Roast Membership Grievance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're just on a call list.

The club doesn't sit there before calling and look up your history and go "Oh Mr Dingrell has put in 15k, better not call him!".

Ask the club to take you off call and marketing lists if it's an issue.
Yeah that's pretty obvious BUT do you know anyone who appreciates unsolicited calls asking for money? My kids are the only people I know who do, any call to my landline is precisely that and they have a ball taking the piss out of anyone and everyone who calls. I simply think the club shouldn't use that tactic apart from chasing up membership renewals

Yeah that's pretty obvious BUT do you know anyone who appreciates unsolicited calls asking for money? My kids are the only people I know who do, any call to my landline is precisely that and they have a ball taking the piss out of anyone and everyone who calls. I simply think the club shouldn't use that tactic apart from chasing up membership renewals
Then ask them to take you off the list, if you don't it's your fault that they continue to ring you.

...my understanding is that its an oganisation external to the club that runs the $250 a ticket draw.

Have had Members at other Clubs have the same call through their Club

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I'm angry about North (and AFL) supporting the yes case in the current debate. My opinion as a financial member wasn't sought beforehand. I didn't realise my membership fees were being spent on non football related issues and whilst I'll always support this club I have to wonder what management thinks gives them the right to get involved.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I'm angry about North (and AFL) supporting the yes case in the current debate. My opinion as a financial member wasn't sought beforehand. I didn't realise my membership fees were being spent on non football related issues and whilst I'll always support this club I have to wonder what management thinks gives them the right to get involved.

You were say you didn't realise your membership fees were begin spentg on non football related issues. Have you heard of The Huddle? The club spends money on that. Does that offend you too?

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, but if you want an education go over to the Non Footy related thread where the issue has been discussed further.

There is definitely a grey line between what football clubs should and shouldn't be involved in regardless of personal views.

The involvement of sporting organisations in spruiking social issues reeks far more of PR than genuine involvement these days. Conversely there is a valid counter-argument that their involvement helps drives change regardless of motive.

Which leads back to point A and whether sporting clubs whose chief edict is to field a football team should even be entering the sphere of raising social issues.

I remember Tef (not sure if he'd want to revive this point) queried the existence of the Huddle as all well and good but how does that help the football club?

Myopic maybe but still a clinically reasonable question.

You were say you didn't realise your membership fees were begin spentg on non football related issues. Have you heard of The Huddle? The club spends money on that. Does that offend you too?

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, but if you want an education go over to the Non Footy related thread where the issue has been discussed further.
Thanks for re-directing me, it's comforting to know that my concerns are shared by others. I have no wish to enter into a debate, only to have my opinion heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back