.

You do have the choice of opting out of receiving anything physical for the m'ship pack.

I know the stuff you get in the m'ship packs isnt to everyone's liking but, personally, I love the car stickers (usually, just not this season's) and the pins. I also like the keyring you get in the women's team pack. Wouldn't mind if the men's pack was to include a pen also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back