Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Heads up that 3 game members can now obtain tickets... we have 1 3 game member and I just booked her tickets for the Demons and Pies games.... no free tickets for those 2 games as they are classified as marquee games.

Hey guys, is there a marketplace or thread for selling/forwarding member tickets? Few games I can't go to but looks like forwarding a ticket is the only option.
I have 2 tickets to the Gather Round game at Mt Barker that I am happy to forward on to a Lions fan. I contacted the Club hoping to be able to donate them back to the Lions but the tickets have to go back to Ticketek. I have contacted them and am not expecting a response.

I have 2 tickets to the Gather Round game at Mt Barker that I am happy to forward on to a Lions fan. I contacted the Club hoping to be able to donate them back to the Lions but the tickets have to go back to Ticketek. I have contacted them and am not expecting a response.

I found if you put “$50,000 donation to BBFC” in the email subject it will be at least read. Whether you get a response is another thing.

Would love a Vic, versus Brisbane breakdown, as that number is higher than available seats at the Gabba.
We know the Club (all clubs actually) won't give a breakup of membership types.
However, it would be good to know some figures for both Lions & Swans numbers being relocated Melbourne clubs.

The high number is because of 3 game memberships.
With that early figure, and another good on field year, we could reach 50K.

I always want to know how many reserved season memberships, but not available of course.
That is a good guide to the loyal fan base.

That is a good number at this time of the year.
The Brisbane fickle AFL base like winners. So, let's hope we have another good year.

Wtf is with this assumption of fickle Brisbane based Lions supporters? All teams have bandwagoners, not just us. Plus, anyone with a brain can easily see that AFL is a vastly superior code.

Wtf is with this assumption of fickle Brisbane based Lions supporters? All teams have bandwagoners, not just us. Plus, anyone with a brain can easily see that AFL is a vastly superior code.

I don't see why fans shouldnt be fickle. There are so many good things to do in Brisbane during that glorious period of 23 degree winter sunny days. Clubs should be reminded that their role is not to uphold tradition by blowing a bunch of smoke up some old peoples ass until they become irrelevant. It is about serving the community they are in and providing a product that will win over fans. Fans being fickle is the only way you get the club to keep trying to remain competitive and engaged.

39,200 members per the chairman's update just emailed to members.

The line for the bus after games is going to be horrendous this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's true.
Same applies to Broncos/Roar/Reds

Because it's true.
Same applies to Broncos/Roar/Reds
+ The Dolphins have started winning.

I started as a bandwagon Lions supporter and have stuck around, I think that would be the path a lot of supporters have taken over the years, especially in non AFL states.

I don't see why fans shouldnt be fickle. There are so many good things to do in Brisbane during that glorious period of 23 degree winter sunny days. Clubs should be reminded that their role is not to uphold tradition by blowing a bunch of smoke up some old peoples ass until they become irrelevant. It is about serving the community they are in and providing a product that will win over fans. Fans being fickle is the only way you get the club to keep trying to remain competitive and engaged.
Their are all sorts of reasons why, but the good weather during winter is a big factor as you mention
Ladder position and actually winning at home is the main reason for crowds being up/down
The club don't release membership breakups but at a guess it is the 3 game membership that fluctuate greatly during the good/bad years.

People that follow AFL but are time poor be it family or other reasons find the time to attend matches when we are winning
Unlike Melbourne all games are on FTA to watch live or on replay if that fits in with kids sports and a trip to the beach etc.

Bought myself and my son a Melbourne membership this season. Used to attend at least 3 or 4 games anyway. Hoping to get up for a game at the gabba. Are there any games 'out of bounds' for Vic members attending gabba?

Bought myself and my son a Melbourne membership this season. Used to attend at least 3 or 4 games anyway. Hoping to get up for a game at the gabba. Are there any games 'out of bounds' for Vic members attending gabba?
I don’t understand why a game would be “out of bounds” for someone interstate.

I don’t understand why a game would be “out of bounds” for someone interstate.
Because Victorian memberships are treated similar to GA three game memberships for the Gabba the club will sometimes rule out certain games because they expect it to be a sell out.

Because Victorian memberships are treated similar to GA three game memberships for the Gabba the club will sometimes rule out certain games because they expect it to be a sell out.
I got a Vic membership. As far as I know I'll be able to go to the Collingwood and Essendon games in the next few weeks using my membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back