Roast Membership door knock

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the hollow rhetoric in the card 'signed' by Jobe was a bit rich considering he was a primary culprit of the spiritless mindset before he called his season short.

Wut.

Watson was a shell of his former self in 2015 - To say otherwise is overlooking the obvious.

Yes he was, he did come across as burned out by all the ASADA/WADA stuff which is understandable, I only took to the suggesting that he wasn't trying, okay he played below his normal standards but not trying isn't something I would suggest with Jobe particularly considering the circumstances.

Don't take me out of context.

He was. This year. Do you believe he gave close to 100%? Do you believe he played with heart?

I certainly don't and I don't think he is untouchable or a sacred cow.

He let the team down IMO.

This is in stark contrast to his previous years where he gave so much.
I love Jobe and know that he could be seen to be letting the team down last season. I don't think your view is unreasonable. However I think sometimes that Jobe has so much heart and that he gave so much prior to this year that when WADA appealled, he realised the batteries were running on empty and he could not continue to lead the team. Everyone knew the season was shot and the best thing he could do for the team was get himself right for 2016.

Personally, I view it as inevitable that something would give after so long dealing with the saga as captain. I view it as commendable that he last 2 and half years, not spiritless or letting the team down that he eventually cracked. But I respect your view regardless.

He was. This year. Do you believe he gave close to 100%? Do you believe he played with heart?

He let the team down did he?

Worst statement I've ever read in 10 years on this site.

Unbelievable.

Just what we need in life. More clowns at our doorstep trying to sell us something.

Desperate measures call for dumb and desperate ideas.

And here we have the 2nd worst statement I've ever read.

Dumb and desperate hey?

Lol

Completely agree. Jobe failed in his role as leader this year.

Prior to that he was carrying a lot of blokes.

Completely agree. Jobe failed in his role as leader this year.

Prior to that he was carrying a lot of blokes.

I'd like to see how you handle pressure like that in your job.

Not many of us here would get through it.

Saying he failed is just way too harsh.

Are they coming to tassie or just going to post them as the club don't spend much time in tassie

I'm serious. How in the hell can you possibly say Watson let the club down?

It's the complete opposite of that in reality.

I'm serious. How in the hell can you possibly say Watson let the club down?

It's the complete opposite of that in reality.

I was personally so disappointed with him this year. I really felt he made a choice to stop playing with heart. All us die-hard fans have had these past few years is a glimmer of hope on the field. When he came out and said he wasn't enjoying football after dropping his efforts I just thought "yeah you're hurt but how much are you getting paid to do your job?"

I get that he was burnt... I just can't reconcile how we needed him and our players needed him and he wasn't there in his mind. It was the most disappointing season I can remember and I just can't de-link him from that memory. What a ******* waste of membership money but even more, what a waste of hope.

It's all opinion, I know. Not trying to tell others what to think or feel.

Last edited:
I was personally so disappointed with him this year. I really felt he made a choice to stop playing with heart. All us die-hard fans have had these past few years is a glimmer of hope on the field. When he came out and said he wasn't enjoying football after dropping his efforts I just thought "yeah you're hurt but how much are you getting paid to do your job?"

I get that he was burnt... I just can't reconcile how we needed him and our players needed him and he wasn't there in his mind. It was the most disappointing season I can remember and I just can't de-link him from that memory. What a ******* waste of membership money but even more, what a waste of hope.

I'm pretty sure Jobe has apologized for letting his team down and fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followed up one of the dumbest posts ever written with another pearler.

You've made everyone that reads that feel dumber for doing so.

I agree Jobe let the team down in 2015, but how good was it to watch Heppell, Hurley, Hooker, Colyer, Bags and Merrett really step it up, so proud of these 6 players:thumbsu:
Also Jobe by having his alone time away from the club helped us gain 2 absolute great young talents in Francis and Parish.:):D:thumbsu:

Always look at the positives which come from a sad time in our clubs history.

I was personally so disappointed with him this year. I really felt he made a choice to stop playing with heart. All us die-fans have had these past few years is a glimmer of hope on the field. When he came out and said he wasn't enjoying football after dropping his efforts I just thought "yeah you're hurt but how much are you getting paid to do your job?"

I get that he was burnt... I just can't reconcile how we needed him and our players needed him and he wasn't there in his mind. It was the most disappointing season I can remember and I just can't de-link him from that memory.bwhat a ******* waste of membership money but even more, what a waste of hope.

Well that's all behind us now.

We ( the club, players and fans ) have just gone through 3 seasons of absolute despair and misery.

Nothing in the history of the game has been like it.

But that's footy. That's life.

We're far from destitute, (like Carlton lol) we have a proven new coach and our young player prospects are looking very promising.

So friggin cheer up ffs.

No player has had to go through what Jobe's had to. It's ridiculous pressure.

Think about what we, as supporters, have gone through. Multiply that by 100 and that's what the players have had to go through.

Then multiply that by 100. That's what Jobe has had to go through with everything in question, his leadership, the booing, the having to be front and center of everything.

If anybody deserved a break then it's him.

Should make Jobe knock on all the doors that say "no door knockers" thus resolving all the signifigant issues revealed in this gem of a thread.

Club can offer an additional membership sticker next year for particular members "no Essendon door knockers".

Thus repairing the small tear in the fabric of the universe this has caused.

We needed him?? What about what he needed? As the skipper he was the face of the layers through all this, everything we copped, he copped so much worse. His job and his reputation were on the line, people were hanging s**t on him every day for the last 3 years, but never mind that, it's all about what we need. Stop thinking only about yourself and show some goddamn empathy to the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back