Mod. Notice Membership numbers for tickets- all posters please read the first post

Do you like Ticketmaster?

• Please wait in the queue for option one

• Please wait in the queue for option two

• Please wait in the queue for option three

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

lucky i have contacts inside in the club so even if i missed out on ballot I've got a very good chance of getting tickets

As a matter of interest is standing tickets allocated to a particular block or is it a free for all in any standing room area.

(have a seat so doesn't effect me this time around)

As a matter of interest is standing tickets allocated to a particular block or is it a free for all in any standing room area.

(have a seat so doesn't effect me this time around)

Good question. And is it an actual room? Like behind glass? The view looks okay but you'd definitely lose some of the atmosphere if it's not properly open to the crowd. I'm imagining it to be more like a standing area.

Good question. And is it an actual room? Like behind glass? The view looks okay but you'd definitely lose some of the atmosphere if it's not properly open to the crowd. I'm imagining it to be more like a standing area.

Nah - I think it is areas behind the blocks on the ground tier. But I stand to be corrected.

Yeah behind blocks ground level. 3 or 4 steps, railed off. Had an attendant kind of looking after it but didn't ask for our tickets. We were actually assigned the bay right next to MCC which was the best bay for viewing I thought.

I had standing room in the 2009 GF.
Was a horrible experience.
Couldn't see any scoreboard and only had a little TV bolted to the concrete that never showed scores or stats (really confusing in that grand final when one team is 6 and alot of points and the another is 8 an accurate).
The tickets were dedicated to a particular bay.
Sometimes at the G standing is alright when you have space but being packed in that area that day was the worst football viewing experience I have ever had.
Almost 10 years' on maybe it's improved... also might be better in the newer (Northern Stand)... Southern Stand was were I was that day.

I had standing room in the 2009 GF.
Was a horrible experience.
Couldn't see any scoreboard and only had a little TV bolted to the concrete that never showed scores or stats (really confusing in that grand final when one team is 6 and alot of points and the another is 8 an accurate).
The tickets were dedicated to a particular bay.
Sometimes at the G standing is alright when you have space but being packed in that area that day was the worst football viewing experience I have ever had.
Almost 10 years' on maybe it's improved... also might be better in the newer (Northern Stand)... Southern Stand was were I was that day.
Can someone with a reserved seat go in the standing area to have a quick browse?

If the choice were between standing room and no ticket at all, then stand I would!

(apologies in advance to anyone stuck behind my 198cm, 105kg frame)

If the choice were between standing room and no ticket at all, then stand I would!

(apologies in advance to anyone stuck behind my 198cm, 105kg frame)
I'm half your size but I'd still prefer standing over not going at all . I struggle enough when sitting behind someone tall haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you need a myki card to catch public transport or you get beaten up and/or fined by public transport officers haha

Actually there is a free tram zone in the CBD :)

MCG is outside of the free zone. But if you get a tram you won't get checked. Train to Richmond or Jolimont station will need one to exit.

Yes mine is still pending as well.

I keep checking my ticketek account as I want to know my actual seats. It's all very exciting :)
I'm guessing until the money is cleared into Ticketek account and not pending from my bank,
they wont be giving out your seat locations.

Hey guys,

Not sure if you have to stand in certain sections but some are better than others. The screens have been updated and you can see one from most areas. The ponsford stand has really good standing areas if you are allocated there.

The free tram zone was extended last weekend to include the rod laver stop (gate 1 entrance) and the hisense arena stop (gate 6 and 7). I would imagine the same thing would have applied for the tram stops on the jolimont side of the ground.

Back