Membership Packs - Gripes and Opportunities

Remove this Banner Ad

Received my Baby Joey membership for the little one yesterday (signed up just hours after she was born) & mine today.

The baby one was alright. A little rookie key ring (that all first year members get), a certificate, a baby on board thing for the car, membership card & bib. Happy enough with all that. Maybe a little baby scarf or beanie could have been cute considering it’s like $65, but I guess it’s fine.

The regular season membership is pretty poor. I stick up for the club a lot, but this isn’t definitely a bit embarrassing when compared to other clubs / previous years.

As soon as I opened it I could tell how crappy the quality of the printing on the lanyard is. The fact you have to stick the magnet on yourself just screams ‘cheap!’ I would rather not have the fixture at all. I use the NMFC app for that.

Personally I’d be happy with a quality key ring or pin each year. Saying how many years I’ve been a member & maybe what season it is. Then just the card that gets me into the game.

At the time of renewal they could have an option to purchase a scarf or hat for an extra ten bucks if you think you need one.

...or a members stubby holder.

The fact it came so late hasn’t helped their cause.

Here’s hoping we have the opportunity at the end of the season or something to give feedback & that a lesson is learnt here.

It has been a shambles.

Received my Baby Joey membership for the little one yesterday (signed up just hours after she was born) & mine today.

The baby one was alright. A little rookie key ring (that all first year members get), a certificate, a baby on board thing for the car, membership card & bib. Happy enough with all that. Maybe a little baby scarf or beanie could have been cute considering it’s like $65, but I guess it’s fine.

The regular season membership is pretty poor. I stick up for the club a lot, but this isn’t definitely a bit embarrassing when compared to other clubs / previous years.

As soon as I opened it I could tell how crappy the quality of the printing on the lanyard is. The fact you have to stick the magnet on yourself just screams ‘cheap!’ I would rather not have the fixture at all. I use the NMFC app for that.

Personally I’d be happy with a quality key ring or pin each year. Saying how many years I’ve been a member & maybe what season it is. Then just the card that gets me into the game.

At the time of renewal they could have an option to purchase a scarf or hat for an extra ten bucks if you think you need one.

...or a members stubby holder.

The fact it came so late hasn’t helped their cause.

Here’s hoping we have the opportunity at the end of the season or something to give feedback & that a lesson is learnt here.

It has been a shambles.
A members stubby holder!! Yes please.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A members stubby holder!! Yes please.

From the professional virtue signalers that have currently set up shop inside the club? Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Your raffle ticket book will arrive on time though. You can set your watch to that.

From the professional virtue signalers that have currently set up shop inside the club? Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Your raffle ticket book will arrive on time though. You can set your watch to that.
I was thinking that when I typed. I can't even get a beer down there nowadays. Fat chance their going to give me something to put it in.

As for the raffle tickets...my closed wallet policy will still be in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone go kill Snake's soapbox

Eat a bag of dicks, cultural traitor. If you think I am alone with my thinking, then you're delusional.

As for the raffle tickets...my closed wallet policy will still be in action.

You're not alone there mate. They go straight in the bin. I laugh that they have the gall to even send the things.

Received mine members pack yesterday. Not overly impressed.:thumbsdown:

My issues are the same as others, so I won't repeat them, but what I will say is in previous years the cap was a nice, snug fit and didn't blow away in the slightest breeze. The new cap, which looks okay with the 150 years badge, feels like is has been redesigned to not fit on a standard shaped head (I'm assuming I have one of those), it is no longer a comfortable fit, and blew off my head when I turn my desktop fan on. WTF!!

A little underwhelmed with what the club provided this year. Hope to see some improvement next year.

Received mine members pack yesterday. Not overly impressed.:thumbsdown:

My issues are the same as others, so I won't repeat them, but what I will say is in previous years the cap was a nice, snug fit and didn't blow away in the slightest breeze. The new cap, which looks okay with the 150 years badge, feels like is has been redesigned to not fit on a standard shaped head (I'm assuming I have one of those), it is no longer a comfortable fit, and blew off my head when I turn my desktop fan on. WTF!!

A little underwhelmed with what the club provided this year. Hope to see some improvement next year.
Sweet. So the cap might fit my odd shaped melon this year.

na, I think DEVO has the odd shaped head as the last few years they haven't fitted my head that well but this one does!

I must have around 60-70 caps (about 30 of them are NMFC caps) and this is the first one that doesn't fit my head. It's like it was designed for Andrew Denton, it's a bizarre shape at the back and no matter how much adjustment I make I can't get it too fit comfortably.

I must have around 60-70 caps (about 30 of them are NMFC caps) and this is the first one that doesn't fit my head. It's like it was designed for Andrew Denton, it's a bizarre shape at the back and no matter how much adjustment I make I can't get it too fit comfortably.
All I can say is that it's about bloody time PCness has extended to head shape.

I was sick of being an outcast due to my wierd shaped bonce. Finally, i can wear my member's cap with pride.

All I care about are the membership cards, the activation code for the digital subscription and the North magazine. I would like to see an option in the membership site where you can select or deselect every landfill item that they send you so we can reduce the amount of junk the club needs to purchase/ship out but make them all deselected by default so you have to actually turn it on.

Pretty ordinary effort really

Another cheap back pack
Another hat
Another cheap, tiny plastic drink bottle
A stupid magnet fixture
No Social Club medallion
I like the car stickers but the kids don't drive so not sure what to do with theirs
Arrived two months later than usual

Either someone isn't being paid enough to come up with decent ideas, or someone doesn't really give a stuff. Probably a bit of both. This really isn't that hard or even important, but I was genuinely underwhelmed this year.

Why would anyone need more than one of the water bottles or backpacks? Such a waste to keep getting those year after year.

The one-off items have sometimes been better quality and, surprisingly enough, have some novelty value given they weren't repeated every year. Good examples being the 2013 kids pillow case (still going strong) and the 2018 small towel. There was also a blue and white face paint stick at some point which lasted a few years. Less honourable mentions for (2017?) inflatable finger which I think burst on its first trip to Etihad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back