Roast Membership door knock

Remove this Banner Ad

We needed him?? What about what he needed? As the skipper he was the face of the layers through all this, everything we copped, he copped so much worse. His job and his reputation were on the line, people were hanging s**t on him every day for the last 3 years, but never mind that, it's all about what we need. Stop thinking only about yourself and show some goddamn empathy to the players.
Is it really so inconceivable for you to accept the possibility he let the team down in 2015 without it becoming a drama?

Even Jobe admitted he let the team down. It's possible to understand that Jobe was dealing with an awful lot and there were legitimate reasons for him stepping aside while thinking he let the team down by doing so.

It doesn't mean that Jobe is weak, it doesn't mean that people don't understand what he would have had to deal with on some level or that they could do better, but just a simple honest fact that they felt let down, rightly or wrongly.

While I am not of that school of thought it's not that hard to understand it as a legitimate perspective.

The world is not an exercise in absolutes.

Is it ideal that Jobe went overseas mid-year? No, probably not. However, he was clearly struggling mentally and he has more excuse than any other player to have felt the pressure mentally, given he's been the public face- as captain- throughout this whole sorry time.

He has more leeway and excuse than any other player.

I'd hope our supporters, while bemoaning the fact he left during the year, have enough perspective not to accuse him of being weak and so on. Because we are in absolutely no position to judge the players on how they deal with the saga and especially not Jobe, as the captain who for two and a half years fronted up week after week, put in 100% and never batted an eyelid when dealing with the media.

He's only human; that sort of pressure will break most people.

The world is not an exercise in absolutes.

Is it ideal that Jobe went overseas mid-year? No, probably not. However, he was clearly struggling mentally and he has more excuse than any other player to have felt the pressure mentally, given he's been the public face- as captain- throughout this whole sorry time.

He has more leeway and excuse than any other player.

I'd hope our supporters, while bemoaning the fact he left during the year, have enough perspective not to accuse him of being weak and so on. Because we are in absolutely no position to judge the players on how they deal with the saga and especially not Jobe, as the captain who for two and a half years fronted up week after week, put in 100% and never batted an eyelid when dealing with the media.

He's only human; that sort of pressure will break most people.
Not only that, Jobe Watson also comes here and even posts on the HTB. ;)

I can see Jobe as thinking he let hihs team mates down - I'm sure he wanted to put himself out in the middle for longer. But I think it got to his breaking point and enough was enough too.

Sometimes even the strongest need a bit of 'me' time.

I'd rather Jobe took the second half of last year off then play the entire season and retire early due to feeling burnt out.

Should make Jobe knock on all the doors that say "no door knockers" thus resolving all the signifigant issues revealed in this gem of a thread.

I would welcome him in for a cuppa and have a chat about footy stuff

I think its nice but I'm a bomber who doesn't need a cuddle, my satisfaction comes from seeing the club execute a good draft which they seem to have and play some good footy.

Even with all the crap we still have better financials than the scum, even with the kick in the guts we still finished higher than the scum.

Geez barracking for Essendon is never a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Russells>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pugs
So it seems I missed my doorknock a week or so ago whilst walking my mini foxie. I don't mind the idea in general, good on the club for trying something different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back