News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

RussellEbertHandball can you clarify what the AFL means (or better yet the actual situation) when they say "ticket allocation is exhausted"?

What's the distinction between this and sold out?

They've sold all the ones they're selling today. More will be released. If they say 'sold out', people will give up.

RussellEbertHandball can you clarify what the AFL means (or better yet the actual situation) when they say "ticket allocation is exhausted"?

Take it that it means that any unused AFL corporate tickets and left over Geelong members allocation will be released on Thursday.

The tickets made available today have been sold. There are a small amount of tickets they're holding still for various reasons (corporate/sponsors) and any unclaimed will be on sale on Wednesday.

This will be 54k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got two tickets to the game as part of my AFL Grand Final pass. I'm in Perth so prob won't go to prelim and have no idea how much to charge if I sell them as it's part of a package...guess $150 for would be fair.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GA tickets already on well known scalping websites for $188 plus their booking fees.

So much for the major event status/anti-scalping laws. :rolleyes:

Only applies for the GF.

Really needs to be applied for the entire series, but it's a state by state thing (good luck getting all mainland states to agree)

Got confirmation that our tickets were sorted this morning after much frustration, like so many others have reported. Hi there Bay 130! It was just stupid to have three different sets of teams (GWS wouldn't be causing much issues on the server) going on sale all at the same. Add in SANFL GF also went on sale at the same time through ticketek.

SANFL GF's been on sale for weeks.

Now that's another level of stupid - pre book and get stung a $6 Ticketek fee, rock up on the day and pay $3 extra but no Ticketek fee.

The AFL block seats. They allocate bays/aisles for opposition fans at Adelaide Oval. I bet that the ground level seats of eastern stand will go crows members aisle, cats members aisle, crows aisle, cats aisle etc so there will be be 5 aisles of crows members and 5 of cats members between aisles 131 and 140. That will be repeated across the ground and the AFL will guestimate how many aisles in total to leave for cats members. They might keep that open until Tuesday or Wednesday night for Geelong members so that bay/aisle might not be sold out but allocation is exhausted for crows fans.

The AFL keep aside tickets for corporates, the 2 clubs requirements and other requirements and they block those seats from the public. That means those seats are exhausted by their allocation but they haven't necessarily been sold to people. For example every AFL Life Member has the right to 2 tickets and seats are allocated. Now for an AO game I don't know if they initially allocate seats for every AFL Life Member alive or they estimate how many would travel over. The AFL Life Members have to let the AFL know by a certain time if they will use their allocation. At some point the AFL will put these unused tickets back into the pool. Dont believe it's a sell out until it's officially confirmed only a few hours before the game. They will keep releasing those unused allocations back into the pool until that time.

SANFL GF's been on sale for weeks.

Now that's another level of stupid - pre book and get stung a $6 Ticketek fee, rock up on the day and pay $3 extra but no Ticketek fee.
Not really. Pre buy multiple tickets and the $5 booking fee is spread across all tickets. I bought 4 AO members guest passes today for $105 total.

The AFL block seats. They allocate bays/aisles for opposition fans at Adelaide Oval. I bet that the ground level seats of eastern stand will go crows members aisle, cats members aisle, crows aisle, cats aisle etc so there will be be 5 aisles of crows members and 5 of cats members between aisles 131 and 140. That will be repeated across the ground and the AFL will guestimate how many aisles in total to leave for cats members. They might keep that open until Tuesday or Wednesday night for Geelong members so that bay/aisle might not be sold out but allocation is exhausted for crows fans.

The AFL keep aside tickets for corporates, the 2 clubs requirements and other requirements and they block those seats from the public. That means those seats are exhausted by their allocation but they haven't necessarily been sold to people. For example every AFL Life Member has the right to 2 tickets and seats are allocated. Now for an AO game I don't know if they initially allocate seats for every AFL Life Member alive or they estimate how many would travel over. The AFL Life Members have to let the AFL know by a certain time if they will use their allocation. At some point the AFL will put these unused tickets back into the pool. Dont believe it's a sell out until it's officially confirmed only a few hours before the game. They will keep releasing those unused allocations back into the pool until that time.

Thanks.

Seems like a brilliant strategy for preventing finals from being sell-outs, even when there's such demand that it would cause a sellout.

I took a photo of the bays that i had access to at 9am this morning. Geelong bays seem to be: 146-148, 127-132, 334-336, front halves of 536-537, back halves of 527, 523. I'm not sure if it's exactly as above that it's sold out for one club but not anther - certainly for the qualifying final richmond had a way to sneak into the Geelong bays. Any unsold club member allocated bays would have gone on sale to the public this arvo (and by now sold out).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back